71005 - Minifigures - The Simpsons: Series 1

TheDarkness

The Simpsons  

106 members have voted

1. 1. From a scale of one to ten, how well do you believe Lego captured the look of The Simpsons?

• 1 - Ugly
    • 2 - Horrible
    • 3 - Poorly
    • 4 - Not bad
    • 5 - Decent
    • 6 - Spot on
    • 7 - Well done
    • 8 - Superb
    • 9 - Excellent
    • 10 - Perfect

I think the initial demand will be huge and potential for solid returns on flipping full sets but long term I don't know. They look great but they don't really look like Lego minifigs because of the heads. I don't know if hard core Lego fans will want these down the road. If you can get a case early and flip full sets I think you can make nice money.

These are gonna look great displayed with the house.

From an investment viewpoint I think I'll pass.  There may be some short term opportunities if there is a huge initial demand, maybe selling to other countries or finding the rarer distributed ones from the box.  Longer term I think any fan or potential collector will grab these at retail.  There won't be many people in 3-5 years discovering the line and wanting to go back and collect them, and even if there are a few that demand could be well sated by previous collectors selling off theirs. 

The Simpsons Movie came out  20 years after the TV show debuted and generated more than half a billion at the box office which is more than the lego movie has done.  That would be like if a Seinfeld movie came out today and grossed more than the LEGO MOVIE.  There is a HUGE Simpsons fanbase which I will profit from greatly in the coming months :)

I'll be buying a few cases of these.

Just to get this off my chest: It annoys me that everyone is obsessed with the idea that TLG is entirely avoiding anything with alcohol. They're making a cantina set from SW. The haunted house comes with mini bottles. Moe and Barney are simply not in TLG's eye that popular.

Just to get this off my chest: It annoys me that everyone is obsessed with the idea that TLG is entirely avoiding anything with alcohol. They're making a cantina set from SW. The haunted house comes with mini bottles. Moe and Barney are simply not in TLG's eye that popular.

I totally disagree. Moe and Barney belong to the Simpsons.

If Lego would make a muppets theme, what would the muppets be without the two oldies on the balcony???

Cantina case - I don't think there is direct implication that whatever they drinking in cantina is alcohol. It does not say "beer" on bottle

Haunted House - who knows what is supposed to be there..

There (as close to possible official restirictions as it could be) :  http://lego.cuusoo.com/guidelines

1. Keep it appropriate. Projects related to the below topics do not fit our brand values and will not be approved for publication on LEGO CUUSOO. We will decide how a project fits these standards at our discretion.
    • Politics and political symbols
    • Religious references including symbols, buildings, or people
    • Sex, drugs, or smoking
    • Alcohol in any present day situation
    • Swearing
    • Death, killing, blood, terrorism, or torture
    • First-person shooter video games
    • Warfare or war vehicles in any modern or present-day situation
    • Racism, bullying, or cruelty to real life animals

• Like 1

There (as close to possible official restirictions as it could be) :  http://lego.cuusoo.com/guidelines

1. Keep it appropriate. Projects related to the below topics do not fit our brand values and will not be approved for publication on LEGO CUUSOO. We will decide how a project fits these standards at our discretion.
    • Sex, drugs, or smoking
    • Swearing

But yeah, Itchy and Scratchy are borderline :-)

• Sex, drugs, or smoking
    • Swearing

I'm glad they did but don't see how itchy and scratchy made the cut since there is always blood, torture though no one actually dies.

Sometimes there are rocket and military vehicles too.

Also cruelty to animals would seem to be in jeopardy (unless animal upon animal violence gets an exemption...)

I'm glad they did but don't see how itchy and scratchy made the cut since there is always blood, torture though no one actually dies.

Sometimes there are rocket and military vehicles too.

Also cruelty to animals would seem to be in jeopardy (unless animal upon animal violence gets an exemption...)

I am getting a feeling that Itchy and Scratchy are going to be really valuable, I might have to load up on those. From the other hand, monster fighter is a reference to violence and torture, but not as specific as Itchy and Scratchy...

LEGO's between a rock and a hard place. Their target audience (children) are by nature violent and bloodthirsty. Ask any mamby-pamby parent who has tried unsuccessfully to get her young son not to make "guns" out of sticks and sandwiches.  :sweat:  And it's not just boys - girls enjoy a good rock-throwing fight as much as any boy does, and as for psychological warfare, well, nobody holds a candle to us double-X-Chromosome types.

So, they provide their target audience with what they want and pretend they're taking a moral high road because they don't do modern-day weapons. And Simpsons, a pretty adult-themed cartoon, adds another layer.

They're trying to have it both ways and, like any hypocrite, having a hard time justifying themselves to either side of the fence they're straddling.

• Like 1

LEGO's between a rock and a hard place. Their target audience (children) are by nature violent and bloodthirsty. Ask any mamby-pamby parent who has tried unsuccessfully to get her young son not to make "guns" out of sticks and sandwiches.  :sweat:  And it's not just boys - girls enjoy a good rock-throwing fight as much as any boy does, and as for psychological warfare, well, nobody holds a candle to us double-X-Chromosome types.

So, they provide their target audience with what they want and pretend they're taking a moral high road because they don't do modern-day weapons. And Simpsons, a pretty adult-themed cartoon, adds another layer.

They're trying to have it both ways and, like any hypocrite, having a hard time justifying themselves to either side of the fence they're straddling.

yep, greedy bastards... no wonder they survived only once they took "licensed sets" road. Star Wars, LOTR... all violence and killing...

• Sex, drugs, or smoking
    • Swearing

What about all the "Magical" Mushrooms they put in various sets? Double standard.......................................................... ;)

No bullying? 

SimpsonsNelsonMuntzHaHa.gif

• Like 2

I'm actually surprised that Itchy and Scratchy made the cut given how incredibly violent they are.

Me too, especially the fact he comes with a freakin' axe for crying out loud. Haha.

Gonna murder the value of the figs from 71006 though.

Maybe a little for Lisa, Bart, and Maggie, but not really. The heads have different expressions and the bodies feature alternate printing.

Whitefang from Eurobricks just released his review. Glad the distribution is back to 3-4-5!!!!  :D

Huh, so I guess Lego gave up on the smaller size 30 count boxes then. I only saw them once with Series 9 and I don't see what the point was. I mean, why buy a couple smaller boxes instead of a single larger one? Most places use those huge endcap displays or one of the standard 60 count boxes anyway so again, I don't get why Lego tried going with a smaller size anyway.

I remember an episode where Homer was on weed the whole time.  Hardly in line with their "values" I imagine.

We picked up a box at the local Wal-Mart last night, we've figured out the bump codes, and we have 2 extra sets to sell in the sealed bags.  Our 4 year old who has never seen an episode of the simpsons loves them!  Do you guys think I should be trying to get the extras on eBay ASAP, or just hold onto them?

We picked up a box at the local Wal-Mart last night, we've figured out the bump codes, and we have 2 extra sets to sell in the sealed bags.  Our 4 year old who has never seen an episode of the simpsons loves them!  Do you guys think I should be trying to get the extras on eBay ASAP, or just hold onto them?

Considering that they are not available yet, I would put most of them on eBay ASAP, and keep some just in case they sell out quickly.