10211 - Grand Emporium

rcdb1984

If your goal was to have 20 and you have 10, my first question would be what have you been doing for 4 years?  There was ample opportunity to acquire these sets over that time.  If a person is new to the game, then I can understand the urgency.  I don't want to sound like a jerk, but if you are that large of an investor, you really shouldn't be scrambling to locate the GE at this time.  

As you point out, not everyone has the space and capital to slowly accumulate sets, and not everyone has been around for the entire life of the GE. For new and smaller investors who are trying to build up a portfolio and get into the game, information about a set's retirement (or non-retirement) is really useful. The scoffers are scoffing because the information isn't very useful for their situation, but that doesn't make it worthless to the entire BP community. Those who have been building up a stash of GEs for the last two years don't really care whether the set retires now or in 6 months or whatever, but the people who only have the funds to buy and hold a half dozen sets care very much. They want to maximize their profits so that they can become big fish who don't care about seal codes!

me thinks: #10211(GE) is going to be only available via S&**** and may be few Lego stores if they put in order for it around Jan 2014.

based on my sources(of course they are not the C-suites execs we had here. so i have to take it FWIW or with a grain of salt ) likely hood of this going to any retailers is very minimal since all the requisition for their demand were already fulfilled.

this does not mean that retailers don't have some stashed to sell at inflated price ( like target is doing recently) but walmart is getting none.

well, do you want to discuss with your sources why Target got it? :-)

Target jacking the price is fantastic. I have more GEs than anything and this only helps the value. 

hmmm. does make one wonder if this behavior (price increasing month before retirement especially with exclusives) might be a newer pricing agreement Lego made w/ good old B&M's online stores since it's never done in-stores.  TRU has been doing it for years.   Walmart and Target are now doing it.  I don't recall amazon.com doing it though (although they only have a virtual store).   just another thing to ponder.

I don't even know why people get so butthurt when people say the codes are useless....it's an opinion just like the opinion that the codes are useful. If you want to base your investing strategy on some numbers on a seal then fine doesn't mean I have to or think that they in anyway help. Mos and I voiced our opinion about the codes and that was it. People keep bringing it up that they are indeed useful and that's why this goes in circles. The scoffing comment is what started this up again if you noticed.

You answered your own question. Scoffing is dismissive and insulting. People react to being scoffed at. Especially on the interwebs where playful teasing can be read as a direct insult to your mother and the dog that mounted her.

Also, most people get pretty emotional about "being right". When they're told they're not right they freakout.