10211 - Grand Emporium

rcdb1984

Lego shop@home US: GE: expected ship date April 9! 

Yesterday it was March 23. It would be funny when they change it to may, so nobody can buy it during double vip points. 

Or is it possible to order it during double vip although it's not available at the moment?

Lego shop@home US: GE: expected ship date April 9! 

Yesterday it was March 23. It would be funny when they change it to may, so nobody can buy it during double vip points. 

Or is it possible to order it during double vip although it's not available at the moment?

As long as you can put it in your bag and pay for it, you should be able to buy it.

I have checked the stock levels over the past few weeks and they did not change much. I doubt one individual bought all 26 (I'm looking at you, TabbyBoy), but if enough of the Brits here panicked that would explain it.

Or one person with deep pockets bought all of them. But that would still be a lot of money.

If the GE would not retire, it will retire now. People are panicking.

If anything, I think the too early panic buying only results in more being produced and extended life since it appears to TLG there's some new interest in the set. I don't think this set was planned to be out of production until the end of the year, but I think heavy buying can end up extending that time.

If anything, I think the too early panic buying only results in more being produced and extended life since it appears to TLG there's some new interest in the set. I don't think this set was planned to be out of production until the end of the year, but I think heavy buying can end up extending that time.

Agreed.  This makes a lot of sense. I've been buying a few here and there for the last year, so I'm not worried.  It seems a lot of people are a little paranoid after the FB seemed to vanish from one day to the next.  

Guest TabbyBoy

I have checked the stock levels over the past few weeks and they did not change much. I doubt one individual bought all 26 (I'm looking at you, TabbyBoy), but if enough of the Brits here panicked that would explain it.

Not guilty! I've been getting mine from Amazon Spain when they were less than

LOL

yeah, right... assuming they learned anything from recent zoo/hearse/PA fiasco... when even "cancelled" did not mean anything

Well, yeah.  If LEGO Shop at Home cancels your order, than no points.  But everything I ordered (even if it was on back order, which a few things were), was still charged immediately, and still got me my VIP points.