71005 - Minifigures - The Simpsons: Series 1

TheDarkness

The Simpsons  

106 members have voted

1. 1. From a scale of one to ten, how well do you believe Lego captured the look of The Simpsons?

• 1 - Ugly
    • 2 - Horrible
    • 3 - Poorly
    • 4 - Not bad
    • 5 - Decent
    • 6 - Spot on
    • 7 - Well done
    • 8 - Superb
    • 9 - Excellent
    • 10 - Perfect

Just in case I wasn't the only clueless one and couldn't figure out how to properly put on Marge's and Lisa's skirts, here's a nice tutorial I found:

Those skirts really are the trickiest and most awkward thing to put on. Plus they're a little uncomfortable and chaff. :blum: Thanks for the clip.
  • Like 1

Those skirts really are the trickiest and most awkward thing to put on. Plus they're a little uncomfortable and chaff. :blum: Thanks for the clip.

So I'm not the only one then. Good.

Those darn things had me baffled for a good minute.

Sent from an iPhone using the Brickpicker app

• Like 2

I've been seeing them everywhere as well. Did the lego movie figs last this long in shops?

Are there any signs or proof that this is a limited production run? I have seen that alot of shops around here are out of them.

i'll be concerned if we were in July and these figs were everywhere.   i don't see them at retail around Phila.

The Lego movie figs were around my area for a good 2-3 months before disappearing. Granted, we had a good 4-5 weeks of availability before the film opened.

i do think Lego made more of these minifigs since the Simpsons were pron considered more of a "sure shot" than The Movie minifigs.  No one really knew how well the film would do.  hence, more there might be more Simpsons figs producted than Movie ones.

They just finally started showing up at most retail stores that sell Lego near me.  2 weeks ago, the only place I saw them was at about 75% of the Walmarts around here.  

My area's strange about it though.  The Lego Movie figs and the previous series before that were only stocked at my Walmart for the last month they were available before retiring.  Could be a telltale sign for me to base retirement on if this trend continues.  

these haven't been around any of the 4 walmarts are 3 targets i frequent for the last  month now.  i have yet to see one at any walgreens.  at this point to get an unopened case on ebay with no tax and free shipping is $249 so I may pick up a couple more unopened cases but still would like to smoosh out  few rare ones to increase the number of complete sets - may have  to visit the lego store for that.

For people buying a sealed case of the simpsons minifigs, what's the better strategy in terms of selling in the future? do you open the case and sell sets of 16 figures or keep and sell the entire case of 60?

I would keep it sealed and see what the demands are like in the future...

BTW I picked 1 up at 199 on Ebay...

Sent from my SM-N900T using Brickpicker mobile app

I'm still seeing these in most Targets and Walmarts in my area. A few weeks ago my closest Target ran out of Simpsons figures and replaced them with a box of Series 9. I scooped them up as quick as I could but needed 4 more figures for a set when they ran out. I went back the following week and they'd put out another box of Series 9, so I got my complete set.

I built a display for the Simpsons figures, but I'd really like to figure out a way to get a transparent shield to protect them from dust.

10268594_10203890119317964_6550872482621

• Like 1

I started with some packs from Legoland and then I had to complete my collection by buying the rest at Toys R' Us.  I haven't seen these at any of the Targets in my area.  I love these minifigures.  I bought a bunch of unopened packs to sell when they go eol.  Does anyone else think these will do well eol?

You can just buy a case at TRU? Did they have to get it from the back or something? At my store they usually only have a case opened in the front and that's it. Very cool!

Yes. My local TRU got 10 cases so I was lucky to get there when they came in. All gone now.

Bought another sealed case at a different TRU. Time to store in the storage unit for a few years

• 1 month later...