71005 - Minifigures - The Simpsons: Series 1

TheDarkness

The Simpsons  

106 members have voted

1. 1. From a scale of one to ten, how well do you believe Lego captured the look of The Simpsons?

• 1 - Ugly
    • 2 - Horrible
    • 3 - Poorly
    • 4 - Not bad
    • 5 - Decent
    • 6 - Spot on
    • 7 - Well done
    • 8 - Superb
    • 9 - Excellent
    • 10 - Perfect

I'm curious to see what direction this goes in. If TLG were to sign a long-term contract with The Simpsons, different series based on themes would be pretty sweet. Imagine: Series 5, "TV/Movie personalities" Sideshow Bob! Bumblebee Man! Troy McClure! McBain! Springfield Elementary Series, Moe's Tavern patrons, the possibilities are endless. Or whatever, just keep them coming! TLG has proven they know what they're doing. I'm hoping this lasts long enough for the Captain/Fisherman or Snake personally.

• Like 1

I'm curious to see what direction this goes in. If TLG were to sign a long-term contract with The Simpsons, different series based on themes would be pretty sweet. Imagine: Series 5, "TV/Movie personalities" Sideshow Bob! Bumblebee Man! Troy McClure! McBain! Springfield Elementary Series, Moe's Tavern patrons, the possibilities are endless. Or whatever, just keep them coming! TLG has proven they know what they're doing. I'm hoping this lasts long enough for the Captain/Fisherman or Snake personally.

Love me some Snake!!! Too many good characters!!!!

Someone spotted a description for Series 2 minifigs on Argos site. Check it out:

Wait, it's Milhouse dressed up as Fallout Boy and not actually Fallout Boy? I guess that makes sense why there is no Radioactive Man but good grief. Well that narrows my personal selection down even further depending on the 'duds' the other characters have which could make use of in MOCs. So far with only names to go by all I want is Comic Book Guy and Bartman.

Hey, do you guys know if there is a proper way to store mini figures without accessories in the hands? Meaning, if the minifigures are holding accessories in their hands will it stretch out the hands in anyway or make them looser? I have a bunch of Simpson's mini figures in a box and I have the accessories in their hands and I wasn't sure if that was bad for the minifigures or not. I don't want to make the hands loose and in the future the minifigures won't be able to hold anything.

Well, I have, among others, an original Boba Fett from 2000 or so who's been holding his blaster for the last decade and a half.  He hasn't dropped it yet.  Ditto for a dozen other figures.  I can't say if they could hold new accessories after removing the old ones, since I haven't tried it.  But I think you're fine as long as the accessories are being properly gripped.  Something rounded like Nelson's baseball bat should be fine.  Oddly shaped accessories like the Biclops comic book might stretch out Milhouse's hand if gripped for a long time. 

• 5 months later...

Hello all! I have 60 unopened bags in a box laying around. I tried selling them as a box, but people are reluctant because they ask for a particular figure or a set. What is best from investments point of view? Keep unopened bags? Opened? Sets? Sell the (opened) box desperately? Any advice is welcome

• 3 weeks later...

Tough one. I don't think there is much difference between opening them and keeping them sealed over an entire box.

I think I would open them all and hope to make 3 or 4 complete sets. Maybe hold onto the complete sets for a bit and sell all the others singularly. Series 1 could mature nicely in time.

If I was an online buyer purchasing sealed packs from private sellers the cynic in me would think that I would only receive common figures as the rarer ones would be well groped up and kept for later on.

• TheOrcKing unfeatured this topic
  • 10 months later...

Today I bought from a private buyer 45 sealed new series 1 minifigures for 1,66€ each. Since it's almost 50% discount on a retired series I didn't think twice...
Did a quick search on eBay and confirmed its a good deal.
Going to see what what they'll be in the future.