What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 2 years later...
54 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Sold through a healthy stack of 41329 Olivia's Deluxe Bedroom at $50 FBA over the last few days. 3x RRP and more ($15 set).

Also marks me passing 200% lifetime ROI on all my LEGO sales (3000+ sets sold and counting). Nice hobby :)

That is crazy high - I'm around 135% over a pretty long lifetime (which I believe is extremely high). Do you sell the dogs, or are you holding onto the sets that haven't appreciated yet?

1 minute ago, thedingman5 said:

Remember Phil B. is (was) the king of free LEGO from KMart!!!  It's all profit if its free :)...  (And shout out to Phil B., I benefited from a good amount of free KMart LEGO, myself)!!!

I thought I might have recalled him mentioning something that benefitted his ROI early on (2 years ago maybe), but I wasn't sure if I was remembering who the correct poster was.

2 hours ago, thedingman5 said:

Remember Phil B. is (was) the king of free LEGO from KMart!!!  It's all profit if its free :)...  (And shout out to Phil B., I benefited from a good amount of free KMart LEGO, myself)!!!

My final KMart tally was $14k+ of LEGO for $2.5k, basically an average of 82% off. That, and the fact that I somehow also managed to pick quite a few winners amongst those definitely help. But my non-KMart investments are doing pretty good too.

My other Olivia's sets just started moving as well on FBA ... 41307 Olivia's Creative Lab for $50, that's 5xRRP. Talking about winners :)

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 3

Before COVID hit there was a store by me that had a wall of the superhero girls high school on discount. Finally got back there last week and they still had 8 so I got them all plus all their Harry Potter Aragon sets (I’d already sold 4 of these for 4 times what I paid) and just now sold one of the high schools already for twice what I paid.

10 hours ago, KShine said:

That is crazy high - I'm around 135% over a pretty long lifetime (which I believe is extremely high). Do you sell the dogs, or are you holding onto the sets that haven't appreciated yet?

That is a tough question, that depends on available storage space and expected appreciation vs other sets.

I sell the dogs 2 years after EOL regardless of the price, most of the time the seller rank is really bad and you have to price 20-30% below going price to move some numbers.

Hope it helps.

On 11/26/2020 at 2:18 AM, speedsausage said:

Traded my last 10224 Town Hall, poly VW Bus and a poly Mini for a 10212 Imperial Shuttle.

I’ve been wanting this set since I started this thing. 

I just sold 10212 last night for $550.00.  That was one of my favorite all time Lego sets to build.  Great SNOT techniques, huge, impressive display size, interesting Technic gear train inside to fold up the wings...it's a really cool set.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, joneyyy1981 said:

managed to dump all my great halls around £100 - £110, hopefullt get in lower next time

You sell on eBay? Seems like only going for £100-105 now.

Seems like might be worth selling at that price for shipping and fees, mamight be better to hold if it is supposedly going Q3 2021, unless you manage to sell during £1 FVF promo

1 minute ago, Voltron said:

You sell on eBay? Seems like only going for £100-105 now.

Seems like might be worth selling at that price for shipping and fees, mamight be better to hold if it is supposedly going Q3 2021, unless you manage to sell during £1 FVF promo

done my last 2 @ 100 on ebay, sold some at 105 -110 locally on facebook, surprised as i seem to sell nothing on FB.

seems like there is nothing worth buying at the moment, so start looking to next year.. charrrggeeeeeeeee

13 minutes ago, joneyyy1981 said:

done my last 2 @ 100 on ebay, sold some at 105 -110 locally on facebook, surprised as i seem to sell nothing on FB.

seems like there is nothing worth buying at the moment, so start looking to next year.. charrrggeeeeeeeee

I've given up on Facebook marketplace, people just keep on low-balling and saying present is for kid and can't afford more, someone even messaged saying they are on furlough so can I give them discount, felt like replying back saying why you buying lego then lol 

• Like 3

Just now, Voltron said:

I've given up on Facebook marketplace, people just keep on low-balling and saying present is for kid and can't afford more, someone even messaged saying they are on furlough so can I give them discount, felt like replying back saying why you buying lego then lol 

yea i know looollll.

£100 no offers please

i'll give you £50 cash lol

8 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

are folks holding onto the Slave 1 Anniversary set?

obviously sell off the Razor Crests since it ain't retiring...both are hot right now (both around $200 when include shipping-ebay)...but obviously Slave 1 (currently) has the higher ceiling

Holding on very tightly. Sold off previous version wayyy too early and left over $150 on the table per set. Its only going up, likely $300 by Q4 2021. Why would you sell? Unless you have 100's but even then.... ride the gain....