10211 - Grand Emporium

rcdb1984

Shop at Home could be its own division. Divisions usually have their own sales targets. I wouldn't be surprised if those targets are broken down by category or theme. Someone is in the hook for these sales targets. So maybe, just maybe, that person is sandbagging so they hit future sales targets.

I guess I'm just trying to make sense of these weird fluctuations...

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Woah! I jumped the gun, methinks. I had a back-ordered 10188 Death Star ship today and just for giggles logged in to LEGO Shop at Home to check VIP points, shipping status, etc. When what to my wondering eyes should appear: a separate order no longer lists my GEs as "backordered"; they are now "In Process"...

Perhaps my orders will be filling in nicely in a tight little cluster.

...and back to "Backordered"...

I guess I will just look at it as my CC not being charged until it ships, but by that same token it means I will have less to gripe about if the order gets cancelled and never filled because I never *technically* bought them.

This story is getting boring. Back, gone, back, gone, back, poof...lego is messing everyone up here.

I hope they do this for two more years. This is a great way to make money. By 2016, you'll see 27R6 and this thread will hit 1000 pages. To generate more messages, lego can put a retired tag on, then suddenly say it's a mistake.

Nobody knows how many they have each time they show up.

• Like 2

If they released 10 a week for the next 100 weeks, that's another 1000 sold. 5 from BP buys two each round. The math for lego is simple, come to this site, survey the playing field, see people crying for more, if there are more than 500 people on this site, they can each take 2-4 each round. 10 goes poof each week, and now they indirectly made more money just on the GE.

Do the same with SSD and DS. Rotate and mix it up a bit. At the end of they day, we are screwed.

I'm always amazed at how people on messages boards, across the Internet, on a variety of subjects, believe that the very tiny, little, insignificant audience that participates in these things has even one drop of iota of a say in anything that any big company does.

I've sung this tune so many times my friend, but the audience, for the most part, have cleared the building

I don't think it's quite as drastic as people make it out to be but to say it has absolutely nothing to do with anything is not accurate IMO. The Internet and social media are pretty influential in today's society.

Social media is pretty powerful but I really doubt TLG is messing with resellers or making sporadic inventory available due -in part - to this thread

Social media is pretty powerful but I really doubt TLG is messing with resellers or making sporadic inventory available due -in part - to this thread

Definitely not the latter. Conspiracy stuff has been covered so many times, I honestly think they know about us, and maybe look at some of the content. That`s it, they aren`t switching inventory between monitors or anything like that. Crazy. 

I'm always amazed at how people on messages boards, across the Internet, on a variety of subjects, believe that the very tiny, little, insignificant audience that participates in these things has even one drop of iota of a say in anything that any big company does.

To be honest, I think Emazers has more LEGO sets than my entire Country...... granted its tiny but thats already 2 million people :P

• Like 2

If they released 10 a week for the next 100 weeks, that's another 1000 sold. 5 from BP buys two each round. The math for lego is simple, come to this site, survey the playing field, see people crying for more, if there are more than 500 people on this site, they can each take 2-4 each round. 10 goes poof each week, and now they indirectly made more money just on the GE.

Do the same with SSD and DS. Rotate and mix it up a bit. At the end of they day, we are screwed.

i would love if they do that during the double vip points and bring back SSD and 10188

Received my two GE's today.  Both 27R4.  The corner on one of the GE boxes is crumpled up.  Is this a big deal selling it later?

Not enough to send it back!  You will get a premium price for it if you patient.  Or I will buy it for what you paid and Ill pay for shipping to me. 

What is the best way to store these GE boxes? On the side and rotate them every couple months? Flat? I don't have enough room to store them flat.

Also, do you guys think the cardboard that they use for the box is kind of soft? When I handle the boxes they feel soft......or maybe it's because its the size if the box and the amount of contents inside......I don't know....do I sound crazy?

What is the best way to store these GE boxes? On the side and rotate them every couple months? Flat? I don't have enough room to store them flat.

Also, do you guys think the cardboard that they use for the box is kind of soft? When I handle the boxes they feel soft......or maybe it's because its the size if the box and the amount of contents inside......I don't know....do I sound crazy?

just make sure there is no bulge, meaning dont let all the legos sit at one place, before you store them ... if you have more than one then store them close to together. if you dont have more than one store them with like size boxes ... keeping them close together like books on a bookshelf will keep the boxes stronger and keep them from warping ... no need to rotate