What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 2 years later...
21 minutes ago, redghostx said:

I have sold many sets on CL during the pandemic and have taken PayPal gift, cash, and direct transfer. Doesn't matter to me because they can't take it back and sometimes add a few for delivery.

Some buyers don't want to go to to bank or handle cash; it's nice to give them options to relieve them of their money.

Cash, Cash App, Venmo, Paypal (ebay only), Zelle. I don't care I take them all.  I prefer Zelle because its guaranteed funds in my bank account, Venmo and Cash App, there is a small chance of getting defrauded but its really less than leaving the set on your porch and trusting the buyer to put the cash under the mat.

1 hour ago, zaphoid said:

Cash, Cash App, Venmo, Paypal (ebay only), Zelle. I don't care I take them all.  I prefer Zelle because its guaranteed funds in my bank account, Venmo and Cash App, there is a small chance of getting defrauded but its really less than leaving the set on your porch and trusting the buyer to put the cash under the mat.

Just learned about Zelle a few weeks ago, when I had a repeat buyer want to drop some cash on me for some UCS sets.  I was amazed to see the deposit show up in my checking account moments after he sent it.  Certainly good enough for me to hand them over for an in person transaction.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

appreciate all the insight and thoughts around this. 

i just get nervous, even using F&F. Has anyone encountered a bogus account? or they have it linked to a bad credit card? 

what about asking for payment to clear first? (think this is a day or two turnaround) 

You are the seller right? Nobody said you need to complete this transaction. If driving 30 mins each way and doing this through Paypal makes you uncomfortable, just tell the prospective buyer that you won't do it. There will be another customer.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Phil B said:

You are the seller right? Nobody said you need to complete this transaction. If driving 30 mins each way and doing this through Paypal makes you uncomfortable, just tell the prospective buyer that you won't do it. There will be another customer.

nope. nobody is twisting my arm. i seem to be talking myself out of this one. 

think i'll stick with cash. appreciate everyone's thoughts. 

3 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Just learned about Zelle a few weeks ago, when I had a repeat buyer want to drop some cash on me for some UCS sets.  I was amazed to see the deposit show up in my checking account moments after he sent it.  Certainly good enough for me to hand them over for an in person transaction.

Zelle was developed by the tier 1 banks as a faster payment method, it's immediate guaranteed funds if your bank participates..

Sold a Palace Cinema (open box, sealed bags) - the seals had stretched so I just opened it up lest anyone think it had been tampered with.  Buy in $95, sold for $305 + shipping.

My best was a lot of sealed bags I purchased for $20 ended up being a Brick Bank + one extra sealed bag for a Ninjago Movie Strider set.  I purchased a new instructions + I had a new tan base plate ($5).  So for roughly $30 invested I sold it new, sealed bags, no box for $345 + shipping.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3190018_75054Invoice.thumb.PNG.591eb89fd3aac490fe0ee925a7839e82.PNGNow that the new AT-AT is coming out this fall I decided to sell my sealed 75054. I was planning on eventually building it but I couldn't pass up selling it for $325 on ebay, especially since I paid for it using TRU rewards back in 2015.

• Like 1

Took advantage of FBM price surge to unload some dead weight sets that turned out to be not so dead weight now. Have not gone hard with listing stuff with work still being busy but still nice profits on these:

10240 red five for $394 x4

10218 Pet Shop for $342 x3

10232 Palace Cinema for $350 x5

Also sold:

Last 75919 Indominus Rex Breakout for $457

75105 Millennium Falcon for $330

42030 Volvo L350F for $421 x2

42043 Mercedes Aroc for $430

42047 CRawler Crane for $450

75155 U Wing for $190 x2

• Like 4

3 hours ago, micbelt said:

Took advantage of FBM price surge to unload some dead weight sets that turned out to be not so dead weight now. Have not gone hard with listing stuff with work still being busy but still nice profits on these:

10240 red five for $394 x4

10218 Pet Shop for $342 x3

10232 Palace Cinema for $350 x5

Also sold:

Last 75919 Indominus Rex Breakout for $457

75105 Millennium Falcon for $330

42030 Volvo L350F for $421 x2

42043 Mercedes Aroc for $430

42047 CRawler Crane for $450

75155 U Wing for $190 x2

The difference between Amazon prices and Bricklink prices is mind boggling...

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, oneknightr said:

Was that through Amazon??

eBay. 
Also just sold a used 9525 without the Pre Vizsla for $140. I remember stacks of these on sale at the lego store May 4th 2014 they couldn’t give them away. It only took 6 years and a TV show and this thing is $250 new. 

17 minutes ago, fourkidsbuilding said:

75020 jabba's sail barge for $298.99 shipped on ebay..

Nice. I still have 2 of those left guess I will have to dig them out. 

AF9AB151-3456-46D1-B360-B38E8AEC9456.jpeg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, oneknightr said:

Was that through Amazon??

I’m seeing sold on eBay going for over $200. The Enterprise bridge goes for over $200. Amazon regularly had this set for $50 back in 2016.  Pretty good return for non-Lego. 

10 hours ago, Mathew said:

I’m seeing sold on eBay going for over $200. The Enterprise bridge goes for over $200. Amazon regularly had this set for $50 back in 2016.  Pretty good return for non-Lego. 

Just wait until the buyers complain that a bunch pieces are missing.

13 minutes ago, micbelt said:

Few more sales last night:

72102 Poe's X-Wing x1 for $192

75104 Kylo Ren's x1 Shuttle for $162

60052 Cargo Train x1 for $389

75155 U-Wing x1 for $190

I cannot believe the difference on that poe price from amazon to ebay. MMMMMMAJOR difference. 

I guess I should expect some drop shipping offers soon.

• Like 2

Nexo Knights 70362 Battle Suit Clay for $49 cost was $3 TRU 70% clearance

a used built Mint Wall-e with box and instructions $189 only $30 less than a new one on eBay 

I can’t believe some of the prices on used architechture sets I was looking up some of mine last night will need to dust them off. 

• Like 2