What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 2 years later...

Ditto. Sales are good the past week. 

Sold 2 big Red 5s - 10240   $300

Lego Forma - 81000   $189

Durham Cathedral - $269

Olivia's House (open box) $109

Micro Diagon Alley 40289 - $75

Desert Skiff Escape 75174 - $47

Venice 21026 - $159

Beauty and Beast Brickheadz - $30

Elvenstar Tree Bat Attack 41196 - $80

Technic Drag Racer 42050 - $115

• Like 1

Dozens of late series elves on FBA. So long Goblin Village and goofy airship.

I hope it's not gouging to sell a certain 4.99 set for $35+ but they're flying.

Next decision is to start MF or start listing the eBay dented death pile.

Sales have been awesome on craigslist and facebook.  I'm even moving my dusty T1s for profit!!

People are very good at social distancing for sales too.  I open the trunk and stand back.  They toss in the cash and take the sets.  Gets rid of the small talk weirdness too.

• Like 6

I'm posting these items not a brag but as useful information. As a small Ebay seller my last two weeks sales are my best ever. I decided to put a bunch of stuff for sale, with the virus thing going on. Also, I listed everything for above average selling prices. Everything is selling. Especially Minecraft.   

75881 Speed Champions 2016 Ford GT & 1966 Ford GT40 - 85.99

Minecraft The Farm Cottage 21144 - 129.99 (This sold in less than ten hours)

• Like 2

Someone asked me for a deal on the 10247 Ferris Wheel and 10257 Carousel together on a local auction site. I gave him a deal at $318US each, and now he wants to buy all the stock I have of those sets (total 6 more) at the same price. Average buy-in was $148. 

Sure, maybe I could sell them all between now and Christmas for up to ~$370, but selling the lot of 8 at once for $2544 with no fees is pretty worthwhile in my books :)

The same guy also interested in buying my 4 Brick Banks and a bunch of other sets... Fingers crossed!

• Like 5

People have money burning a hole in their pocket.  Rather than beefing up the 401k temporarily and buying some stock, they're buying toys.  I'm loving the cash income right now!  Ready to put more into the market if we have another big down day.

I sold two used Technic sets to a guy for $250 cash, and he told me he had just gotten laid off from his tow truck driving job. 

Sold a 21030 United States Capitol Building last friday for $150 Free ship, $70 buy-in

And today sold a 21311 Voltron to a kid that was celebrating  his 15th b-day for $225 FS, $155 Buy-in

I listed the Voltron and in 3 days sold after receiving 20+offers.

10 hours ago, rpaulson7 said:

People have money burning a hole in their pocket.  Rather than beefing up the 401k temporarily and buying some stock, they're buying toys.  I'm loving the cash income right now!  Ready to put more into the market if we have another big down day.

I sold two used Technic sets to a guy for $250 cash, and he told me he had just gotten laid off from his tow truck driving job. 

I think some of it is regional

I know the CL in the SF Bay Area has been pretty static (maybe the shelter-in-place is also a culprit)

47 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

It's happening.

and we all know who's saying..."Ooooh YEAH!"

Almost didn't buy a US capitol but everyone here was buying them, and I was like with elections next year maybe I should buy one! wish I would have bought 10+ but I can't complain, made $30 for like a 4 month hold. I'm a younger seller and have another job so this is more on the side. Don't exactly have the cash to buy several of one set, a little too risky for me putting all my eggs in one basket. Only set I went big on was 75932(JP raptor escape) with 10(4 sold) and 6 of the 80103(Chinese boat) (2 sold already)

• Like 1

I'm definitely seeing a mix of spending reactions. There are a huge number of people holding cash tightly right now. But I think the fact that some stores aren't processing orders online means a much bigger demand on those who can. And I'm gladly making the most of it!

Ended up selling that one person a total of 6 Carousels, 3 Brick Banks, 2 Mini Coopers and a Ferris wheel, along witch a bunch of CMFs. Crazy.

Then another person came along a brought a Brick Bank, Parisian Restaurant, and even purchased my personal Grand emporium, Palace Cinema, and Detectives office. 

Some people are throwing money left right and center trying to cure their boredom. I'm almost finding it amusing!

The last week has been better than December for me. $10k turnover ($5,800US) in a week!
At about 100% margin after fees. Unheard of! :D 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MrSam said:

I'm definitely seeing a mix of spending reactions. There are a huge number of people holding cash tightly right now. But I think the fact that some stores aren't processing orders online means a much bigger demand on those who can. And I'm gladly making the most of it!

Ended up selling that one person a total of 6 Carousels, 3 Brick Banks, 2 Mini Coopers and a Ferris wheel, along witch a bunch of CMFs. Crazy.

Then another person came along a brought a Brick Bank, Parisian Restaurant, and even purchased my personal Grand emporium, Palace Cinema, and Detectives office. 

Some people are throwing money left right and center trying to cure their boredom. I'm almost finding it amusing!

The last week has been better than December for me. $10k turnover ($5,800US) in a week!
At about 100% margin after fees. Unheard of! :D 

The greater demand is definitely driving up prices.  Do folks think these prices will hold, regress back to prices a month ago, or drop well below those levels?

2 minutes ago, seapotato said:

Listed my Pet Shop and it sold for $475.95 (CAD). Had to pay $72.88 in fees and $43.84 in shipping 😩 Paid $223.99 (retail price) for the set. Still walked away with $135.24 in profit, which is something I guess.

Nice. I was happy to net $100 last fall on that one

Just Sold Used Complete Star Wars Ghost & Phantom $300 on EBay.  Minus fees and $12 Shipping, I pocket $145

Ofcourse gotta factor in the "Labor" of building these w/ my boy (I made a stand and had it on display for a year or so) and then him later breaking it down and having to apply his math by figuring how much he gets if Daddy promises him 30% of the profits...nothing like Home schooling with real economics

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, redghostx said:
7 hours ago, seapotato said:
Listed my Pet Shop and it sold for $475.95 (CAD). Had to pay $72.88 in fees and $43.84 in shipping emoji30.png Paid $223.99 (retail price) for the set. Still walked away with $135.24 in profit, which is something I guess.

On the bay or az

Az. I don't think anyone would pay that much on ebay lol 

• Like 1

Lot of 2 USED sets: Star Wars Heavy Assault Walker and Defense of Crait: $208.60 Ebay Auction which include tax and shipping.

I paid well below this when I purchased the sets new a year ago ($89 walker and $35 for Defense Crait); Again there were intangible "Labor" and "Storing cost": both sets were built by my boy who re-created the battle from the movie and then proudly displayed the sets on the shelf for the past few months. he then broke them both down for re-sell so he can move on to another set.

To me personally, THIS...seems to be how the love of LEGO and the hobby leveraged with resell should be. He knows we can't keep them all and there's limited shelf space..only the most choice sets are "keepers".

I know many of you are moving pallets...just a reminder to enjoy "the product" once in awhile. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Lot of 2 USED sets: Star Wars Heavy Assault Walker and Defense of Crait: $208.60 Ebay Auction which include tax and shipping.

I paid well below this when I purchased the sets new a year ago ($89 walker and $35 for Defense Crait); Again there were intangible "Labor" and "Storing cost": both sets were built by my boy who re-created the battle from the movie and then proudly displayed the sets on the shelf for the past few months. he then broke them both down for re-sell so he can move on to another set.

To me personally, THIS...seems to be how the love of LEGO and the hobby leveraged with resell should be. He knows we can't keep them all and there's limited shelf space..only the most choice sets are "keepers".

I know many of you are moving pallets...just a reminder to enjoy "the product" once in awhile. 

But what about Fenengi Rule of Acquisition 420 - Don’t get high on your own supply!