10211 - Grand Emporium

rcdb1984

Anything a Lego employee/representative ever says is pretty much wrong because none of them actually know.

I cannot tell you exact the position of this guy, because LEGO can read this forum too and he will get into trouble.

It was an accident on his part to tell me about the retirement of the GE.

He just heard the news that same morning as I spoke to him.

But we'll see.

If it doesn't retire within 6 months... I will humble make my apologies.

If it does retire within 6 months, then you'll get a reaction from me too.

I cannot tell you exact the position of this guy, because LEGO can read this forum too and he will get into trouble.

But we'll see.

Yeah its nothing against you personally - its just that most of Lego's corporate people probably don't know when a set is going to retire. people make claims like yours everyday and they are pretty much never right - outside of saying "it will be done by the end of the year", etc. 

It retiring in the next several months would be odd considering its the middle of the year. I think it may retire at the end of the year but not certain at all.

• 3 weeks later...

But we'll see.

If I were you, I could not totally believe in it but might take it as a reference only.

All we can do at this moment, is to catch the best timing/price to invest in.

At least we sure it will retire soon.

FB went EOL in November. Some B&M stores had stock until Jan, sometimes at a discount, but it was generally unavailable from Dec onwards, which correlates with the Ebay price rise.

I suspect GE will follow a similar pattern, so we may have a few months yet.

GE is a really nice set, so I think err on the side of caution and buy at least one extra now.  It is a corner set and much more interesting than the Fire Brigade.  I have 4 or 5 already, but might get another in double VIP month if it's still available then.

I predict in and out of stock this and next month.  If the date moves out too far, available to buy goes to 99, or other acknowledged (non retiring soon) events will be sure signs.   I have no town halls, but at 200 I think I would rather have orthancs.  This stock issue has also happened on 3185.

First of all: yes i know, probably i should post this in the "what i heard from a lego store employee today". 

I just talked to two different lego store employees in Austria. (phone call) 

Both of them told me that 10211 is out of stock and they won't get them anymore. I checked the availability of 10211 a few times in the past weeks. None

european amazon site has them on stock. Plus both lego stores in my area are out of stock. 

Maybe 10211 is going EOL sooner as we expected? What do you guys think?

Would be great if GE retired this year (after I get one more).  I'm not taking chances...jumping the gun or not I think people will use 2x vip pts in April to stock up.  I also want to see a release of the 2'nd mini modulars set...there should be enough buildings now.   

• 2 weeks later...

Should be out til the end of the year, but be wise and everybody should pick a few of these up now and then, not the last minute, and don't forge the TB,HH,Etc

Emazers if I were to buy 5 sets during 2x VIP Points what do you think would be the best one to target.

-I don't always going shopping, but when I do I buy Lego-