71005 - Minifigures - The Simpsons: Series 1

TheDarkness

The Simpsons  

106 members have voted

1. 1. From a scale of one to ten, how well do you believe Lego captured the look of The Simpsons?

• 1 - Ugly
    • 2 - Horrible
    • 3 - Poorly
    • 4 - Not bad
    • 5 - Decent
    • 6 - Spot on
    • 7 - Well done
    • 8 - Superb
    • 9 - Excellent
    • 10 - Perfect

Too bad. I always thought it was a 1 year license. This would mean that TLG can continue producing Simpsons houses too and that makes it lesser of an investment to me.. But in theory, this could also mean an expansion of the structure? Nuke plant, treehouse, krusty burger... meh.. it's all good news.

I'm not worried about the $200 never-discounted exclusive Simpsons houses.  That's a pricey way to get the figures.  And the LEGO Movie CMF series seems to do fine, even when you can get the main characters (especially Emmet and Wyldstyle) in lots of other inexpensive sets (Emmet and Wyldstyle can be had, along with another minifig, in a $12.99 MSRP set that of course includes ~100 pieces too).  I would be more concerned about smaller, non-exclusive Simpsons sets that reproduced the minifigs from the CMF series.

I still wonder about the folks selling the full set of 16 for $55 with free shipping.  Once they pay eBay/PayPal fees and 1st class postage, they're down to around $46.  That's about $2.88 per figure, so for them to have any profit at all they had to buy them for less than that.  I have never, ever seen these for under $3 (barring the obvious coupons/gift cards/whatever, and if you have those, there are less time-intensive ways to use them than assembling these sets by hand).  Maybe they're just bad at math, but...

Just when we thought we were done collecting Simpsons Minifigures...  

The Brick Fan is reporting that a EuroBricks member is reporting that David Thomson is reporting that the Simpsons minifigures will return for wave 2 in 2015. 

via The Brick Fan

Well I guess if Lego will continue selling the house for another year then why not make another series? At least my wallet is grateful for yet another series I plan to not purchase. These Minifigures may be small but collecting them is more costly than buying a full sized set with actual bricks and stuff.

Well I guess if Lego will continue selling the house for another year then why not make another series? At least my wallet is grateful for yet another series I plan to not purchase. These Minifigures may be small but collecting them is more costly than buying a full sized set with actual bricks and stuff.

Disappointing for me s an investor, but fans will be happy. 

Just wait. Some lego outlets have as much as 80 cases in the stockroom and they are not selling. Same with simpsons house. I used to buy all the box damage ones with the bonus pts and promos and there never ending. If there not selling at that price which amounts to about 155 after the extra points and poly I think there definitely heading down before up. Not saying they wont long term but something that you should see a better price on later on

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just wait. Some lego outlets have as much as 80 cases in the stockroom and they are not selling. Same with simpsons house. I used to buy all the box damage ones with the bonus pts and promos and there never ending. If there not selling at that price which amounts to about 155 after the extra points and poly I think there definitely heading down before up. Not saying they wont long term but something that you should see a better price on later on

where are these outlets? i would like to grab few boxes.

so far the cheapest one seems to be around $248

• 2 weeks later...