What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2023 at 9:27 PM, scratchdesk said:

I've been dropping them on ebay.  Last one I sold went for $286 in less than 24-hours.  Wasn't expecting that fast of a turn.

Why the sudden interest in this particular helmet? Have I missed some obscure Star Wars reference that makes the Tie Fighter this pricey? Im totally going to list my built set as those are even seeing crazy prices. 

2 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

Why the sudden interest in this particular helmet? Have I missed some obscure Star Wars reference that makes the Tie Fighter this pricey? Im totally going to list my built set as those are even seeing crazy prices. 

Nothing sudden about it, the set has steadily gone up in value. Short lifespan for a Target exclusive ($30 BF) that was wiped out of stock before Christmas. 

I have no idea what the ceiling on this one is going to be. Every time I think it's topped out and sell a few more, it continues to jump. Eventually it will plateau, as the amount of buyers willing to pay the price will no longer exceed the available sets on the market. But with each new wave of helmets, the first wave gets yet another boost. 

14 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

See yesterday’s Mandalorian

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, jeff_14 said:

See yesterday’s Mandalorian

That closeup on the helmet was nice and the episode was basically a commercial for several sets especially 75316.

ETA: I heard the new season of Ted Lasso has the foosball table in it but I dropped Apple TV. 

Edited by Pseudoty

I'm starting to slowly reduce my Lego stock (I'm only buying 1 or 2 sets for every 10 or so that I sell). Most recent sales are:

75120 K-2SO £42

75248 A-Wing £60

75950 HP Aragog £30

75136 Droid Escape £40

5005254 Hogwarts Profs £35

In recent years I seem to have settled on selling sets for 2-3 times retail, which equates to 3-4 times what I paid. I'm also pretty happiest selling small to medium-sized sets.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2023 at 12:40 PM, bassbin said:

I'm starting to slowly reduce my Lego stock (I'm only buying 1 or 2 sets for every 10 or so that I sell). Most recent sales are:

75120 K-2SO £42

75248 A-Wing £60

75950 HP Aragog £30

75136 Droid Escape £40

5005254 Hogwarts Profs £35

In recent years I seem to have settled on selling sets for 2-3 times retail, which equates to 3-4 times what I paid. I'm also pretty happiest selling small to medium-sized sets.

K-2SO is performing amazing. Still 16 in stock average buy in 4,20€! 🥳

• Like 1