What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 1 year later...

Sold another VW Camper Van for €100 ($118). In person so no fees which I guess is good. Put an Ecto-1 21108 up for sale on an adverts site, it's amazing how many watchers so soon for that set. Only bought 3 back in the day and this is the last one. I'm guessing in Ireland these smaller less expensive sets are easier to move. 

On 8/10/2021 at 12:46 AM, cladner said:

75060 UCS Slave I - $700 - FBM amazon - had 1 of these for sale for months at this price -  price has gone up $70  in the last week.  price is up to $729 now.   mouse-induced name change awareness taking root now in the seller and buyer population.  

I own only 1 of these, wish it was more. Probably keeping for my own collection but will probably never build . . .

25 minutes ago, maestro said:

Pet Shop for $282 before eBay fees. Not sure if that's good or not 🙂

I have 1 Pet Shop of 2 left. Now whether to build or sell . . .

my rule of thumb is to hold on to your last modulars for future personal build (unless can replace w/ used)...I think in every LEGO fan's bucket list is their own LEGO city...modular's appreciation curve is steep...will be rough if you ever change your mind about "finally" building that city one day

• Like 1

.....or, once you built that city and realize how much it’s worth now....you’ll kick yourself for opening and not reselling. To each their own...or something like that. 

7 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

my rule of thumb is to hold on to your last modulars for future personal build (unless can replace w/ used)...I think in every LEGO fan's bucket list is their own LEGO city...modular's appreciation curve is steep...will be rough if you ever change your mind about "finally" building that city one day

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

The city would be amazing. I also bought new one of Parisian Restaurant,  Detectives Office & Palace Cinema. Quite a bit away I think. Nice dream though

2 minutes ago, Lordoflego said:

.....or, once you built that city and realize how much it’s worth now....you’ll kick yourself for opening and not reselling. To each their own...or something like that. 

A valid angle. There are many sets I only bought one of and I don't know whether to sell or keep. And if I keep I won't build because they're worth too much now . . . 

1 hour ago, Lordoflego said:

classic dilemma: enjoy building your LEGO city during your retirement...or sell your LEGO city and retire (hopefully early)

I guess it just depends on your "day job"

• Like 2

You need to build your sets before they retire. Otherwise you feel like it’s costing you the new box price just to build it. I bought ninjago docks last January for $325  now it’s nearly $800 and it’s hard to build. I’ve built the other 2 ninjago city sets so I want to add it to my collection. Luckily, I have 2 of the city docks (I found one hiding in my basement after I paid up fir the one in Jan). So maybe someday I’ll justify the build. But yeah, build before a set retires otherwise it’s too hard to crack the seals. 

• Like 3

On 9/24/2021 at 8:05 AM, $20 on joe vs dan said:

On 9/24/2021 at 6:58 AM, marcandre said:

Technic Mack Anthem 449.99 FBM, Buy in 129.99

Don't sleep on Technic 

THAT is a great set...after I sold my NISB for $350 + ship(ebay); I almost immediately bought a used one to assure having it in my collection.  Hoping the Car Transport will do just as well

Such a great set. One of my favourites too. Just parted with my personal used one today after a customer desperately wanted it - everything has a price lol. 

One of those sets I wish I'd brought 3x as many of but hey, live and learn ;) 

8 hours ago, Gonkalin said:

You need to build your sets before they retire. Otherwise you feel like it’s costing you the new box price just to build it. I bought ninjago docks last January for $325  now it’s nearly $800 and it’s hard to build. I’ve built the other 2 ninjago city sets so I want to add it to my collection. Luckily, I have 2 of the city docks (I found one hiding in my basement after I paid up fir the one in Jan). So maybe someday I’ll justify the build. But yeah, build before a set retires otherwise it’s too hard to crack the seals. 

So true. Not sure I can break the seals on all 3 now, not to mention a dozen other would-be keepers. 😥

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gonkalin said:

Yes really good advice