10211 - Grand Emporium

rcdb1984

I think this is going to be my first set to buy a few of (just dipping my toes in lego investing, more a fun hobby and an offset to some of the cost from buying sets for the kids as they are now huge Lego fans :).  Looks fun to build and hope for a good return in a few years!  

Its a great/fun hobby.  If you have a little collector trait in you...just having some sets that are not available anymore in your closet or where ever you keep your Lego is nice.  The bonus is you have kids so the sets can be passed down or the family has fun opening and building together.  Good choice being your potential first investment set.   

Guest TabbyBoy

I ordered 22x VW Campers from Lego last year and they didn't bat an eyelid. I'd not hesitate to order 20x GE and 20x PS during 2x VIP had the space. If Lego UK were that worried, they'd reduce limits from 99. If JL have another 10% off in the Summer sale, I'll be giving it large.

I ordered 22x VW Campers from Lego last year and they didn't bat an eyelid. I'd not hesitate to order 20x GE and 20x PS during 2x VIP had the space. If Lego UK were that worried, they'd reduce limits from 99. If JL have another 10% off in the Summer sale, I'll be giving it large.

You any idea how regularly they have 10% discounts?

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

I don't understand why some folks get bent out of shape hearing what Lego reps say or 'arguing' with other posters.  Just take it as chit chat.  No harm done.  Would people prefer reps say I don't know as strict company policy?  Some reps are actually telling the truth...they don't see any new orders coming in from their schedule perhaps.  And if new stock does come in it might be a surprise to them too.

I hope the GE is gone sooner than later but if I buy some in April, it's really not going to depress me if it's available all year or even into 2015.  Same with Tower Bridge or Pet Shop.  You make your own judgement and go with it.        

• Like 1

Its a great/fun hobby. If you have a little collector trait in you...just having some sets that are not available anymore in your closet or where ever you keep your Lego is nice. The bonus is you have kids so the sets can be passed down or the family has fun opening and building together. Good choice being your potential first investment set.

thanks, I'm have a lot of fun so far and do have a collector trait in me for sure. Maybe too much of one, I have a huge list of things I want to stock up on so far :)

John Lewis only price match Debenhams I believe

No, they price match the online major retailers as well, the price matched Amazons deal on 79010 for ages.

Although it is often confusing to what price they are matching because they just put a Price Match sticker on it. Including a Price Match price of

waiting is hard to do :) 

Scenario for you guys...lets say GE does retire/get sold out in April (pretend ok...just play along), would people start stocking up on PS too?  Guess unusual but 2 modulars retiring in one year would make things very interesting.  Crazier things have happened.      

I've ordered a bunch of larger sets and most of them arrived in near-mint to mint condition. The only time I got mad was when an SSD arrived in a dented box with loose seals. I checked and everything seemed to be there. I didn't want to go through the hassle of sending it back so I kept it.

I don't understand why everyone is waiting for double VIP. By my math, after double VIP points and tax for me, my net price is $146 (assuming I can use the points towards the same order, which we can't). If I pick this set up at Target with a gift card at 5% off face value and the 5% red card discount, it works out to about a dollar cheaper. AND, no possible red flag at LEGO. Am I missing something?

• Like 1

I don't understand why everyone is waiting for double VIP. By my math, after double VIP points and tax for me, my net price is $146 (assuming I can use the points towards the same order, which we can't). If I pick this set up at Target with a gift card at 5% off face value and the 5% red card discount, it works out to about a dollar cheaper. AND, no possible red flag at LEGO. Am I missing something?

Just some of us Lego fans/investors/collectors in other regions don't have Target, B&******, Walmart with those nice promos or inventory of big sets etc.  Or for those who only purchase domestically and don't take advantage of regional Amazon deals.   

But yeah, if I lived in the US I wouldn't wait for 2x vip pts if I could get it for cheaper at another retailer.