10211 - Grand Emporium

rcdb1984

Honestly. I think the simplest indicator of imminent retirement is Target raising their prices on the sets getting retired.  This has happened numerous times.  I really wish I jotted this stuff down, because I could make a better case.  Maybe some other members can chime in if they can recall sets that Target raised prices on.  I believe they did it with the Fire Brigade, SSD and GE...but there are more.

It's currently unavailable, but Target's listed price on the DS is $560.99. So if your theory is correct, MAYBE finally curtains for this thing?

Has any of the GE's that you guys have ordered from LEGO Shop at Home had wear from bouncing around in the box it came in?  Mine isn't beat up but it doesn't look mint.  It looks like shelf wear from the box rubbing against the inside of the shipping box.

I think you have to live with that. When I got my last Mars Rover (was just sold out at shop@home) the box was damaged. Call lego and tell them. I got my money back and could keep the rover. Then I knew it was EOL for sure.

So if the codes are linked to production runs, this is still very much alive and kicking.

If it is alive and kicking, why don't they set it to Available Now, instead of cycling between oos and sold out all day long, with a sparkle of call to check availability? Feels like they did 27R4 run, and trying to spread the produced amount over longer time period, by creative manipulation with stock status.

Also, if it is alive and kicking, how come tru/target/walmart did not get any for two weeks since production run? Well, I guess target did get 8 of them, though it is not clear if they found remnants of 18R4, or got smallish order of 27R4

If it is alive and kicking, why don't they set it to Available Now, instead of cycling between oos and sold out all day long, with a sparkle of call to check availability? Feels like they did 27R4 run, and trying to spread the produced amount over longer time period, by creative manipulation with stock status.

Also, if it is alive and kicking, how come tru/target/walmart did not get any for two weeks since production run? Well, I guess target did get 8 of them, though it is not clear if they found remnants of 18R4, or got smallish order of 27R4

Maybe they are not spitting them out as fast to fill all backorders let alone fill TRU etc....

I think he is saying that given the promo, and assuming limited availability of 27R4 run, people could chew through of whatever left of that run faster than without promo. But that's my interpretation

His wording was back ordered dated stock. I just don't see why TLG would do a small production run for back ordered stock. I've always thought the GE will see the year out and this latest run seems to suggest there's still life in it yet.

Stocked up five from amazon last week late night and got my order today. $149.99 a piece. Code shows 40R2

Not sure if this is a new batch. It was available last Wednesday at 2am so I hit the buy orders immediately and was too tired to put a notification. By the time I refreshed, it got poofed.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Stocked up five from amazon last week late night and got my order today. $149.99 a piece. Code shows 40R2

Not sure if this is a new batch. It was available last Wednesday at 2am so I hit the buy orders immediately and was too tired to put a notification. By the time I refreshed, it got poofed.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

40R2 is certainly not a new batch. 40R2 is the end of 2012