71005 - Minifigures - The Simpsons: Series 1

TheDarkness

The Simpsons  

106 members have voted

1. 1. From a scale of one to ten, how well do you believe Lego captured the look of The Simpsons?

• 1 - Ugly
    • 2 - Horrible
    • 3 - Poorly
    • 4 - Not bad
    • 5 - Decent
    • 6 - Spot on
    • 7 - Well done
    • 8 - Superb
    • 9 - Excellent
    • 10 - Perfect

I just can't see lego doing a bar. Most parents don't want junior serving up drinks to Barney while Duffman dances with bikini babes on the pool table. 

i would also say this is a no go given that this is being marketed to children.

I would also not count on the church with the reverend being made any time soon.

The most obvious sets would be:

1) barts classroom - opening sequence with chalkboard.- 12.99 set

2) barts treehouse - 29.99 - would be a great add on for the house.

3) flanders "house" - or half of house facing the simpsons including picket fence - 12.99.

4) town center with statue of jebediah springfield and including the bully minifigs as an exclusive. 29.99

5) school bus featuring exclusive Otto minifig.

5)  quikimart - 59.99 - this is where they could include barney since he's been in the quikimart

6) comic book shop - 59.99

i could go on for a while.

If you watched The Lego Movie then you may have already seen the Milhouse minifigure but in case you have not either from all the action on the screen or just have not seen the film yet then here is a halfway decent close-up of the kid. Well that makes three we already know what will look like (in Lego form) when released now.

LEGO-Movie-Milhouse-Minifigure-LEGO-Simp

• 2 weeks later...

These will be huge money makers.  

There is a huge Simpsons fan base.  Like this is the closest thing to a Star Wars fan base - way bigger than Harry Potter.

The Simpsons is the longest running scripted show on TV.

The Flanders, Homer and Marge minifigure shown here have different clothes from thoe that came with the houe and all the characers eyes are different from those with the house.

Hence, the house minifigures being rarer will go up in value.

Krusty looks pretty bad - like Homer with a wig.

I am going to be dropping mad cash for these.

I'm actually surprised that Itchy and Scratchy made the cut given how incredibly violent they are.

But no Mo. Wouldnt' want to teach the kids about alcohol.

That's exactly how he looks on the show. I believe Homer dressed up as him once.
  • Like 1

I'm not personally a Simpsons fan, but that's pretty rare for my generation and probably the next 2 after me (DaYANG I am old). I think these will go crazy. If I get a chance I'll buy a case. Only way they go down in value is if LEGO releases a full Simpsons theme with many of the same figures (like they did with the Movie minifigs).

Gonna murder the value of the figs from 71006 though.

not necessarily - they are not the same figure .  small differences in eyes and painted on apron on Marge and Flanders and Homer has a painted out badge with the 71006 set.  There are enough crazy Simpsons collectors out there who will want both. 

• Like 1