71005 - Minifigures - The Simpsons: Series 1

TheDarkness

The Simpsons  

106 members have voted

1. 1. From a scale of one to ten, how well do you believe Lego captured the look of The Simpsons?

• 1 - Ugly
    • 2 - Horrible
    • 3 - Poorly
    • 4 - Not bad
    • 5 - Decent
    • 6 - Spot on
    • 7 - Well done
    • 8 - Superb
    • 9 - Excellent
    • 10 - Perfect

Hey all! I'm looking for some advice. I just picked all 16 using feel method. I'm thinking of bundling with a MISB Simpsons house. Sell or keep? How would you price? Or hold for a few years? I'd hate for the market to flood and miss a hot moment (if it even is hot). Thanks!post-11849-13975250857341_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

• Like 1

The Simpsons Movie came out  20 years after the TV show debuted and generated more than half a billion at the box office which is more than the lego movie has done.  That would be like if a Seinfeld movie came out today and grossed more than the LEGO MOVIE.  There is a HUGE Simpsons fanbase which I will profit from greatly in the coming months :)

You can also add, Universal saw fit to replace Back to the Future and Jaws rides with............ding ding ding  The Simpsons(2008), and Harry Potter(2010) themes.

My local walmart had a flyer up saying that the LEGO movie minifigures in their weekly flyer were sold out so they would be offering the simpsons figures for the same price (2.97).

Checked with the manager and he tracked them down for me using the UPC code (thank you legovettedad for posting that number). I had a big smile when he brought that case out of the back. Asked me how many I wanted and his eyes got all big when I said 'all of them.'

So got a whole case at 2.97 a fig +6% tax. Got some work to do when I get home from work :).

anyone know whats the most valuable figure in the simpsons set? or the most rarest?

check one page back - lego hoarder has listed the breakdown.

The rarest simpson figures will be the ones that came with the house that are slightly different than the ones that come in separate packs.

That and the homer with the inappropriate golden member like star wars card green series 207.

• Like 1

So I stopped in a WM tonight and saw a sealed shipping box of The Simpsons minifigures that was labeled "Do Not Put on Shelf Till May 1".  Wanted to unpack it myself, take it to the counter and try to purchase but didn't think it would be in the system so just left them (That and my sense of morality kicked in. Ok, to tell the truth it was all the cameras WM has.). Should I go back and try to purchase them. Worst the can say is "No", right? But, why have them out in the first place if the aren't to be sold for another 2 weeks?

From the reports we've heard so far, yes. My Walmarts aren't much better either; rarely do they carry these let alone polybags and if they do, it's for a very brief time. Mine usually sticks them somewhere hidden in the clearance aisle instead of the actual Lego section.

I was at Toys R Us yesterday and they had a box (nearly emptied) at the front customer service counter.  There was only maybe 5 packages left.  I didn't pick up any as these aren't really something for my kids - but thought I'd pass on the info.  Check TRU too.  ;)

Some of these individual sealed packs are doing nicely on Ebay. I have seen them out. But I am not a "feeler". Which ones are going to be the big winner figs?  Or will all unopened packs do well in the future?

the bump codes are easy to figure out.

the distribution of figures is posted on the last page.

the partially empty case of 46 i picked up at walmart had ZERO marges which is supposed to be among the most common.

I'm guessing feelers liked that big bump of blue hair.

It also was missing Nelson and Ralph Wiggum, but it also had multiple burns, grandpa and milhouses which are among the rare ones.

i haven't seen a bump code diagram released yet.  when i get the missing ones i'll post it.

i'm going out hunting for more in the next day.  

the itchy and scratchy minifigures are my favorite - especially the Itchy.  will allow you to put a grey tail on any lego minifigure.

also the minifigs from the packs seem a tad bit "cheaper" to me than the ones from the house - just my impression though I prefer the eyes on the packet minifigures over the ones that came with the house.

i wonder how many of these they will let you buy on May 1 at an actual lego store...  

It would be interesting if stores released these early and they were sold out everywhere before the actual release date.

Lego is already selling these in their parks. So their stock is going down already. 

Grape vine says this will be a "very limited production run".

I must have missed it - when is the release date?  :)

I must have missed it - when is the release date?   :)

the release date is May 1.

This Sunday, FOX will start airing the commercials leading up to the Simpsons LEGO episode on May 4th.

This will be many Simpson's fans first awareness of the lego series.

So the general public which including the hoards of NON-AFOL simpson loving folk are going to be grabbing these and/or looking for them starting Sunday evening.

I'm looking to combo up a couple of complete sealed minifig sets tied to a couple of Simpsons houses for some flippin' in the up coming 2 weeks.

• Like 1

I found these at my local meijer yesterday. Meijer just throws them in a bin so I just grabbed 69 of them. I assume there were two boxes worth. The figs were still just $3.  Also picked up a couple of the movie micromanager polybags.  I usually buy a couple figs at a time but just figured instead of spreading out my fig purchase over a month, just ****** them all up now.

the release date is May 1.

This Sunday, FOX will start airing the commercials leading up to the Simpsons LEGO episode on May 4th.

This will be many Simpson's fans first awareness of the lego series.

So the general public which including the hoards of NON-AFOL simpson loving folk are going to be grabbing these and/or looking for them starting Sunday evening.

I'm looking to combo up a couple of complete sealed minifig sets tied to a couple of Simpsons houses for some flippin' in the up coming 2 weeks.

good strategy! You just made me rethink mine. I had a full set on eBay for 100 and pulled it down.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

There are a bunch of completed Ebay auctions for various Simpsons minifigs for $5-6 each, most offering free shipping.  I'm curious how they are expecting to make any money (or maybe they aren't?) after the $3.99 retail price per pack + Ebay and PayPal fees, and $1.93 shipping?  Maybe they bought a bunch and are dumping the ones they don't want?  Any thoughts?

There are a bunch of completed Ebay auctions for various Simpsons minifigs for $5-6 each, most offering free shipping. I'm curious how they are expecting to make any money (or maybe they aren't?) after the $3.99 retail price per pack + Ebay and PayPal fees, and $1.93 shipping? Maybe they bought a bunch and are dumping the ones they don't want? Any thoughts?

Maybe they already are in profit margins. Of my sealed case I have sold 3 complete sets and an itchy and scratchy combo. I am sitting at over one hundred in profit over the cost of the sealed case. I have ten figures left and can sell them for that price and just add to my profit margin.

Well this sucks. Been to stores all around the area and still haven't seen any for sale. Hope I don't miss it some how and they sell out before the release date.

Mine were not put out yet.  I simply asked a worker and gave them the UPC code posted.  A few minutes later he came out of the back room with a minty fresh case.

BLUF: a little persistence and effort can go a long way.