10211 - Grand Emporium

rcdb1984

If everyone stocks up then when it goes EOL they would flood the market. Consider only getting a few and the same goes with all modulars.

Same thing was said about the Fire Brigade which was the most stocked set by members overall before being retired and look how that scenario turned out.
  • Like 6

If GE was stockpiled so hard - then why are folks scrambling to get more?  As one of the most revered members here says: "You guys have had since early 2010 to get this set."

"I want to be like emazers" mentality ;)

GE is the next modular projected to retired. It would be very interesting to see the reactions around here if GE is not retired in the next 9 months.

If GE was stockpiled so hard - then why are folks scrambling to get more?  As one of the most revered members here says: "You guys have had since early 2010 to get this set."

You're asking why everyone's trying to buy a popular and exclusive set that's about to retire? Even the investors who *have* been hoarding want to pick up a couple last-minute sets before it's gone for good because profit.

You're asking why everyone's trying to buy a popular and exclusive set that's about to retire? Even the investors who *have* been hoarding want to pick up a couple last-minute sets before it's gone for good because profit.

No - i was challenging the notion that this set won't do well because "OMG ALL INVEST0RZ ARE STOCK PILE THIS SET"

I doubt that GE has been hoarded to FB levels.

I doubt that GE has been hoarded to FB levels.

I would disagree with this for multiple reasons. First there are many many more investors than there were when the FB was being stockpiled. Also the FB seemed to disappear quicker. There has been many more chances to grab a GE. Also I think a lot of people were hesitant to grab a FB because they weren't sure when it was going to retire or how it would do after retirement. Now that it is retired we know the GE has a very good possibility of retiring this year and we have seen the performance of the FB and know that GE is more of a sure bet. Only Jeff or Ed could tell us for sure but my guess would be the GE is more stockpiled.

• Like 3

I see the point you are making but you can't really compare a set that retired 7 months ago with one that is available still in regards to listings.

I see no reason why GE won't be 400-500$

true but it wouldn't surprise me after the GE is officially retired if there are still more GE for sale on amazon than FB

I think as far as the small BrickPicker community goes, Jeff or Ed could tell us which one is more stockpiled here.  Of course, using the Brickfolio feature is required.

I think this would be interesting. Even if it is just a rough estimate.

I would disagree with this for multiple reasons. First there are many many more investors than there were when the FB was being stockpiled. Also the FB seemed to disappear quicker. There has been many more chances to grab a GE. Also I think a lot of people were hesitant to grab a FB because they weren't sure when it was going to retire or how it would do after retirement. Now that it is retired we know the GE has a very good possibility of retiring this year and we have seen the performance of the FB and know that GE is more of a sure bet. Only Jeff or Ed could tell us for sure but my guess would be the GE is more stockpiled.

Did GE get the same "retiring soon" tag that FB received?  Also, GE seems to have caught many folks by surprise as it is becoming scarce in the middle of the year versus the end of the year.

Did GE get the same "retiring soon" tag that FB received?  Also, GE seems to have caught many folks by surprise as it is becoming scarce in the middle of the year versus the end of the year.

It's becoming scarce because investors keep buying them up after seeing the performance of the FB.  :rofl:  I think only Jeff or Ed could settle this one way or the other and even then that is only a small (possibly flawed) sample of the real hoarding between the 2 sets. I still lean towards GE being the more stockpiled set by investors. I myself have 2 FB and 33 GE and I was around long before the FB retired and when it was still discounted for $119 forever. My inventory and choices may not be the same as many others here so take my FB to GE ratio with a huge grain of salt.

Wouldn't the fact that FB is retired, and has been, and a lot of people purchasing this set now are buying to build, thus depleting supply, attribute to there being less sellers/listings as well.

I believe that is what Bold-Arrow was referring to in an earlier post.

"...you can't really compare a set that retired 7 months ago with one that is available still in regards to listings."