What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 2 years later...

All on eBay buyer paid shipping

X6 Ninjago quakemech $80 (Target clearance $26)

X3 HP Hogwarts Castles $130 (WM clearance $25)

X3 SW BB-8 $95 (WM clearance $33)

X2 Creator Pirate Coaster $129 (WM clearance $15)

X27 SW pod racer polybags $99 (WM clearance $0.25)

Burning through inventory like there is no tomorrow at this rate. WTF is it with people buying Lego sets at 3 am, anyway?

giphy.gif

• Like 3

All on Ebay today...

75098 - Used, paid $120 cash from Facebook local, was missing 3x blaster pistols that I had to bricklink... sold for $285 shipped

75158 - Used, paid $100 cash from a Letgo local lot (5 other sets in the lot, 75189, 75188, 75102, 75103, 75104), had to bricklink pieces to finish (total cost of missing pieces for the entire lot was $41)... sold for $215 shipped

75192 - New, paid ??? $10? From the reddit raffle (I only bought $10 worth of tickets for that raffle, but have bought other tickets that didn't win). Sold for $950 buyer paid shipping.

• Like 3

I'm just a smaller seller(TFOL) but I have seen a huge increase in sales this past month with

NEW 21030 US capitol - $150(Free ship)  buy-in $86

NEW 21311 Voltron - $225(FS) buy-in at 2019 Prime day of $149

NEW 75187 Life size B8 - $110(FS) buy-in $60

NEW 75212 Kessel Run - $178.99(FS) buy-in $90 also at 2019 Prime day

DAMAGED 75953 Whomping Willow - $70(FS) buy-in $35 this box was COMPLETELY beat up, with holes and everything. Received + feedback on order though!

MEW Star wars 20th Anniversary lot with 75243 40362 40333 30624 30461 75258 75259 75261 75262

Essentially ALL of the main sets + the obi wan, battle of hoth, and battle of endor promo and a 20th podracer minibuild from WM $315 + Shipping buy-in $240

USED 10243 PR - $215(FS) buy-in $130

USED 70653 Ninjago Firstbourne $75(FS) buy-in $38

USED 70620 Ninjago City $350+Shipping buy-in $325(just trying to get rid of it quickly before I become more attached to it :)

NEW 21309 SV - $185(FS) buy-in $130(Great margin because the buyer lived 25 minutes away so shipping was $9 BUCKS!)

USED 40346 LEGOland theme park - $90(FS) buy-in $90.00

NEW 42585 Batman BHz - $36.99(FS) buy-in $11

NEW x2 75522 Mini Boost Commander for $120 TOTAL(FS) buy-in $10 of VIP points,(calculates to $40 an OUNCE of LEGO) I have to thank Brickpicker for bringing this set to my attention two weeks ago!

NEW 76052 Classic Batcave -$125(FS) buy-in $200(Pieced this set out and made $26 of total profit)

NEW 76105 Hulkbuster(big version) -$130+Shipping buy-in $86, Also a Prime day deal!

NEW 21313 Ship in Bottle - $90(FS) buy-in $55

Literally 1 HOUR LATER

NEW 21313 Ship in Bottle - $100(FS) buy-in $55

This morning

NEW 21314 TRON set $43(FS) buy-in $26(Just a heads-up Disney is adding a TRON ride to their Orlando location so could drive up sales later!)

All in all almost $3000 in sales, and with the sale of my LEGO 75522 Droid commander my business reached $1000 in profits on the 8th anniversary of my baby brother's passing. Thought that was kind of neat.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Saruman said:

I'm just a smaller seller(TFOL) but I have seen a huge increase in sales this past month with

NEW 21030 US capitol - $150(Free ship)  buy-in $86

NEW 21311 Voltron - $225(FS) buy-in at 2019 Prime day of $149

NEW 75187 Life size B8 - $110(FS) buy-in $60

NEW 75212 Kessel Run - $178.99(FS) buy-in $90 also at 2019 Prime day

DAMAGED 75953 Whomping Willow - $70(FS) buy-in $35 this box was COMPLETELY beat up, with holes and everything. Received + feedback on order though!

MEW Star wars 20th Anniversary lot with 75243 40362 40333 30624 30461 75258 75259 75261 75262

Essentially ALL of the main sets + the obi wan, battle of hoth, and battle of endor promo and a 20th podracer minibuild from WM $315 + Shipping buy-in $240

USED 10243 PR - $215(FS) buy-in $130

USED 70653 Ninjago Firstbourne $75(FS) buy-in $38

USED 70620 Ninjago City $350+Shipping buy-in $325(just trying to get rid of it quickly before I become more attached to it :)

NEW 21309 SV - $185(FS) buy-in $130(Great margin because the buyer lived 25 minutes away so shipping was $9 BUCKS!)

USED 40346 LEGOland theme park - $90(FS) buy-in $90.00

NEW 42585 Batman BHz - $36.99(FS) buy-in $11

NEW x2 75522 Mini Boost Commander for $120 TOTAL(FS) buy-in $10 of VIP points,(calculates to $40 an OUNCE of LEGO) I have to thank Brickpicker for bringing this set to my attention two weeks ago!

NEW 76052 Classic Batcave -$125(FS) buy-in $200(Pieced this set out and made $26 of total profit)

NEW 76105 Hulkbuster(big version) -$130+Shipping buy-in $86, Also a Prime day deal!

NEW 21313 Ship in Bottle - $90(FS) buy-in $55

Literally 1 HOUR LATER

NEW 21313 Ship in Bottle - $100(FS) buy-in $55

This morning

NEW 21314 TRON set $43(FS) buy-in $26(Just a heads-up Disney is adding a TRON ride to their Orlando location so could drive up sales later!)

All in all almost $3000 in sales, and with the sale of my LEGO 75522 Droid commander my business reached $1000 in profits on the 8th anniversary of my baby brother's passing. Thought that was kind of neat.

I know what u mean about the ninjago City set...tis an awesome set...just taking it apart made me not want to sell it (and I made triple buy-in)...so many cool stores/rooms..elevator..working vending machine...and the whole thing captures a classic asian-style "neighborhood"...goes great w/ other modulars as the "chinatown" sector w/ its unique look and feel...I wouldn't be surprised if it hits $1K someday.

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan

Selling heaps on normal avenues over the last couple of weeks, but some sets still weren't moving. So I decided to list some "bargains" on facebook (AKA crap sets taking up space and capital 🤐 ). People love buying retired sets below retail.

Finally got rid of my last Classic Batcave and Technic Air Race Jet. I didn't even lose money on them! Woo. Man they were stinkers... 🤢

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

Do you all have any guidelines about sets you won’t sell or not ready to give up? Maybe you think they will continue to gain value? Maybe it’s a set you really want to build yourself? You’re down to your last one? 

just generally curious how you all approach this. 

Fire Bike, never let go!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Do you all have any guidelines about sets you won’t sell or not ready to give up? Maybe you think they will continue to gain value? Maybe it’s a set you really want to build yourself? You’re down to your last one? 

just generally curious how you all approach this. 
You could ask 100 different people on here that question and literally get 100 different answers.

Like bricklegacy said, there are many different factors involved.

If you want to hold sets long term to try and get maximum value or if you want to make a quick 25% profit and reinvest. Or you could have a mixture somewhere between. Just depends on each person's strategy.

Also, remakes... certain sets are always going to get remade which will hurt the long term value of the older sets... Think Millennium Falcon, X-wing, Landspeeder... some sets seem to be immune from remakes affecting value like the grand carousel (or at least hold better than others), while other sets have the bottom drop out like Winter Village Toy Store, Frozen Ice Castle... if there is a good chance of it getting remade soon or you hear rumors of a remake sell asap.

It must be something psychological, but I find it much easier to sell a set when I still have several of them in storage. When I'm down to the last one it's getting significantly harder to sell it. Must be a kind of FOMO (Fear of Missing Out) where you're afraid the set might gain a lot in value after you've sold the last box, and you'll miss out on the profit. :P 

Don't know if others have this too or whether I'm unique in this sentiment. ;) 

• Like 5

Ninjago City NISB $539 +shipping ($170 buy-in), Carousel NISB $349+shipping ($170)
both I was reluctant to sell but i think I rather get the premium on the NISB and hunt for used later (for personal collection) when prices have come down....well at least that's the plan...I never break seals anymore.
I wouldn't hold your breath for prices to come back down. Personally I don't believe that will happen at all.
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:
3 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:
Ninjago City NISB $539 +shipping ($170 buy-in), Carousel NISB $349+shipping ($170)
both I was reluctant to sell but i think I rather get the premium on the NISB and hunt for used later (for personal collection) when prices have come down....well at least that's the plan...I never break seals anymore.

I wouldn't hold your breath for prices to come back down. Personally I don't believe that will happen at all.

Agreed. COVID has emptied a lot of inventory In a short time which will leave most prices higher than where they otherwise would have been, especially for in demand and rare sets like that. 

3 hours ago, jeff_14 said:

Agreed. COVID has emptied a lot of inventory In a short time which will leave most prices higher than where they otherwise would have been, especially for in demand and rare sets like that. 

and yet over 30 million unemployed in US (already unprecedented) and expected to get worse...MUCH WORSE...an economic GLOBAL downturn that is predicted to last years...not months.

folks will be selling used sets galore..

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan

6 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

and yet over 30 million unemployed in US (already unprecedented) and expected to get worse...MUCH WORSE...an economic GLOBAL downturn that is predicted to last years...not months.

folks will be selling used sets galore..

I am sure you are aware of this and it varies by state but in my state minimum wage workers $8.75/hr are now making $25/hr on unemployment with the $600/week CARES act supplement. So being unemployed has given many more disposable income with limited outlets to spend it. Savings are up, consumer debt is down and they are buying on eBay. 

I have yet to post on the site (first time caller, long time listener) but with more than a hundred sets (from 2012-2016) thought it was time to sell so my story thus far. Had no idea of the interest or demand, especially during the pandemic.  Initially thought of selling the lot (bad idea). Simply posted on Facebook/marketplace and seeking local buyers (though have shipped 2). Incredible amount of interest on DC Batman and Star Wars. Indeed, had 3 separate sales this morning totaling more than a $1,000. Likely could have made more on eBay (though no fees when in person)  but pleased to clean out the basement. Still have more than half that I have not posted (most remaining are higher ticket items or highly valued).  People I have met (social distancing) are incredibly thankful and generally nice people. They are getting a good deal but fortunately any money I make is not to feed the family—we will have some fun with it when the virus leaves (and my wife will be happy that our basement has been cleared out-except for the baseball cards).  

Edited by Jalan
  • Like 7

Yep, most anything from 1980 on can be used in my fire pit. A few cards here and there will bring you a few dollars but the Griffey card has long lost its value. Cards, though, bring memories, especially the Big Red Machine from the 70s.