71005 - Minifigures - The Simpsons: Series 1

TheDarkness

The Simpsons  

106 members have voted

1. 1. From a scale of one to ten, how well do you believe Lego captured the look of The Simpsons?

• 1 - Ugly
    • 2 - Horrible
    • 3 - Poorly
    • 4 - Not bad
    • 5 - Decent
    • 6 - Spot on
    • 7 - Well done
    • 8 - Superb
    • 9 - Excellent
    • 10 - Perfect

I posted this in another thread, but It looks like the higher price isn't just for The Simpsons minifigures. Here is a picture from the NY Toy Fair regarding CMF Series 12 coming out in October.

Not good news but thank you for confirming that all the same. Let's see, the packs are still 'blind', completely manufactured in China, and continue to offer the same single minfigure with perchance a couple of accessories. So essentially nothing has changed yet we are forced to pay more for the same exact thing as before again. I hate saying it but damn Lego, you really are getting greedy. Why do I see this as an even bigger invite to torn open packets laying around in the aisles or worse with being outright stolen?

Well, if they retail more here then they will most certainly cost more for you aussies. Shoot, poor Grolim in New Zealand; how much will he get stuck paying for these? :( Oy vey....

We have been paying $4.99 here for regular series CMFs (approx $4 US).  I can see these being $5.99 perhaps $6.49.  Doesn't matter as I'll still buy them :D  which I guess is what TLG is banking on.

Not good news but thank you for confirming that all the same. Let's see, the packs are still 'blind', completely manufactured in China, and continue to offer the same single minfigure with perchance a couple of accessories. So essentially nothing has changed yet we are forced to pay more for the same exact thing as before again. I hate saying it but damn Lego, you really are getting greedy. Why do I see this as an even bigger invite to torn open packets laying around in the aisles or worse with being outright stolen?

While nobody wants to pay a higher price, it is entirely expected since they are licensed characters. None of the other CMF sets are licensed. These figs will probably be way more valuable than any of the other sets. I mean how many decades have the Simpsons been around? If a show has been around for this long there have to be a ton of fans. The CMF have a somewhat predictable and short shelf lifetime. These will probably be hard to find in stores too which will up their scarcity.

• 2 weeks later...

Since the Collectable Minifigures series will have 'normal' versions of Homer and Ned Flanders, does anyone else feel like those two should have been included with The Simpsons House set instead of the ones that were? The house featured classic Bart, Lisa, and Maggie, so to me the inclusion of "Homer at work" and "chef Flanders" instead of their regular attire seemed odd especially considering there was going to be this Minifigures series for them. On that note, what alternate versions can be done for Bart, Lisa, or Maggie? I don't remember Maggie wearing anything else aside from her baby blue clothing.

Since the Collectable Minifigures series will have 'normal' versions of Homer and Ned Flanders, does anyone else feel like those two should have been included with The Simpsons House set instead of the ones that were? The house featured classic Bart, Lisa, and Maggie, so to me the inclusion of "Homer at work" and "chef Flanders" instead of their regular attire seemed odd especially considering there was going to be this Minifigures series for them. On that note, what alternate versions can be done for Bart, Lisa, or Maggie? I don't remember Maggie wearing anything else aside from her baby blue clothing.

Different accessories or positions maybe? Lisa with Saxophone or with something else? . Maggie crawling vs. sitting up. 

Different accessories or positions maybe? Lisa with Saxophone or with something else? . Maggie crawling vs. sitting up.

You could be right. There's another thing; why didn't Lisa have her signature saxophone in the set? They already molded the instrument perfectly for Series 11's Jazz Musician.

these will be gone so fast it will boggle the mind.  there will be a series of posts by people who saw them, didn't buy them, thought about it went back and never could get their hands on one ever again at anything less than 5x msrp except for the milhouse figure which will be the stinker super common minifig.

• Like 1

I've never really invested in CMF, but I think I might have a go given that it is the Simpsons. So, where would I be able to purchase an entire box?

walgreens.  i am going to hit every walgreens.  i also might try and bribe the walmart toy manager to get a few boxes before the sell date.

• Homer Simpson
  • Marge Simpson
  • Bart Simpson
  • Lisa Simpson
  • Maggie Simpson
  • Grampa Simpson
  • Ned Flanders
  • Ralph Wiggum
  • Nelson Muntz
  • Apu Nahasapeemapetilon
  • Chief Wiggum
  • Krusty the Clown
  • Itchy
  • Scratchy
  • Mr. Burns
  • Milhouse

Meh.

Re-releasing the entire Simpsons family AND Itchy and Scratchy doesn't exactly give much variety or depth in regards to characters for the average Simpsons fan.  

Meh.

Re-releasing the entire Simpsons family AND Itchy and Scratchy doesn't exactly give much variety or depth in regards to characters for the average Simpsons fan.  

I think you gotta have them in there for people that don't want the whole house. Plenty of minifig only collectors. 

I do agree that it's a weak lineup. We could see another wave, who knows.

Hopefully there will be Moe's Tavern, Barney's Bowlarama and other sets coming that will include those figs.

I just can't see lego doing a bar. Most parents don't want junior serving up drinks to Barney while Duffman dances with bikini babes on the pool table.