What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 1 year later...

Couple of FBA highlights:

3x41330 Stephanie's Soccer Practice - $70 each (almost 5xRRP) - buy-in was $1.72 after tax (My KMarts had stacks of these). Those were my last ones.

3x77907 Toad's Special Hideaway (Exclusive) - $125 each - buy-in was $20.76 after tax

1x40414 Monty Mole & Super Mushroom - $168 - Free GWP during Mario launch at Zavvi/IWOOT

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Phil B said:

3x41330 Stephanie's Soccer Practice - $70 each (almost 5xRRP) - buy-in was $1.72 after tax (My KMarts had stacks of these). Those were my last ones.

3x77907 Toad's Special Hideaway (Exclusive) - $125 each - buy-in was $20.76 after tax

very good job on the Toads ... I still have the ones I bought.  Didnt know they went up that high already.  Good news for the whole line as each set has that potential.

Yeah, those Stephanie Soccer Practice mini sets ... whole bunch of them for clearance when my walmart closed ... 

2 hours ago, Phil B said:

1x40414 Monty Mole & Super Mushroom - $168 - Free GWP during Mario launch at Zavvi/IWOOT

So, I'm not one to complain when I double my money (which I did on Stephanie's Soccer Practice)....but making $10 on them, in hindsight, hurts.

• Like 1

My biggest ever sales today. Within an hour or two I sold the following:

The Tumbler $348 on eBay

VW T1 Camper Van $185 on eBay

Detective's Office $383 (not eBay, no fees)

Parisian Restaurant $313 (not eBay, no fees)

Winter Village Cottage $313  (not eBay, no fees)

All originally bought from Lego Online and in perfect condition. 

I might just call 13th October my own Reseller Day. The Tumbler and VW sold the same day they were listed on Buy It Now. 

• Like 4

Not sure where to post this - More of a general question: I got my first sale on Bricklink, sent the invoice, and three says later sent a follow-up e-mail. I've heard nothing back from the buyer. I take it the next step is to cancel the order. How long do you give the buyer before cancelling? 

4 minutes ago, StLBrian said:

Not sure where to post this - More of a general question: I got my first sale on Bricklink, sent the invoice, and three says later sent a follow-up e-mail. I've heard nothing back from the buyer. I take it the next step is to cancel the order. How long do you give the buyer before cancelling? 

Cancel now. If they haven't paid in three days, they probably aren't buying.

• Thanks 1

If your store terms state 3 days, then cancel it.
BL Non Paying Buyer designation is 7 days.
It’s all up to you, what is your limit. I had buyers who paid on 7 days, sometimes people have other commitments which delay payment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Ogelwoc said:

If your store terms state 3 days, then cancel it.
BL Non Paying Buyer designation is 7 days.
It’s all up to you, what is your limit. I had buyers who paid on 7 days, sometimes people have other commitments which delay payment.

Thanks. I realize after the fact that I didn't state that payment needs to be made within 3 days. I'll add that to my terms and set a reminder to cancel the order at the 7-day mark. I agree with iahawks550 that they're probably not going to pay, but I should play by BL's default rules in the meantime.

Since you're going the invoicing route, remember that this added step is not the norm for customers when buying online. I've had several customers on bricklink think that their transaction was done and then email me asking where their order is. I send a reminder email and they usually pay immediately.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, FM said:

Since you're going the invoicing route, remember that this added step is not the norm for customers when buying online. I've had several customers on bricklink think that their transaction was done and then email me asking where their order is. I send a reminder email and they usually pay immediately.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

This. I've been bitten as a buyer by this when placing several orders at once. This is definitely not the norm so a reminder should be sent to buyers.

This. I've been bitten as a buyer by this when placing several orders at once. This is definitely not the norm so a reminder should be sent to buyers.

Thanks much for the feedback. I set it up as invoicing because there’s such a variation in shipping costs - Across USPS zones and when comparing to FedEx/UPS (e.g. via Pirate Ship). But it sounds like I’m better off setting an ‘average’ cost that is automatically billed and absorbing an excess/profiting from an underage. Definitely something to consider.

13 minutes ago, maestro said:

Palace Cinema in person $372. Best selling I've found to be Modular, T1 Camper and Ecto-1 by a long shot.

Modulars 4shure.

There is a very large and energized AfoL market for these, they are well informed of pricing...pricing one just below market and it will sell in days...folks will travel about 1 hr each way.

Perosnally if I could find a used BB for <$300 I would drive about an hour as well (what I save on tax covers gas) 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Modulars 4shure.

There is a very large and energized AfoL market for these, they are well informed of pricing...pricing one just below market and it will sell in days...folks will travel about 1 hr each way.

Perosnally if I could find a used BB for <$300 I would drive about an hour as well (what I save on tax covers gas) 

Mostly great sets. I didn't keep any for myself but hey. I still have Star Wars sets I have yet to build.

1 hour ago, maestro said:

Palace Cinema in person $372. Best selling I've found to be Modular, T1 Camper and Ecto-1 by a long shot.

My sister's just made the T1 Camper and it's really nice (much better than the T2 apparently). I'm not a petrol head and I've no idea about vehicles but given her partner spent over $1000 on a steering wheel for their real camper, buying a Lego T1 is just loose change really.