10211 - Grand Emporium

rcdb1984

Lego store employee told me every modular except the GE will be retired at the end of the year and no new modulars will be made. I freaked out and sold all my GE's at half price and put all the money towards Parisian restaurants and palace cinemas. I suggest you all do the same.

• Like 2

What I found odd is the guide price of the pet shop which has been available vs. the grand emporium. We will see on the next update what the trends look like but that did not make sense to me. I will be done with my Grand Emporium accumulation shortly. I am debating my 20 threshold or lowering it to 15. I am not expecting to sell any of these sets until 2 years or so after retirement. I figure for most of the stuff we have and will see reitre by june of this year most folks will try and cash in this Christmas. That being said the two year mark seems to be when supply will have dwindled a bit and prices stabilize and move up. I am hoping that in 4-5 years I will be out of most of the positions that I am currently in and a very happy camper.

Lego store employee told me every modular except the GE will be retired at the end of the year and no new modulars will be made. I freaked out and sold all my GE's at half price and put all the money towards Parisian restaurants and palace cinemas. I suggest you all do the same.

Aside from just the "Lego store employee told me" bit, there isn't a single part in any of this that sounds even remotely sane. Retire all modulars except the next one on the chopping block and despite popularity & sales to stop the design process for a future modular right after they quite obviously put so much effort into their latest one? Please tell me you were simply jesting with your statement in an effort to rile us up.

Sarcasm of course. Based on earlier posts about lego store employees saying GE will retire in 6 months. That and maybe some people actually take me serious and start panick buying Parisian restaurants.

Phew. For a moment there I was afraid the worst had happened and they managed to brainwash you! :o ....Or replaced your brain with tator tots. :P

Last week I snatched the last GE from a big shop for about 15% below RRP. In the past they had them several times in stock and always after they were sold out it would say out of stock. Now, after I bought the last one it did not say out of stock but "not deliverable anymore".

Another shop that sometimes has them for a good price still lists the GE on its site but it is out of stock and it says expected in week 28!

My gut tells me that the GE will be pretty scarce after double VIP next month.

Anyone already setup a game plan on what to order during double VIP and how? Do they start at 1 April midnight exactly? It will be my very first double VIP so I am wondering what strategy to use. I am planning to order minimum 2 GE's (brings my total to 4), a TB and a HH.

Breaking News!

In my last post up this one I mentioned I snatched the last GE from a shop. I just now received an email and it says:

"Dear Customer,

You reserved with ****** webshop the following article:

Lego Creator 10211 Grand Emporium.

With this email I regretfully have to inform you that we are not able to timely deliver this article in the shop of your choosing.

Our deliverer has let us know that he cannot give a concrete date of delivery so we also cannot give you an expected delivery date. When we get more news about this you will be notified by us.

Can you confirm if you wish to keep your reservation or if you wish to cancel it?

Our excuses for any inconvenience this may cause."

Once the amount available to buy chnages, ship date flips to 30 or 60 days, or ability to add to bag goes away we can co sider it gone. I have been saying this all year. Stock has been in and out all year. Walmart has had them but destroyed every odrer i placed so i am done with them.

My .02:  it is still widely available in the UK.  Lego shop@home as no restrictions on purchases (lets me put 99 into my basket), it is 'available now' and there are healthy supplies at John Lewis.  I will happily wait for 2x VIP before loading up on GE: from the indications here, it isn't going anywhere for a little while yet (at least in the UK)!

Guest TabbyBoy

2x VIP is when these will run out I think.  I'm ordering another dozen or so on 01APR before they run out along with more Petshops.  Us Brits won't find them any cheaper.  But, it won't surprise me if Lego restrict quantities during the 2x VIP promotion.

Guest TabbyBoy

Ha, I made a chart just like that!  yours is a little better though, thanks for posting.  I will be very surprised if GE makes it to 2015.

If we all stock up asap, it'll be lucky to make it to Easter! ;-)

Anybody who is going to start panic Buying the GE, is not going to make this Retire in a few months, Lego will make sure there are plenty of these for the Holidays, its in the New Catalog. And only Lego Know's if they are going to really retire this set. Which I hope they do. With the April Double Points I should have 30 of these,and will most likely end up with about 10 more by Christmas. But like I said every would be investor should be picking a few of these up now and then til Dec, along with the TB,HH,PS,and other I am always talking about. Ed

• Like 1