71005 - Minifigures - The Simpsons: Series 1

TheDarkness

The Simpsons  

106 members have voted

1. 1. From a scale of one to ten, how well do you believe Lego captured the look of The Simpsons?

• 1 - Ugly
    • 2 - Horrible
    • 3 - Poorly
    • 4 - Not bad
    • 5 - Decent
    • 6 - Spot on
    • 7 - Well done
    • 8 - Superb
    • 9 - Excellent
    • 10 - Perfect

Then I will pass. Not interested if there is not even a chance I will double my money.

On the minifig trading scene, from my experience they haven't been too popular.  I think it might have something to do with once you get 1 complete set, there is really no reason to get more.  No army builders.  Most simpsons fans just get 1 complete set and be done with it.

On the minifig trading scene, from my experience they haven't been too popular.  I think it might have something to do with once you get 1 complete set, there is really no reason to get more.  No army builders.  Most simpsons fans just get 1 complete set and be done with it.

That's what I am going to do. Get a complete set for personal use, but I just don't see any investment potential.

• 2 weeks later...

The local walmart still has a case of these at 3.97 each.  Anybody have any idea if they will clearance them?  I only have a Mr. Burns for personal reasons.  Should I go buy the rest of the case?  I like the Simpsons, but I'm not sure these are going to be worth much long term.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The other problem with these sets, the parts aren't that interchangeable with other figs to add to MOCS.

It really is a niche market I feel.

True. I picked up only a few of the minifigures that gave me the most possibilities such as Burns, Nelson, Maggie, Lisa, Marge, and Homer. I did get a Scratchy simply for missing out on the Lumberjack's axe from an earlier series plus a couple Apu for his Squisee drink and possibly tan legs for something. I almost went with a Bart but not after seeing how the slingshot print covers the lower back half of his shirt and continues down the shorts. It's a good detail for the character however not so much for anything else. On another note, it can be a little creepy seeing all those detached heads floating about in a sorting drawer while the torsos elsewhere being headless for the moment.

I need some advice. I have 20 unopened bags. I notice that people want to know what they will get. Do I - open them and know,

- try to feel and sell individually,

- sell anonymous for fixed price per bag?

Feel them out and try and get a complete set. Simpsons are easy to "smoosh" and verify by shining a flashlight through the package under the flap where there is no lettering.
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

How high do you guys think these will get? I'm debating selling mine now. I was able to snag a few cases at only .98 cents each so my margins are looking good right now, but I don't want to leave money on the table.

Also, smooshing to verify is easy, but has anyone ever had problems with buyers claiming they didn't get the right figure or snad cases with these? I feel like the slight loss of value with opening to verify trumps the risk taken selling them sealed.