What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 2 years later...

I thought my old bricklink store had all inventory listed as “stockroom” or inactive.    I haven’t sold anything on there in 3 years.  

Well, something changed & all my inventory went active some with some sets having very low prices.  Worse yet, many of those sets are long gone from my stockpile. Anyway, a buyer find my store and ordered  a new 9465 The Zombies for $215 plus postage.  After doing an archaeological dig in the basement I uncovered one to fulfill the order.

Selling this set is also an achievement for me because it's my last new 9465. 

• I bought 13 9465s in early 2013 for an avg of $92 each.  (10 of those came from a single bricklink order).
  • it was also the 1st time I ever invested 'heavily' in buying a retired set based on my predicted growth % left.

All 12 are now sold for a very nice profit.  The 13th one was built by us initially 2013 or for Halloween.

i also found a pic from 2015 w/ that set my son built while I did the Haunted House.  The Mystery Van is my modified one to fit all the minifigs in the seating area.

25AA3979-5355-45E9-8632-9EA2121D9616.jpeg

925E6C0F-B386-402E-97AC-24AACB6656AF.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jaisonline said:

I thought my old bricklink store had all inventory listed as “stockroom” or inactive.    I haven’t sold anything on there in 3 years.  

Well, something changed & all my inventory went active some with some sets having very low prices.  Worse yet, many of those sets are long gone from my stockpile. Anyway, a buyer find my store and ordered  a new 9465 The Zombies for $215 plus postage.  After doing an archaeological dig in the basement I uncovered one to fulfill the order.

Selling this set is also an achievement for me because it's my last new 9465. 

• I bought 13 9465s in early 2013 for an avg of $92 each.  (10 of those came from a single bricklink order).
  • it was also the 1st time I ever invested 'heavily' in buying a retired set based on my predicted growth % left.

All 12 are now sold for a very nice profit.  The 13th one was built by us initially 2013 or for Halloween.

i also found a pic from 2015 w/ that set my son built while I did the Haunted House.  The Mystery Van is my modified one to fit all the minifigs in the seating area.

any concern about wrapping sets in plastic like that? does it not allow the cartons to breath? or concerns of holding moisture in?

6 minutes ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

any concern about wrapping sets in plastic like that? does it not allow the cartons to breath? or concerns of holding moisture in?

Nope.  Not all all.  That's the way that 10-lot was shipped to me. bubble wrap and cellophane.   my basement is pretty dry in that area so no concerns. 

If anything, it helped keep the boxes in decent shape as that part of the basement is a high traffic area.  

2 hours ago, jaisonline said:

Nope.  Not all all.  That's the way that 10-lot was shipped to me. bubble wrap and cellophane.   my basement is pretty dry in that area so no concerns. 

If anything, it helped keep the boxes in decent shape as that part of the basement is a high traffic area.  

got it. thank you!

1 hour ago, oneknightr said:

Sold my Lego Vader Bust 75227 for $130 shipped on eBay. I tried selling this for $50 on craigslist a couple months after release with no interest. I guess that worked out in the end.

nice sale! has anyone ever had success with Craigslist?

On 4/6/2020 at 9:07 PM, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Lot of 2 USED sets: Star Wars Heavy Assault Walker and Defense of Crait: $208.60 Ebay Auction which include tax and shipping.

I paid well below this when I purchased the sets new a year ago ($89 walker and $35 for Defense Crait); Again there were intangible "Labor" and "Storing cost": both sets were built by my boy who re-created the battle from the movie and then proudly displayed the sets on the shelf for the past few months. he then broke them both down for re-sell so he can move on to another set.

To me personally, THIS...seems to be how the love of LEGO and the hobby leveraged with resell should be. He knows we can't keep them all and there's limited shelf space..only the most choice sets are "keepers".

I know many of you are moving pallets...just a reminder to enjoy "the product" once in awhile. 

This is the model I have been moving to lately. With limited resources (and shelf space) I build both new and used sets for the fun of it, and if something else that I want more comes along, I'll sell something toward the "bottom". As you said, this is a great way to discover the sets you really want, because you never want to "exchange" those for new finds... you find a way to pay for it another way, or you decide to just keep and enjoy what you have

• Like 1

Mickey Mouse BH purchased for $2 BN online clearance sold on eBay for $49. Still have 2 left. I have been selling a lot of brickheadz and Nexo that I got from my TRU going out of business sale (which was around a year before the entire company went under) for 70-90% off.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Mickey Mouse BH purchased for $2 BN online clearance sold on eBay for $49. Still have 2 left. I have been selling a lot of brickheadz and Nexo that I got from my TRU going out of business sale (which was around a year before the entire company went under) for 70-90% off.

Barnes and Noble online clearance?

USED Ninjago City $350, plus $20 ship

2 months ago and 1 hour drive each way, I originally got 3 sets used as a lot for $275: Ninjago City, Parisian Restaurant, and Destiny's Bounty (the recent big boat); all three I wanted for personal build and since they were used, it wouldn't tempt me to sell. Now it looks like all three may go on the auction block.

• Like 2

USED Ninjago City $350, plus $20 ship
2 months ago and 1 hour drive each way, I originally got 3 sets used as a lot for $275: Ninjago City, Parisian Restaurant, and Destiny's Bounty (the recent big boat); all three I wanted for personal build and since they were used, it wouldn't tempt me to sell. Now it looks like all three may go on the auction block.

I had a UCS Slave I, Red Five and TIE Fighter that I swore were for personal build.

*Had*

25 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

You'd have to pry away my UCS Slave 1 out of my COLD DEAD HANDS

...and replace it with $600😄 (everythings got a price)

I, on the other hand, was happy to unload my last 10188 Death Star locally to a fellow AFOL who has a 4yo kid that loves minifigures. Sold it for $420. Could've probably gotten more on eBay but it felt good to help a fellow fan out during SIP.

• Haha 1

Started the year with 5x 10242 minis.

Started selling them early April at $319 ( $185us), and bumped up the price every time one sold. Just sold my last one for $399 ($231us)!
Average buy-in was about $75us...

Honestly, every time I tell myself "This ones a winner, buy lots" I still fail to buy enough.... 😆

• Like 1

Sold a few used sets on ebay from a lot I purchased around Christmas time.  I completed each of them with minifigures and/or a few parts. 

Used, 100% complete (correct colors, minifigure variants, etc.) w/ instructions: 

- 7656 Gen. Grievous Starfighter - $37 + shipping (glad I got this out before the summer sets hit)

- 8017 Vader's Tie - $55 + shipping

- 8086 Droid Tri-Fighter - $11 + shipping

- 4502 X-Wing - Dagobah - $107 + shipping

New, sealed sets:

- 40289 Diagon Ally Mini - $91

- 41615 HP BHz - $50

- 41616 Hermione BHz - $39

- 41625 Minnie Mouse BHz - $41

• Like 2