What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 3 years later...

Been selling a lot on FB Marketplace locally, I noticed that after every transaction there is a prompt that asks if you sold on marketplace or elsewhere and for how much. What are the chances FB is collecting this info to report to IRS, send you a 1099 or otherwise? I usually choose the option that says "I'd rather not say" as I figure they have enough of my information

• Like 1

On 11/16/2019 at 12:20 PM, firstofminifigs said:

Been selling a lot on FB Marketplace locally, I noticed that after every transaction there is a prompt that asks if you sold on marketplace or elsewhere and for how much. What are the chances FB is collecting this info to report to IRS, send you a 1099 or otherwise? I usually choose the option that says "I'd rather not say" as I figure they have enough of my information emoji38.png

I am completely striking out on FB Marketplace.  What size sets are you selling there?  All I get is people asking if I'll taker $50 for a set I listed at $125

On 11/16/2019 at 12:20 PM, firstofminifigs said:

Been selling a lot on FB Marketplace locally, I noticed that after every transaction there is a prompt that asks if you sold on marketplace or elsewhere and for how much. What are the chances FB is collecting this info to report to IRS, send you a 1099 or otherwise? I usually choose the option that says "I'd rather not say" as I figure they have enough of my information emoji38.png

Chances of your scenario? Zero percent. You worried? 

They are simply collecting data on everyone and everything to sell. 

• Like 1

I am completely striking out on FB Marketplace.  What size sets are you selling there?  All I get is people asking if I'll taker $50 for a set I listed at $125
I've been bundling the "losers" that I've purchased at 50-90% off RRP for 10-20% below RRP. For smaller sets I'll bundle 2-4 together and for larger sets I'll throw in a smaller set or polybag. Themed polybag bundles do well priced at $3-5 each. Staying in the $15-$60 range seems to be the sweet spot.
  • Like 4

Sold my wife's copy of the 75192 UCS Falcon for $650 as the local listings were starting to get plentiful and I don't want to hold this forever since it's not retiring. A much worse return than the 2 hour hold, but still good enough for me.

I don't have a fancy bot, but I did have two browser windows. One tabbed town to the right button, and the other with a mouse over it. Smashed "enter" with the left hand, and clicked with the right in succession.

Edited by brickvoyeur
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...