What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Ebay sale:

I also have another local buyer picking one up for $130 (I "think" I have 3 total)...anyway buy-in was $79.99

LEGO Land Bounty Ninjago (70677) Brand New

Paid: $149.00 + $14.97 Shipping

ok this set seems to be getting hot...just got another local guy asking about it

currently selling for $170-$200 on Ebay...$195 (Amazon)

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, hissssa said:

All on the same day. SW sets are on fire right now (like nobody noticed!)

75158 Star Wars Rebel Frigate $179.99

Simpsons Kwik-E-Mart $399

75098 Assault on Hoth $550

I remember so many people making fun and complaining about AoH when it first came out. I didn't buy any because of that. The big question is, would it have done as well if we didn't have to deal with COVID?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MarleyMoose said:

EBay

60080 City Spaceport $165+shipping

75904 Scooby-Doo Mystery Mansion $235+shipping

21305 Ideas Maze $160+shipping

For 60080 I had higher hopes. Ordered them when I was at an altitude of about 3500m when climbing the Annapurna. Have about 6 left.

On 4/6/2021 at 12:16 PM, $20 on joe vs dan said:

ok this set seems to be getting hot...just got another local guy asking about it

currently selling for $170-$200 on Ebay...$195 (Amazon)

I also got one of those for $80. Been holding onto it to give it to one of my ninjago loving boys (other wants destinys bounty) however these value increases are tempting me to sell since he doesn't actually know I have it. lol.

44 minutes ago, mplsabdullah said:

I also got one of those for $80. Been holding onto it to give it to one of my ninjago loving boys (other wants destinys bounty) however these value increases are tempting me to sell since he doesn't actually know I have it. lol.

Haha, I got one for $30 at Walmart, and then sold it for $80 cash to a guy I met at a Walmart! I knew it was a winner, but it was nice to get it into the hands of someone who would enjoy it.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought three 77907 Mario Sets when the SDCC craze hit last year. Then they stayed in stock at Target for a while so I was kinda bummed... Forgot about them. Then looked 3 days ago what they were selling for 😱! Sold one for $90 today

Edited by stuco191
  • Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

Finally sold my last 75102 Poe's X-Wing, for €97. Good riddance of this set collecting dust on my shelves for years. Had expected it to do better because of the unique colour livery. Oh well.

Also sold another non-seller (70916, The Batwing from the Lego Batman movie), for 69 Euro. Good thing I had bought it at 50% off (€50). :P 

• Like 1

Sold 31084 for $115 on StockX ($100 after fees).  Buy-in was $25 at Walmart in 7/2019.  

Really like the fact that StockX pays you upon authentication; you are insulated from having to deal with any buyer complaints/issues/fraud which I think makes it superior to eBay despite the lower selling price.

4 hours ago, godernst said:

Sold 31084 for $115 on StockX ($100 after fees).  Buy-in was $25 at Walmart in 7/2019.  

Really like the fact that StockX pays you upon authentication; you are insulated from having to deal with any buyer complaints/issues/fraud which I think makes it superior to eBay despite the lower selling price.

how does this work for shipping costs to StockX? 

Looks interesting if there are buyers on StockX buying lego.

15 hours ago, godernst said:

How does selling on StockX compare to selling on Bricklink ? Better prices? On Bricklink you're also paid up front, before shipping out the order.

On StockX shipping is free for the seller and in my experience impossibly cheap for the buyer (I paid < $15 each to have Ewok Village/Bucket Wheel Excavator shipped from Hong Kong to USA).

You don't ship directly to the buyer, you ship to StockX where they verify the item is authentic and then ship it onwards to the buyer.

Pricing is fluid in that Sellers list their Asking price and buyers post their Bid and then either can raise/lower until they meet at an agreed upon price and then the sale is official.  You can see the price history for every sale for each set.

The difference between StockX and Bricklink/eBay is that it's NISB sets only, and once StockX has verified your item is authentic you get paid.  There is no communication with the buyer (you don't even know who it is) and you are insulated from any complaints/issues that the buyer has.  Once your item reaches StockX and is confirmed to be legitimate, you get paid and you're done.  For a high-value set, not having to deal with the possibility of a buyer complaint/return/other issue is a nice perk.

• Like 2