10211 - Grand Emporium

rcdb1984

a reputation to not make a profit?  target is just doing what TRU does just less extreme.

i'm not holding it against target - if anything I think its awesome because its already boosting the value of the GE's I already own.

i can't wait to see the pop when this goes to SOLD OUT.

if you want 1 or 5 GE for yourself to build, buy at LEGO Shop at Home at msrp + VIP points.

Is all that directed at me?  I'm all for retailers pricing items at whatever price they want.  I was just saying that Target seemingly has a reputation of being liked.  So if I were a Target bigwig, I'd probably want to maintain that reputation and not start having "Target" and "price gouging" used in the same sentence.

Yep, if the uninformed consumer goes to target.com to buy the Grand Emporium and sees $219.99 (but out of stock) and then goes to my Grand Emporium listing on eBay and sees, say, $215, he's more likely to buy because he thinks he's getting a good price.

I'm banned from lego.com, so I can't buy Grand Emporiums from there, but thank you for the suggestion that I never would have thought of.

I grabbed one when it still indicated a shipping date of June 26.  Interesting that it quickly moved to 30 days.  As much as I'd like this to make it to a triple VIP event, part of me would rather have it retire sooner than later.  Can always work on adding to my 'next modular in the series that will probably retire (are we all agreed on PS?)' if this goes before October.

Actually as I'm typing this it inspired me to order a PS to get another balloon cart.  Never too early to build up inventory :)

• Like 1

my GE arrived today in excellent shape (9/10) even with that balloon polybag. VW in a different box (w balloon cart too) was excellent as well... confidence in LEGO Shop at Home box condition increased haha.

yeah I hope GE goes eol before oct/Nov, but we'll have to wait and see. I am happy with my small stash and fear ban hammer lol. my orders have been mixed and 30-90 days between orders so good enough.

This is a great set for a small time investor. I have 3 new, one used - which my Mum has just built - I hope to get a few more between now and Dec. I still only have one VW though, every time I go to get one something else pops up. Like the Maersk ship. :)