What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 3 months later...
4 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

Sold a set of the Lego Movie 2 Limited Edition Brickheadz for $380. Crazy to think how much these have gone up. What's even crazier is the buyer is from Brazil and how much he had to pay via the eBay Global Shipping Program. Mind-blowing!!

IMG_8568.jpg

Yowza, I have a couple sets of those I need to sell.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oneknightr said:

Still have one set left after this one and a couple of singles. I'm glad I didn't list them a year or so ago when they were going for about $200 for the set.

yeah...I regret selling my Bhz...in hindsight; they take up such small storage space, prices can POP, and shipping is a breeze w/ no seal issues.

1 hour ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

yeah...I regret selling my Bhz...in hindsight; they take up such small storage space, prices can POP, and shipping is a breeze w/ no seal issues.

Yeah, but there is the chance that they start to disappear into obscurity and few people are interested. I sold all of my sets a while ago and I'm happy with the $200+ I was getting per set. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, BillyBricks said:

Yeah, but there is the chance that they start to disappear into obscurity and few people are interested. I sold all of my sets a while ago and I'm happy with the $200+ I was getting per set. 

Agreed. I moved mine all in 2019 at $250 for lots of 4 and individuals from between $60.99 and $105.99, and rolled it into new sets. If I haven't tripled that money by now I did something wrong. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, stackables said:

Well it finally started. Sold my first Lego set. 21102 Minecraft the Forest. Obviously a complete dud in terms of return but wanted to get rid of it. Sold it on Ebay for 46.99 after only 2 days listed.

Nice job dumping it.  Most people just hold on to sets waiting for a return.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, stackables said:

Well it finally started. Sold my first Lego set. 21102 Minecraft the Forest. Obviously a complete dud in terms of return but wanted to get rid of it. Sold it on Ebay for 46.99 after only 2 days listed.

I still have a bunch. Lowest on amazon is 89. Hoping to clear soon

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, stackables said:

Sold mine on ebay.  Looks like avg on bricklink was around $45.  Figured I would start getting rid of the duds first.  I remember when I bought this I thought it was hard to get lol. 

The whole Minecraft line killed this thing.  It would have been easily $200 now had it stayed a 1 and done Cuuso set.  I sold all mine a long time a go. 

Perhaps try selling on Amazon as they have better price

• 1 month later...
41 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

Set of 4 TLM2 brickheadz for $350+shipping and pp fees, on FB marketplace.  That leaves 2 more sets of 4 and couple singles left.  Lot of lowballing going on to get here, but happy I held out.   I have a sub 100 (96 I think) Benny that I may hang on to just to see where the price goes. 📈🚀🌒

Nice! 

I haven't sold anything on FB Marketplace with shipping. I've only done local pickup. Anyone experience issues or scams where a buyer would say they weren't happy with what they received or try to say they got bogus bricks for sealed sets? I feel like a buyer could just file a PayPal refund and we would be SOL. 

2 hours ago, oneknightr said:

Nice! 

I haven't sold anything on FB Marketplace with shipping. I've only done local pickup. Anyone experience issues or scams where a buyer would say they weren't happy with what they received or try to say they got bogus bricks for sealed sets? I feel like a buyer could just file a PayPal refund and we would be SOL. 

But us being SOL would happen through most online marketplaces, no matter what. 

Personally, I haven't had an issue selling on FB marketplace with shipping after dozens of sales. Although, I did have someone leave negative feedback two years ago when shipping got really slow during the holiday season and I couldn't reach out to the person because it doesn't tell me who wrote it, so now that's stuck on there. 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, oneknightr said:

I've only done local pickup. 

Ive only recently started shipping on FB.  So many requests, I was loosing potential sales.  These brickheadz are certainly the highest value I have attempted, so I cant offer alot of advice.  I mostly just sell used sets pulled from bulks I acquire. But I have on accasion move NISB sets, especially during the holidays.  Certainly not a great platform for large scale operations. 

The only fail safe I use is Paypal gifts and services for the protection, but its not free like family and friends.  Its somewhere around 5-6% I believe but don't quote me on that. I usually just have the buyer cover the fee. 

1 hour ago, Shortbus311 said:

Sold my last 10257 Carousel today on Amazon for $593. Picked up 3 of them when Amazon had them on sale for $130 back in 2019. Wish I had grabbed more haha

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Buy box is at $658 why sell at $593?

I did get in on that deal for $130 and got 50. Dumped everything last year. Who knew it would climb this fast. 

Edited by vasp

3 hours ago, Shortbus311 said:

I am small time and only do FBM... I will never have the buy box.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I'm not big time either. These days just launched gets buy box. This happened holiday season 2021 when they did not have the usual holiday metrics.

Sold my last sealed 10212 UCS Imperial Shuttle for $800 and a sealed 10219 Maersk Train for $400 locally. I could've net about $160 more if I had sold via eBay, but the convenience of the sale and the zero worry concern of potential scamming and/or transit damage is worth netting less...at least for me.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, oneknightr said:

Sold my last sealed 10212 UCS Imperial Shuttle for $800 and a sealed 10219 Maersk Train for $400 locally. I could've net about $160 more if I had sold via eBay, but the convenience of the sale and the zero worry concern of potential scamming and/or transit damage is worth netting less...at least for me.

The train is close to $800 on amazon.

6 hours ago, vasp said:

The train is close to $800 on amazon.

I know I took a big hit on the Maersk train, but I had it listed for $480 for about a month with only two nibbles. I know I won't get top dollar because of my choice to sell locally only, but I'm ok with that. Just ask @$20 on joe vs dan who scored a nice deal on my other 10212 UCS Imperial Shuttle that had open seals but sealed baggies. Right Dan? 😉

On 11/2/2022 at 9:51 AM, oneknightr said:

I know I took a big hit on the Maersk train, but I had it listed for $480 for about a month with only two nibbles. I know I won't get top dollar because of my choice to sell locally only, but I'm ok with that. Just ask @$20 on joe vs dan who scored a nice deal on my other 10212 UCS Imperial Shuttle that had open seals but sealed baggies. Right Dan? 😉

for sure...that set is definitely in my top 5 alltime

for m personally; I only sell $400+ locally...I'm too small time to be able to absorb that kind of hit if it goes south