What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 1 year later...
9 minutes ago, marcandre said:

There is some value in selling off quickly. Getting $200 for slaves purchased a week ago for $75? Nothing to regret about that, especially if you use the money wisely. 

I often question if buying more LEGO is using the money wisely. But then I do it anyway.

Edited by zaphoid
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

32 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Holding on very tightly. Sold off previous version wayyy too early and left over $150 on the table per set. Its only going up, likely $300 by Q4 2021. Why would you sell? Unless you have 100's but even then.... ride the gain....

as restock is just as likely...50:50 IMO

even the UCS is around $300-ish...so that should tell you about the ceiling for the Anniversary set

I'm inclined to take the $85+ profit and run

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan

52 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

If I just have a single UCS Slave I with no intention on building, what should I do? I love Star Wars but the sets aren't for me really. I always just hold them with intention to build but where am I to put an A wing and Snowspeeder when I immediately open Mustang and Porsche?

a good dust management system is to rotate sets on the shelf to boxes and back (especially cars w/ suspension as some of them get compressed over time).

Now that zoom meetings and (over) scrutinizing backgrounds is a thing... high end sets have a great display value.

...anectdotally... I was on a Zoom work interview and I had to step away...coming back I heard the other attendees discussing my Saturn V on the wall. 

21 minutes ago, RightDwigt said:

Razor Crest for $260 on eBay. Prices are soaring for this and the 20th Slave I. 

I went through 9 of these (why I had nine I have no idea!) in about 9 hours starting on Sunday. I started at $189 as I just wanted to make sure I could get rid of them and get my money back to use on other things. Each time I sold one I raised the price and sold the last one at $250. Crazy.

12 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Just a bit of warning...at some point the price goes high enough for folks to considering returning once the set goes back in stock.  This is always my fear whenever there's a windfall of profits

I fear this possibility as well... Which is why I ship ASAP and hope it doesn't restock until well after Christmas. 

On a related note, I listed my used Razor Crest for fun and it sold in 2 hours for $230 shipped on eBay.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, fourkidsbuilding said:

Really wish I bought more than one crest...Oh well.  My single sealed copy is currently bid up to $185 plus shipping...ends on Sunday.

I had 3 (well my records show 4 but can't find it...) anyway, I only had these because of the preorder FOMO...I actually had ordered 2 more thru Amazon (but cancelled those once I was lulled by the Illusion of plentitude

based on how high the prices are going..I don't think many here reasonably thought to hoard at RRP...