10211 - Grand Emporium

rcdb1984

Stocked up five from amazon last week late night and got my order today. $149.99 a piece. Code shows 40R2

Not sure if this is a new batch. It was available last Wednesday at 2am so I hit the buy orders immediately and was too tired to put a notification. By the time I refreshed, it got poofed.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

I ordered 1 too on the 14 JUly (In Stock on 16 July), but current delivery status is " We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date. " Looks like it's backorder on Amazon. 

I'll update the code once received.

• Like 1

His wording was back ordered dated stock. I just don't see why TLG would do a small production run for back ordered stock. I've always thought the GE will see the year out and this latest run seems to suggest there's still life in it yet.

The set is currently back ordered right? So if they pushed out the 27r4 run to fill all orders clearly it's not enough out coming out fast enough to fill demand. I'm staying that when the mini poly is available then the remaining/upcoming ge stock is going to go quickly. It's going to be the best investment set at this time to get the mini poly bag.

Woah! I jumped the gun, methinks. I had a back-ordered 10188 Death Star ship today and just for giggles logged in to LEGO Shop at Home to check VIP points, shipping status, etc. When what to my wondering eyes should appear: a separate order no longer lists my GEs as "backordered"; they are now "In Process"...

Perhaps my orders will be filling in nicely in a tight little cluster.

Have any of the veterans ever seen a situation like we are seeing on GE with any other set? Moving around with backorder, call for availability, out of stock... 

Probably every set....LOL.  You just don't pay attention to most of the "regular" sets going in and out of stock.

• Like 3

If all they shipping are 27R4s, it means they already spat them out. So, they are sitting on a pile, but not releasing it in full. Who knows why...

Smoothing sales over an extend period of time to hit quarterly sales targets would be my best guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Have any of the veterans ever seen a situation like we are seeing on GE with any other set? Moving around with backorder, call for availability, out of stock...

Probably every set....LOL.  You just don't pay attention to most of the "regular" sets going in and out of stock.

There was a similar thread to this in regards to the FB about this time last year. But the set just vanished around November time. None of this going in and out of stock.

Having said that, with all this talk about the GE being unavailable, the UK eBay price has hardly moved. It's fluctuated about 5% over the past 3 months. Holding just below RRP. Although some plonker paid

Ever heard of Orc Forge? they did it for 6 months, every couple days it would go from Available, to back order, to sold out, to call for availability.

While GE may still have some life left in it from my expeirence when they start playing these games of changing availability it usually means its on its last legs and will be EOL sooner than later.

• Like 1

Ever heard of Orc Forge? they did it for 6 months, every couple days it would go from Available, to back order, to sold out, to call for availability.

While GE may still have some life left in it from my expeirence when they start playing these games of changing availability it usually means its on its last legs and will be EOL sooner than later.

Was it sporadically available at other retailers during that time?

It was a Target exclusive. It was in and out of stock on target,com after not being available for a while. Then it remained in-stock for something like 3 months before selling out

Sent from an iPhone using the Brickpicker app

I wonder why they are not doing the same with SSD... even sicker plan?

What if it is much more simple than most of us think and LEGO just have a very specific schedule already set up that they stick to straight forward, saying for example:

- SSD will not be produced anymore past June 2014 (if stock is depleted before that, they might produce more; if stock lasts longer, there will be no new production)

- GE will not be produced anymore past September 2014 (if stock is depleted before that, they might produce more; if stock lasts longer, there will be no new production)

- DS will not be produced anymore past December 2014 (if stock is depleted before that, they might produce more; if stock lasts longer, there will be no new production)

I mean how probable can it really be that such a big company decides about EOL dates seemingly on a day-to-day basis? I think this is not probable at all. There is no infamous "guy" that is constantly changing the status display on the LEGO Shop at Home site... it is just a program checking the incoming data and stock. I guess LEGO already had its plan ready in say December 2013, with fixed EOL dates for the whole year of 2014 - maybe EOL dates where set up for the end of every quarter or even half year. And producing or not producing and relocating and stuff is just a reaction to the changing stock situation not because LEGO are constantly changing their mind every day. So I would rather look at what happens after the end of each quarter instead of looking at everything all the time.

• Like 3

In the UK, it was mostly available thru amazon after EOL. The availability was stable but the price yoyod all over the place, from

Smooth out sales of GE? This is one set out of hundreds. I don't think they are trickle feeding us GE. 27R4 could just have been a repackaging/relabeling run of damaged inventory. Or a small run to fulfill orders already placed.

Otherwise it would have flooded the stores again: Target, TRU, etc. If 27R4 was a regular sized run, it should have been made to mass consumers already by now. Why would you sit on product that can be depleted so quickly?

• Like 1