71005 - Minifigures - The Simpsons: Series 1

TheDarkness

The Simpsons  

106 members have voted

1. 1. From a scale of one to ten, how well do you believe Lego captured the look of The Simpsons?

• 1 - Ugly
    • 2 - Horrible
    • 3 - Poorly
    • 4 - Not bad
    • 5 - Decent
    • 6 - Spot on
    • 7 - Well done
    • 8 - Superb
    • 9 - Excellent
    • 10 - Perfect

Regarding mini-figures in general....how much value is lost once they are open ?  I know there are sales that say it is a certain item when sealed ( feel the package ) but I'm cautious not only as a buyer, but as a seller if I'm wrong

Unless it a really rare minifigure from series 1, 2, or 3, than you will not lose much if any value by opening the packaging.

• 3 weeks later...

This image from the New York Toyfair confirms the $3.99 pricetag for The Simpsons series. Good grief, I don't care how many new molds for all those heads Lego created. This is just ridiculous. Any fan of the TV series will have to shell out at least $63.84 for a complete set of sixteen and that is assuming one can get them all perfectly in a single go without mistakes.

Toy-Fair-2014-LEGO-Simpsons-005.jpg

$3.99 (US I assume) would mean Canadians would be looking at a price as high as $4.99, possibly $4.49. Well, clearly Lego knows the popularity of the CMF series`, and they anticipate a high demand for Simpsons stuff, so makes sense why they think they could up the price. Of course the molds would have a lot to do with it, but ya, $65 seems pretty high. It`s a 33% increase after all, that`s enough to raise an eyebrow to. 

$3.99 (US I assume) would mean Canadians would be looking at a price as high as $4.99, possibly $4.49. Well, clearly Lego knows the popularity of the CMF series`, and they anticipate a high demand for Simpsons stuff, so makes sense why they think they could up the price. Of course the molds would have a lot to do with it, but ya, $65 seems pretty high. It`s a 33% increase after all, that`s enough to raise an eyebrow to.

I believe the SRP of $3.99 is for the US which means an even bigger increase for you guys in the great white north or the land down under. :( I know some people may say "It's just one more dollar. So what?" Well, by itself it isn't much but collectively it builds up in a hurry. I'm sure popularity has more to due with the retail than anything. I mean, lots of new characters in each Minifigure series has new parts; some of which are unique to that one and never used again such as Gingerbread Man, Classic Alien, or the Mech twins (Battle Mech and Evil Mech with their special helmet and armor). To top it all off, these still are blind mystery packets. I feel bad for the kid with a limited allowance ending up with a bunch of Barts.

Then what about series 12 being $4 too?

I guess once they knew they had to make the jump for the license they figured it would be a good time to raise the prices. They've been at 2.99 for a long time so either way it's probably not going to slow them down. Series 1 and 2 were only 1.99 and the 50% jump didn't cause any problems. Some will complain but if they want to continue collecting them they will pay regardless, and TLG knows this.

I am still hoping we wont see characters that were already in the Simpson's house set

One of the employees at my LEGO store was bummed because he said there are no other variations of the characters from the set, meaning they are exclusive to it for now. I haven't followed the Simpsons thing much and obviously the reliability of LEGO store employees isn't great, but he was telling me from a fan standpoint. I didn't even prompt him for the info, just asked how popular the house has been and he got very excited talking about the build and the minifigs.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

One of the employees at my LEGO store was bummed because he said there are no other variations of the characters from the set, meaning they are exclusive to it for now. I haven't followed the Simpsons thing much and obviously the reliability of LEGO store employees isn't great, but he was telling me from a fan standpoint. I didn't even prompt him for the info, just asked how popular the house has been and he got very excited talking about the build and the minifigs.

I don't see lego leaving homer, maggie, lisa and bart out of the CMF series.

This Simpsons series will be the king of CMF series - both for collectors and investors. The only problem will be collecting complete 16 set of figs - If TLG use the same concept as in the previous CMF series, then in 1 box will be some characters 6x, some 4x, and some just 2x, so buying 1 box dosnt solve anything. Then you must go to the shops and find the rest of figs to complete the 16 set.

You mean the cmf are going to have the same figures as the house? That seems pretty stupid.  You would think they could at least give Homer another shirt.  This will kill the value of the figs for the house.  I assume some here probably had some success selling just the figs.

I guess once they knew they had to make the jump for the license they figured it would be a good time to raise the prices. They've been at 2.99 for a long time so either way it's probably not going to slow them down. Series 1 and 2 were only 1.99 and the 50% jump didn't cause any problems. Some will complain but if they want to continue collecting them they will pay regardless, and TLG knows this.

Does this confirm regular non-licensed Minfigures will suddenly be $3.99 or is it only confined to The Simpsons series? I understand raising the price just for the intellectual property but there isn't much to justify it staying afterwards with the typical offerings.