What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 1 year later...

I've sold 14 sets though Stockx and about 50 sets on eBay in the past six weeks, and this pretty much wiped out my inventory of sets I've had sitting around for about five years. 

On Stockx, the total sale price of the sets I sold ($3483) was lower than Bricklink's lowest asking prices for the same sets ($3590) from US sellers. These figures represent sales prices prior to commissions, and a large part of the difference in the two totals is due to one set (76042, Shield Hellicarrier) that I sold for $89 less than the corresponding Bricklink price. 

To me, the benefits of Stockx for sellers compared to eBay are the following 

- No time required for taking pictures, preparing a listing, etc 

- Shipping is easy and cost-free for sellers

- No risk of a return once Stockx authenticates your item and ships it to the buyer

The cost of selling on Stockx is higher than on eBay or Bricklink. In addition to the 12 % fee for authentication and processing, there is a 2 % fee for depositing the proceeds in your bank account.  

• Like 2

I bought a few older sets with my proceeds from the items I sold, and based upon the condition of some of the boxes I received, I'd say Stockx's focus is more on whether the set is genuine than the overall condition of the boxes.

The boxes for the first few sets I bought didn't have any obvious flaws, but the last 3 or 4 had dents/creases that were significant enough that I would have mentioned them if I was listing the set on eBay. Stockx doesn't provide a return option, but for the sets I bought, it's not an issue because I will throw the boxes away after I build the set.

My guess is that Stockx doesn't have much motivation to reject sets based on box condition because they miss out on a commission if they do.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I bought 12 Hoth medical chambers at Walmart clearance 2.5 years ago. Finally sold one today for a 400% profit after fees, etc. Hopefully the other 11 start to move. My eyes are now looking disappointingly at the 4 R’as al Ghul Batman sets I bought years earlier, not one of which has sold yet. 

• Like 2

Sold Mac Anthem Technic semi truck 42078 for $400

Chicago $189.

Flatiron Bldg $106

40362 Battle of Endor $79

Sydney $140

40414 Mario Monty Mole $149

8110 Unimog $300

75179 Kylo Ren Tie Fighter $200

21143 Nether Portal $100

10214 London Tower Bridge $400

75203 Hoth Medical $50

21306 Yellow Submarine $160

All with free shipping on Ebay.

Edited by Gonkalin
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
Sold Finch Dallow for 320CHF, 2 full minifigs left plus 4 heads. Looking at the number of sellers left worldwide on ebay and bricklink I think I will just hold them. They don't take up much space anyways.

That’s crazy money.
I’m tempted to sell mine.

43 minutes ago, lego2016 said:

Looking up the set.... the Finch fig is an alternate?? How do you know which set it is in?

Here's a nice write up, it's part of the Resistance Bomber 75188 set, if it has Finch it's going for some good money. I got my replacement by writing to Lego and showing them proof that I had a few copies of the Resistance Bomber. 

https://www.brothers-brick.com/2019/02/03/everything-you-want-to-know-about-the-star-wars-finch-dallow-minifigure-replacement-feature/

Lego did reissue the set with the revised Finch for a short period of time.
Same as Coelian, I got my replacement helmet and head from Lego. It generated quite a buzz in this form back then and I recall a number of us got lucky by just requesting through customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a nice write up, it's part of the Resistance Bomber 75188 set, if it has Finch it's going for some good money. I got my replacement by writing to Lego and showing them proof that I had a few copies of the Resistance Bomber. 
https://www.brothers-brick.com/2019/02/03/everything-you-want-to-know-about-the-star-wars-finch-dallow-minifigure-replacement-feature/

Did they ask why you need so many sets?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Ogelwoc said:

Did they ask why you need so many sets? emoji51.png

No they did not although they asked for some number on the barcode of the manual. I wasn't going to pop open all my sets but I did show them one from my personal set and took a picture of the other sets I have, they were ok with that. The extras heads I had were because my original shipment went to Swaziland instead of Switzerland but eventually made its way here. During that time I called in asking if they had shipped the items and they told me it was OOS and they only had heads no helmets left. Not complaining though they are worth quite a few hundred bucks today.

• Like 1

No they did not although they asked for some number on the barcode of the manual. I wasn't going to pop open all my sets but I did show them one from my personal set and took a picture of the other sets I have, they were ok with that. The extras heads I had were because my original shipment went to Swaziland instead of Switzerland but eventually made its way here. During that time I called in asking if they had shipped the items and they told me it was OOS and they only had heads no helmets left. Not complaining though they are worth quite a few hundred bucks today.

Sorry I was just messing with you a bit, guess they didn’t identify you as reseller.

I got one replacement from them and decided not to push my lick asking for more.

12 hours ago, Ogelwoc said:

Sorry I was just messing with you a bit, guess they didn’t identify you as reseller. emoji12.png

I got one replacement from them and decided not to push my lick asking for more.

I've got orders cancelled for going above purchase limits quite a few times though, SAH takes a long time to reset.

Back to Finch Dallow, I just took a peek at Series 10 Mr Gold prices and I had a shock. A few years ago the going rate was 1k now its 2.5k. I'm going to hold on to my Finch Dallow for a few more years and pray hard they don't re-release it in the meantime.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MarleyMoose said:

Ebay 21007 Architecture Rockefeller Center $185.00+shipping. Sold with in a hour of listing.

I found a box with 4 of them while going through older inventory yesterday. I found some Trevis, Louvres, Whitehouses and Flatirons as well. 

Great sets to find, I'm still trying to locate a box full of wave 1 speed champions and Ideas maze that are lost in my house somewhere (or wife has chucked them in the bin...)