What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 9 years later...

This week I sold

Harry Potter Chamber of winged key, and the Sorting hat and the Forbidden Forest sets all new in box.

The retired Ambulance and last night I sold the retired Police Station.

I got 43-48% profit on each of these so I am happy...can't get that at a bank....all on Kijiji so no delivery/fees/etc, love that!!

I have a couple Mission to Mars and Mars Rovers I am trying to sell without luck so far, might have to ebay those.

My Craigslist listings have been picking up with the holiday season here. Today I sold a wampa cave for $60 (paid $37), and a republic star fighter for $40 (paid $17.50). Not huge deals by any means, but NO FEES OR SHIPPING!! YAY! Pure profit after cost. I wish I would get more bites off of Craigslist than I do. For every 30 sales I make on eBay I get 1 off of Craig's. Oh well.

Just finished building the 100% complete w/ box Queen Anne's Revenge (4185) I picked up for $40.  This should be a "what LEGO do I want to sell?" thread.  My son told me to flip it and get him an AT-TE and Republic Gunship.  Of course, now after he sees it put together, he wants me to keep it.  What to do? What to do?

I already have a couple AT-TE and Republic Gunship packed away after Black Friday, but he doesn't need to know that.

I am taking Emazer's advice and pre-boxing all my lego from now on.  Sold 19 (mostly large) sets in last 24 hours and it sucks! Finding boxes, packing and addressing.  I use all recycled materials, which is cheap and eco-friendly---but very hard finding the exact box I need in Mt. Box---down in my basement.  I can't believe  how fast things are selling.   I am a long termer....but decided to "flip"  a bunch of things that I bought cheap, and can replace easy in 6 months.

We needed the space for our Christmas tree!

Top tip....most of you probably know this, but I didn't and just  learned today.  Usps will pick up your packages as long as one is priority.  I always thought they all had to be.  Wish I knew that before.   Scheduled pick up online...much easier than lugging all these things to the post office.

Just finished building the 100% complete w/ box Queen Anne's Revenge (4185) I picked up for $40.  This should be a "what LEGO do I want to sell?" thread.  My son told me to flip it and get him an AT-TE and Republic Gunship.  Of course, now after he sees it put together, he wants me to keep it.  What to do? What to do?

I already have a couple AT-TE and Republic Gunship packed away after Black Friday, but he doesn't need to know that.

Here's the solution:

Keep the QAR

Buy AT-TE tomorrow

Buy Rep. Gunship the day AFTER tomorrow....(if we are still alive)

• Like 1

I am taking Emazer's advice and pre-boxing all my lego from now on.  Sold 19 (mostly large) sets in last 24 hours and it sucks! Finding boxes, packing and addressing.  I use all recycled materials, which is cheap and eco-friendly---but very hard finding the exact box I need in Mt. Box---down in my basement.  I can't believe  how fast things are selling.   I am a long termer....but decided to "flip"  a bunch of things that I bought cheap, and can replace easy in 6 months.

We needed the space for our Christmas tree!

Top tip....most of you probably know this, but I didn't and just  learned today.  Usps will pick up your packages as long as one is priority.  I always thought they all had to be.  Wish I knew that before.   Scheduled pick up online...much easier than lugging all these things to the post office.

Yeah pre-boxing is awesome - definitely helps and you can stack things easier as well.

I wish every month was december - things sell a lot quicker. lol

Here's the solution:

Keep the QAR

Buy AT-TE tomorrow

Buy Rep. Gunship the day AFTER tomorrow....(if we are still alive)

Make sure you have your snow suit on.

Top tip....most of you probably know this, but I didn't and just learned today. Usps will pick up your packages as long as one is priority. I always thought they all had to be. Wish I knew that before. Scheduled pick up online...much easier than lugging all these things to the post office.

I use to use FedEx and UPS daily for pickups (selling on stubhub). Doesn't UPS charge a fee for pickups (regardless how many items)? I know FedEx doesn't as long as 1 package is Express.

Update : Ignore. You typed USPS. Yes, USPS is great for free pickups.

Sales over the last 7 days (Numbers in parenthases are my take home after fees and shipping):

Decorating the Tree 40058  14.49 (10.80)

Iron Man Drone Poly x 15  12.50 each (8.20)

Battle of Helms Deep x2    189.99 each (154.60)

Urak-hai x1   54.48 (43.32)

Series 10 Minifigure Blind Bag x14  8.95 each (5.19) In this case, when multiples were purchased, there was more like $6-7 take home each.

Razcal Glider x2  18.00 each (12.84)

B-Wing x2  232.00 each  (189.55)

Stephanie's Bakery x6 16.50 each (11.56)

Technic Mini Offroader x18  22.00 each (16.51)

Lake Town Chase x2   90.00 each  (73.66)

Tanker Truck x4  24.94 each (18.21)

Hobbit Wargs  40.00  (31.01)

Fire Boat Poly 30220 19.50 (14.15)

Lego Arch. Willis Tower  43.00  (34.09)

Chima CHI Bowling x2 15.50 each (10.71)

Hoth Echo Base LE  106.00  (84.35)

Vampyre Hearse x5  52.50 each (41.63)

Friend Advent Calendar  49.00  (39.19)

Gatehouse Raid   32.50   (24.63)

A-wing  24.00   (17.49)

Minecraft 21102   70.00   (57.04)

Heartlake Stables  85.00  (66.50)

Vampyre Castle x4  130.00 each (103.99)

Log Cabin x3  40.00 each (30.63)

Minifigure Collector's Box (TRU Freebie)  x2  24.00 each (17.41)

Clone Trooper Battle Pack 9488 x5  18.00 each (12.84)

Dino Ocean Interceptor x3  60.00 each (48.01)

Forest Ambush x2  18.00 each  (12.84)

Technic Mini Tow Truck  22.00 each  (16.24)

Jedi Defender Cruiser x6  125.00 each (100.18)

Technic Mini Backhoe x2 50.00 each (39.51)

Endor REbel Trooper Battlepacks 9489 x2 20.00 each (14.54) 

Chima Ewar Polybag  10.99  (6.92)

Friends Fawn' Forest  9.89  (7.42)

• Like 2