What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, OrangeChiliPeP said:

K-2SO is performing amazing. Still 16 in stock average buy in 4,20€! 🥳

Had the same buyin, but i got rid of all for 35€ 2 years ago. If you hold out, some sets mature well. Didnt think k2so would be one of them, because it was really a stinker when not EOL.

Been cleaning out the storage. All sealed sets.

Pet Shop $280

Palace Cinema $320

Two Grand Emporium $440 each

Fire Brigade $620

76042 Shield Helicarrier $500

Netting a little less than if I sold them on eBay, but that's ok with me as I sold them all to a local buyer. Saving the hassle of shipping and risk of getting scammed on big sets.

• Like 4

Clearing out personal collection stuff, sold the OG Roller Coaster for $350. (used w/ box)
Question for you: Is this set worth building? I have a used one that I picked up last year for $210 but I won't get around to it for about 3 years (two kids under 5 will do that). It's sitting in storage and not in the way, but did you appreciate it or is it just big, like it appeared in stores.

Yay LEGO!

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:

75274 Tie Fighter helmet just keeps climbing and climbing. This thing is amazing with what it is doing. Currently up to $360 on Amazon. It could very easily be $500 by Q4.

yeah, good thing Amazon killed the buy box.  wouldn't want to sell too many . . .

3 hours ago, Shortbus311 said:

75274 Tie Fighter helmet just keeps climbing and climbing. This thing is amazing with what it is doing. Currently up to $360 on Amazon. It could very easily be $500 by Q4.

My FBA listing got turned inactive at the $399.99 price

Dear Seller,

We have deactivated the listings noted in this email due to detected pricing errors or in accordance with Amazon's Marketplace Fair Pricing Policy. You can view more information and take steps to reinstate these listings by visiting the Pricing Health page in Seller Central.

The number of these lately is concerning. Any advice on how to fix? Other sellers have the same price.

2 hours ago, My_own_2_bricks said:

My FBA listing got turned inactive at the $399.99 price

Dear Seller,

We have deactivated the listings noted in this email due to detected pricing errors or in accordance with Amazon's Marketplace Fair Pricing Policy. You can view more information and take steps to reinstate these listings by visiting the Pricing Health page in Seller Central.

The number of these lately is concerning. Any advice on how to fix? Other sellers have the same price.

check your min & max pricing

• Like 1

On 4/7/2023 at 6:44 PM, redghostx said:

Question for you: Is this set worth building? I have a used one that I picked up last year for $210 but I won't get around to it for about 3 years (two kids under 5 will do that). It's sitting in storage and not in the way, but did you appreciate it or is it just big, like it appeared in stores.

Yay LEGO!

We built it during covid and it is still standing.  It's amazing how joyful it is watching the cars go round and round.  Get both sets of cars going and see which one catches up to the other. 

If you're able to use the boost function / motor, there is a nervous anticipation / scream sound effect that will be triggered when the car starts up the big hill.  We found it very amusing.  My kids really enjoyed building it.  They were pre-teens at the time and it took them several days to complete.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

fb marketplace face to face

All NISB

• 76139 1989 Batmobile (Big one)
  • Stranger Things
  • 70618 Destiny Bounty (The big Shanghai version) 
  • BB8
  • Destiny Bounty (one w/ wheels)

$1250

Fair? Got Fleeced? High Five?

I think the hobby is in great shape if these AFoLs (two guys in their late 20s to early 30s, I'm guessing) are any indication. I think they were making a LEGO run cuz their Prius was PACKed w/ retired sets... They didn't give off reseller vibe (not that it matters); just really into collecting and building.

July was another good month for me, compared to last year, with 25 sets sold including:

41122 Adv Camp £100

41038 Jungle Base £120

75108 Cody (multiples) £60each - wish I'd bought more of these and less of 75113 Rey

75165 Battle Pack £40

41589 Cap America £35

76057 Spider-man Bridge £250

70665 Samurai Mech £35

• Like 2

Sold one of my rarest and most valuable sets a week ago 2k+ after tax. It ended up that a very famous person purchased it. A world-wide celebrity/sports hero. Everyone knows this person, even people who do not watch sports. Such a cool thing to happen, that I've even hung a copy of the UPS label on my basement wall. He even gave me positive feedback for the sale!

I'd love to post the label for you guys to see, but I feel like I need to protect his info. And yes, it did ship to a mansion!

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, dennugsmello said:

Sold one of my rarest and most valuable sets a week ago 2k+ after tax. It ended up that a very famous person purchased it. A world-wide celebrity/sports hero. Everyone knows this person, even people who do not watch sports. Such a cool thing to happen, that I've even hung a copy of the UPS label on my basement wall. He even gave me positive feedback for the sale!

I'd love to post the label for you guys to see, but I feel like I need to protect his info. And yes, it did ship to a mansion!

That's awesome! 

How about the set name at least?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jackson said:

I'm surprised the famous person doesn't use an anonymous PO box or something. Was the transaction on eBay?

Yup. I was surprised as well. The buyer used their real name, which is what caught my eye. Using the address and some other info I was able to verify it to be legit. Looking up the address and seeing the house/neighborhood was wild!

Yes, this was Ebay. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dennugsmello said:

Yup. I was surprised as well. The buyer used their real name, which is what caught my eye. Using the address and some other info I was able to verify it to be legit. Looking up the address and seeing the house/neighborhood was wild!

Yes, this was Ebay. 

Can we play 20 questions?

I will go first, does he play a Team Sport 🤣

Edited by Pseudoty

• 5 weeks later...

Pretty good August for me compared to last year with about a dozen sales.

75187 BB8 £200

76080 Ayesha's Revenge £70

60181 Tractor £36

75248 A-Wing £70

60181 Pickup and Caravan £60

10220 Sopwith Camel £250 (thought I'd sold all of these years ago, but found one more)

75094 Shuttle  Tydirium £180

12 hours ago, bassbin said:

Pretty good August for me compared to last year with about a dozen sales.

75187 BB8 £200

76080 Ayesha's Revenge £70

60181 Tractor £36

75248 A-Wing £70

60181 Pickup and Caravan £60

10220 Sopwith Camel £250 (thought I'd sold all of these years ago, but found one more)

75094 Shuttle  Tydirium £180

Well done! I found that in Summer prices usually go down, so I list very few sets and have almost no sales.

But I don't have old sets like yours, I usually hold for 18 months max and try to sell.

On 9/1/2023 at 11:39 PM, severalads said:

Well done! I found that in Summer prices usually go down, so I list very few sets and have almost no sales.

But I don't have old sets like yours, I usually hold for 18 months max and try to sell.

I'm finding I have to keep sets for longer and longer. Ten years ago I would find a reasonable number could be sold for 2-3x retail after a couple of years. Now it seems to be taking 3-4 years for a lot of my sets. I'm not complaining though as it's way better than bank interest.

• Like 1