71005 - Minifigures - The Simpsons: Series 1

TheDarkness

The Simpsons  

106 members have voted

1. 1. From a scale of one to ten, how well do you believe Lego captured the look of The Simpsons?

• 1 - Ugly
    • 2 - Horrible
    • 3 - Poorly
    • 4 - Not bad
    • 5 - Decent
    • 6 - Spot on
    • 7 - Well done
    • 8 - Superb
    • 9 - Excellent
    • 10 - Perfect

I am still bullish holding sealed double digit complete sets, sealed cases, and itchy/scratchy pairs eagerly awaiting for them to finally sell out.

until that happens, its anyone's guess what these will do and profits will be less than minimum wage given the time taken to identify the sealed ones.

i am hoping lego continues to produce the simpsons house set for at least another year since that will help stoke interest in the Simpson minifigure aftermarket.

Just when we thought we were done collecting Simpsons Minifigures...  

The Brick Fan is reporting that a EuroBricks member is reporting that David Thomson is reporting that the Simpsons minifigures will return for wave 2 in 2015. 

via The Brick Fan

Sweet!!  I love this series of minifigs and the theme in general.  I've been a big Simpsons fan since I was like, 8 years old.  They have waaaay too many characters to not do a wave 2.......or 3, 4, 5, 6, etc. 

Ok sounds good. Thank you. Wasn't sure if new figure make the old ones obsolete

Without any knowledge of the Series 2 lineup, I would guess that there would be new characters introduced as minifigures across the board.  The only way I see Series 1 dropping is if they reintroduced all or most of the same characters from Series 1.  I highly doubt TLG would do that - woudn't they just extend Series 1 in that case?

EDIT - I will be interested to see if there are any eBay or Amazon price spikes in Series 1 Simpsons with this rumor swirling...

• Like 1

I'm surprised they would make another series since new characters would all require new head molds, but if I had to guess which 16 would be in the next series, I'd go with:  Lenny, Carl, Smithers, Skinner, Kent Brockman, Patty, Selma, Comic Book Guy, Professor Frink, Dr. Hibbert, Otto, Martin Prince, Mayor Quimby, Cletus, Groundskeeper Willie. Left out Barney, Moe and Lovejoy because of the alcohol/religious references but they may be too prominent of characters to ignore.

I'm surprised they would make another series since new characters would all require new head molds, but if I had to guess which 16 would be in the next series, I'd go with:  Lenny, Carl, Smithers, Skinner, Kent Brockman, Patty, Selma, Comic Book Guy, Professor Frink, Dr. Hibbert, Otto, Martin Prince, Mayor Quimby, Cletus, Groundskeeper Willie. Left out Barney, Moe and Lovejoy because of the alcohol/religious references but they may be too prominent of characters to ignore.

Like I mentioned, I haven't watched the Simpsons in 20 years.  But at least half of those names I know, and was surprised that they didn't make in the first place.

We don't know exactly the costs associated with the license (perhaps they're making enough with the $3.99 price tag) that making new molds isn't an issue.

I'm also guessing that this is at least a two year license, so it makes sense to breath some additional life into it for 2015.

No Sideshow Bob you think?

No Sideshow Bob you think?

There's a strong likelihood of not seeing any characters that were voiced outside the main cast.  Reason being, they'll have to get that person's approval (Kelsey Grammer) and that's not a simple process.  Not saying he wouldn't agree b/c he did have a Playmates figure of him, but it's not an easy thing.

Don't forget Superintendent Chalmers!!!!

post-38633-0-18290000-1409165942.png

I'd love this to be true.  If so, can't imagine they'd redo any of the family (or Flanders), since you already get them in series 1 and the house.  I am a little concerned with how series 1 has performed on eBay to date.  I understand it's still in production, but you have folks selling complete sets of (as far as I can tell) non-counterfeit figures for $55 with free shipping.  I can't begin to understand how that's profitable for anyone to do, unless their simpsons cases "fell off a truck", but it makes me wonder if Lego didn't overshoot the mark a bit with $4 per figure pricing.  If they were to drop the next simpsons series to $3 per figure, I could imagine that undercutting series 1, at least a little.  If the pricing stays the same, it's undoubtedly a bonus for series 1 (and the house) since it makes it easier to set up a whole "town" full of simpsons places and characters.

Too bad. I always thought it was a 1 year license. This would mean that TLG can continue producing Simpsons houses too and that makes it lesser of an investment to me.. But in theory, this could also mean an expansion of the structure? Nuke plant, treehouse, krusty burger... meh.. it's all good news.