What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 11 months later...
26 minutes ago, chinothegeeko said:

Kudos to you for holding out on those. Amazing return and congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Full disclosure.....I haven't been holding on to these for that long...I bought a pretty awesome lot from a local guy a couple of weeks ago...I still paid less than $200 each for the Emerald Nights

• Like 6

3 hours ago, coelian said:

Sold an iron man helm for 140chf buy in was about 40chf. I should have paid this one more attention but was busy buying up tie fighter and stormtrooper helms. I can't find any more of the iron man helms anywhere in retail. 

Did same thing.  Didn't think Iron Man would disappear that quick and considered it the weakest of the three.  I thought the Target Stormtroooper clearance would finish the set but it lives on  . . .

2 hours ago, gmpirate said:

Did same thing.  Didn't think Iron Man would disappear that quick and considered it the weakest of the three.  I thought the Target Stormtroooper clearance would finish the set but it lives on  . . .

Ironman may have more appeal than stormies actually. I got the tie helms simply because they were pretty tough to come by. 

Interestingly I've seen 5000 storm helms go on amazon.de and they get wiped out in a day or two....

Best Buy: LEGO Minecraft Skeleton BigFig with Magma Cube 21150 6251776

big fig minecraft skeletons for $59 fbm  - almost feels wrong lol. 

shipping first class mainly to closeby states for $4-5 with my optimized settings.  buyin was $10.  i got about a hundred boxed ready to have a label slapped on a shelf.  waiting for steve to catch up before i really start to unload those.  alex -  nobody wants that one.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, cladner said:

big fig minecraft skeletons for $59 fbm  - almost feels wrong lol. 

shipping first class mainly to closeby states for $4-5 with my optimized settings.  buyin was $10.  i got about a hundred boxed ready to have a label slapped on a shelf.  waiting for steve to catch up before i really start to unload those.  alex -  nobody wants that one.

For whatever reason I decided to stock up on the Alex and Steve but ignored the skeletons. :punish:IIRC nobody wanted Skeleton around here and they were still on the shelves 6 months after the other 2 were gone.

23 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

For whatever reason I decided to stock up on the Alex and Steve but ignored the skeletons. :punish:IIRC nobody wanted Skeleton around here and they were still on the shelves 6 months after the other 2 were gone.

skeleton wasn't doing that well and then suddenly seller count dropped.  steve was winning until this month.  i went apesh!t on steve's.  i still have over 160.  it'll make it to $60-80 sometime this year.

Edited by cladner

5 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Same here. Thought skelton was not as collectworthy as the other two.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Local cash sales from this weekend:

Brick Bank ($110), Detectives Office ($106), Parisian Restaurant ($106), Downtown Diner ($180): $2000

Harley Davidson Fatboy ($15 from Target Glitch): $120

Aston Martin ($15 from Target Glitch): $200

All buyers were parents based on their profile pictures. Theory: Parents pissing away the additional child tax credit.

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

Ebay:

Tantive IV: LIst price $257, Total Collected: $300.82 (Payout: $237.29...damn fees!!!)

Tie Fighter Helmet: $169, $196.10, tbd

I got the tantive from SAH BF for $170 plus GWPs!!! The Tie got for RRP (when they were actually in stock)...these are hot BTW...mine sold in less than 5 hrs of listing

I'm pretty sure I could have gotten more w/ more patience but I am LITERALLY out of space.

ON a side note; we know this is the year Ebay will be 1099ing sellers...for those that may not have fully declared past year sales wouldn't it be wise to limit sales this year?

2 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Ebay:

Tantive IV: LIst price $257, Total Collected: $300.82 (Payout: $237.29...damn fees!!!)

Tie Fighter Helmet: $169, $196.10, tbd

I got the tantive from SAH BF for $170 plus GWPs!!! The Tie got for RRP (when they were actually in stock)...these are hot BTW...mine sold in less than 5 hrs of listing

I'm pretty sure I could have gotten more w/ more patience but I am LITERALLY out of space.

ON a side note; we know this is the year Ebay will be 1099ing sellers...for those that may not have fully declared past year sales wouldn't it be wise to limit sales this year?

Will they not do it next year or the year after?

16 minutes ago, Brystheguy said:

Will they not do it next year or the year after?

My point being that seeing a $10k sales total but zero declared in previous years may be eye brow raising...maybe amp up slowly yead after year???

Likely giving gov. Way too much credit.  They will be literally swamped w new declarations they never had before....

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

My point being that seeing a $10k sales total but zero declared in previous years may be eye brow raising...maybe amp up slowly yead after year???

Likely giving gov. Way too much credit.  They will be literally swamped w new declarations they never had before....

Sellers need to start somewhere.  Also, the tax is on the profit, not gross sales

• Like 1

23 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

i had an ebay message asking me to sign their letter to Congress protesting the new $600 cap/1099.  you think Ebay is seeing a big decline in sellers?  I for one stopped selling on ebay this year for that very reason.

7 minutes ago, jaybinx73 said:

i had an ebay message asking me to sign their letter to Congress protesting the new $600 cap/1099.  you think Ebay is seeing a big decline in sellers?  I for one stopped selling on ebay this year for that very reason.

it was a major fail by Ebay lobbyist to even let this bill gain traction

PR-wise I would think this bill had no chance since the optics would simply be trying to squash the little guys trying to hustle for their family

anyone know how long Ebay retains records if they get subpoena?

6 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

it was a major fail by Ebay lobbyist to even let this bill gain traction

PR-wise I would think this bill had no chance since the optics would simply be trying to squash the little guys trying to hustle for their family

yep, i was just trying to make a few $thousand selling off odds and ends, plus a little side hustle lego flip here and there.  ridiculous they went from 20k to 600

• 1 month later...

Fb Marketplace; Local inperson: Simpsons Kwiki-Mart; Used w/ Box and manual (good shape): $330 cash

Was originally a CL local purchase for $214 back in 2018 (Part of a massive lot i got to fund a kid's college tuition...this lot aged well [included Ninjago City, Mountain Mine, Tower of Orthanc, Temple of Airjitsu, and dozen others).

I think I could have held out for another $40...but then I would have likely needed to drive more than 2 minutes I drove for this one...given gas prices the near deal is worth some $ on the table.

I spent the $200 from this deal to get Cinderella's castle used...which I think will have a higher ceiling (once it retires)

• 1 month later...