What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, MarleyMoose said:

Ebay 21007 Architecture Rockefeller Center $185.00+shipping. Sold with in a hour of listing.

I found a box with 4 of them while going through older inventory yesterday. I found some Trevis, Louvres, Whitehouses and Flatirons as well. 

I'd be interested in A Trevi Fountain and Louvre (Nice to have sets from places I have visited...even from the European Trip from Hell...but that's another story)

PM me if you're looking to sell

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan

5 minutes ago, Voltron said:

Great sets to find, I'm still trying to locate a box full of wave 1 speed champions and Ideas maze that are lost in my house somewhere (or wife has chucked them in the bin...)

Wave 1 Speed Champions are gold.  Sold mine last year.  Each one is $70-$90 now on eBay

On 7/21/2021 at 4:04 PM, Darth_Raichu said:

Wave 1 Speed Champions are gold.  Sold mine last year.  Each one is $70-$90 now on eBay

Agreed, perfect size boxes too! I  missed out on the75878 Bugatti for my collection but refuse to pay the $100+.  I checked BL and its also $40+ to buy the parts.  

Sold my 10123 Cloud City for £2K. Bought 2 years ago for £1K. Shame to let it go , but wanted to free up some cash flow for future purchases.Had to make a wooden shipping case for it though as no-one could make an acrylic case for under £140 in UK to use in packing process. 

• Like 4

not exactly LEGO, but close 

Sold a COBI Titanic NISB on Ebay for $270 shipped. Took a flyer on it on a Walmart clearance for $80...not bad for a 3 month hold

I was planning it for personal collection, but faced the likelihood of actually building and storing it (it's huge)...my backlog is about 3 years post-mortem (assuming I live to 100) ...rumors of a LEGO version had me spooked and ofcourse the x3 buy-in made it a no brainer.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

75060 UCS Slave I - $700 - FBM amazon - had 1 of these for sale for months at this price -  price has gone up $70  in the last week.  price is up to $729 now.   mouse-induced name change awareness taking root now in the seller and buyer population.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cladner said:

75060 UCS Slave I - $700 - FBM amazon - had 1 of these for sale for months at this price -  price has gone up $70  in the last week.  price is up to $729 now.   mouse-induced name change awareness taking root now in the seller and buyer population.  

reminds me of two newb mistakes I made:

1. Breaking the seals of the UCS Slave 1 just to be sure I have all the bags (this was one of my first big sets and was a bit paranoid)...I even called LEGO customer service and sent the rep a picture of all the bags spread out.

2. breaking the seals of the Orange Porsche because I was so giddy to "see inside" and check out the authentic VIN#.

3. As a "seasoned reseller" the above sounds preposterous now...but I am a bit taken back at how cynical I am now and still at a loss of how excited I used to get over a set.  Now I could drop $5k on some sets and it would barely move the "feels" needle. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, cladner said:

41629 boba fett brickheadz for $99.99  fbm.  msrp $9.99 buyin.  got a few left.  

Crazy how much some of the BrickHeadz have appreciated. I can remember staring at these instore and just passed them as thought they would be like the first wave.

1 hour ago, Voltron said:

Crazy how much some of the BrickHeadz have appreciated. I can remember staring at these instore and just passed them as thought they would be like the first wave.

Agreed. I bought some good ones and missed some great ones. 

Love to see Rey, Finn and Kylo at the bottom of the price hierarchy. As a modern trilogy hater, this makes me warm inside. 

12 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I thought I was doing great last year when I sold them for $55. :D

wow, that's a big jump.  didn't realize.  I've been noticing a lot of things creeping up lately.  A lot of current sets are starting to dry up too -- lower limits, in-store pickup only, etc.  I'm still not all in on everything yet.  The restocks last year scared me off a bit, but at least this time we know "for sure" some things are retiring 🤫

After putting up most of the Walmart clearance haul I finally got around to feeling/sorting out the Mario Character Series 1 bags I've got. Realized I could use a scale to streamline the process and narrow down what I was feeling for in a bag. Out of 87 I came out with 6 full sets, with an additional set if you include the ones my daughter yoinked and opened :D 

I've already sold a few complete sets at $160 on eBay. My average buy-in was just $2.26 each ($22.60 for the set). Plus a third of the 20 left over are Bullet Bills!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, keymomachine said:

After putting up most of the Walmart clearance haul I finally got around to feeling/sorting out the Mario Character Series 1 bags I've got. Realized I could use a scale to streamline the process and narrow down what I was feeling for in a bag. Out of 87 I came out with 6 full sets, with an additional set if you include the ones my daughter yoinked and opened :D 

I've already sold a few complete sets at $160 on eBay. My average buy-in was just $2.26 each ($22.60 for the set). Plus a third of the 20 left over are Bullet Bills!

did not know series 1 has gone up that much in value, that is very exciting

9 hours ago, keymomachine said:

Cool to know, I managed to get 10 boxes from a source before they disappeared. It went off the shelves rather suddenly. Will sell them for Xmas.

11 hours ago, keymomachine said:

Nice ROI.  The thought of feeling these out however, turned me off on these.  Always wondered about weighing them, nice call.