What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 8 years later...

Sales over the last 7 days (Numbers in parenthases are my take home after fees and shipping):

Decorating the Tree 40058  14.49 (10.80)

Iron Man Drone Poly x 15  12.50 each (8.20)

Battle of Helms Deep x2    189.99 each (154.60)

Urak-hai x1   54.48 (43.32)

Series 10 Minifigure Blind Bag x14  8.95 each (5.19) In this case, when multiples were purchased, there was more like $6-7 take home each.

Razcal Glider x2  18.00 each (12.84)

B-Wing x2  232.00 each  (189.55)

Stephanie's Bakery x6 16.50 each (11.56)

Technic Mini Offroader x18  22.00 each (16.51)

Lake Town Chase x2   90.00 each  (73.66)

Tanker Truck x4  24.94 each (18.21)

Hobbit Wargs  40.00  (31.01)

Fire Boat Poly 30220 19.50 (14.15)

Lego Arch. Willis Tower  43.00  (34.09)

Chima CHI Bowling x2 15.50 each (10.71)

Hoth Echo Base LE  106.00  (84.35)

Vampyre Hearse x5  52.50 each (41.63)

Friend Advent Calendar  49.00  (39.19)

Gatehouse Raid   32.50   (24.63)

A-wing  24.00   (17.49)

Minecraft 21102   70.00   (57.04)

Heartlake Stables  85.00  (66.50)

Vampyre Castle x4  130.00 each (103.99)

Log Cabin x3  40.00 each (30.63)

Minifigure Collector's Box (TRU Freebie)  x2  24.00 each (17.41)

Clone Trooper Battle Pack 9488 x5  18.00 each (12.84)

Dino Ocean Interceptor x3  60.00 each (48.01)

Forest Ambush x2  18.00 each  (12.84)

Technic Mini Tow Truck  22.00 each  (16.24)

Jedi Defender Cruiser x6  125.00 each (100.18)

Technic Mini Backhoe x2 50.00 each (39.51)

Endor REbel Trooper Battlepacks 9489 x2 20.00 each (14.54) 

Chima Ewar Polybag  10.99  (6.92)

Friends Fawn' Forest  9.89  (7.42)

Your an FBA seller I assume? I may have to try that out. Astounding to me that People overpay for sets like this.

At that, I would just be buying Jedi Defenders on sale at TRU and selling them at Amazon.

The price for Jedi Defenders is up to $150 now.

Also, in the same boat, I thought TRU had the exlcusive on Technic? That might be going away, Amazon US is selling the Tracked Crane!

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Technic-Tracked-Crane-9391/dp/B005VPRG9C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1386778215&sr=8-1&keywords=lego+tracked+crane

But as far as I can tell, that's the only Technic item I see Amazon carrying themselves. What gives?

If it's an exclusive product to TRU, Walmart, Target, or Lego Store, it sells for a premium on Amazon. Also, once Amazon sells out, it's open season, no holds barred. Sold those TRU $8 sets for $18 to $20 for a modest profit of $4.84 each (a 60.5% ROI) and the SW Battlepacks I got from Walmart when they were having that e-gift card deal, I daisy chained them so I only paid $10 for the first one and $5 for every one after that. Once Amazon sold out, they shot up fast to $20 each where I priced mine, over night. Otherwise, I'd have raised my prices. Battle packs are still selling on Amazon at $20-21 each. $14.54 on an initial $5.30 investment is 274% ROI. I only wish I'd bought more!

I agree. This sucks selling on ebay lately. 4 unpaids. 2 idiots said they never hit the buy button. 1 said they didn't want it after I shipped it, and one no response. Learned my lesson...going to change it so they must pay immediately

And now...for the latest 2 things that have me bitter. One guy messaged me he was missing the motor in the box-- on his Grand Prix racer and wants me to send him one so his kid can have it for Christmas. I wasn't sure what to say...hmmm. Call lego and ask them? Then I was thinking.....what if he opened it up and took the motor out. Then it occurs to me...if this is a gift...why is he opening it to see if the motor is there. So I was thinking maybe you can tell by shaking it? So I grabbed one, and was reading it....it doesn't even come with a motor! It says sold separately. I messaged him that...but he said no...it is supposed to be included and wants to return the open set. Ugh!

So I was contemplating my next move, and not believing someone is so dumb they don't understand not included--even after it's pointed out...and my email rings. Another complaint. Wtf!? Someone with a technic copter...yes...you guessed it. Where is my motor?! I explained to the lady in an email that it's not included and she said yes it is, there is a pic on the box of it. I messaged back that is says sold separate, and wrote back--no--should have it and wants a refund and is returning it opened. Wtf!? Good grief madam.

I am getting really pissed off here. Really pissed off. Now I just got an email that someone wants a refund because I shipped her package to wrong state, that I wrote her zipcode wrong. Interesting since I only print labels. Although...this one appears to have a valid point and might be right! How the hell do I fix this!? Go to post office and ask? Nobody answers the phone--already tried. Ugh!

I feel like I am ready to cry. Not joking

What do you folks make of that tracking? It was correct until the very last entry. The one that matters!

Another 20 packages shipped tonight...I am exhausted. More mentally than physical after this emotional roller coaster!

Dear willy,

Dear this week i get in my hands the item i bought and doesnt came inside the LEGO BOX THE MOTOR....to be more clear i am talking about lego 8293...how we are going to solve this problem?....i hope you prompt comments and actions....i need it in ARGENTINA before christmas....i iam no going to go to USA again.....i am complete upset about this....please help me to solve this issue

regards

- sergcarnck

Dear willy,

hi I checked this

post-14194-0-53206200-1386895662_thumb.j

post-14194-0-63542500-1386896058_thumb.j

Are you fellas charging 20% restocking fees on returns? I do on eBay. I know it won't make a diff when it reaches Resolution Status but at least, it makes buyers think twice about bidding on my auctions or acting like moronic buyers.

By the way, we do have the eBay Fruitcakes thread that have all sorts of stories. eBay went all downhill after sellers weren't allowed to leave negative feedback. I'm still mad about that.

• Like 2

I agree. This sucks selling on ebay lately. 4 unpaids. 2 idiots said they never hit the buy button. 1 said they didn't want it after I shipped it, and one no response. Learned my lesson...going to change it so they must pay immediately

And now...for the latest 2 things that have me bitter. One guy messaged me he was missing the motor in the box-- on his Grand Prix racer and wants me to send him one so his kid can have it for Christmas. I wasn't sure what to say...hmmm. Call lego and ask them? Then I was thinking.....what if he opened it up and took the motor out. Then it occurs to me...if this is a gift...why is he opening it to see if the motor is there. So I was thinking maybe you can tell by shaking it? So I grabbed one, and was reading it....it doesn't even come with a motor! It says sold separately. I messaged him that...but he said no...it is supposed to be included and wants to return the open set. Ugh!

So I was contemplating my next move, and not believing someone is so dumb they don't understand not included--even after it's pointed out...and my email rings. Another complaint. Wtf!? Someone with a technic copter...yes...you guessed it. Where is my motor?! I explained to the lady in an email that it's not included and she said yes it is, there is a pic on the box of it. I messaged back that is says sold separate, and wrote back--no--should have it and wants a refund and is returning it opened. Wtf!? Good grief madam.

I am getting really pissed off here. Really pissed off. Now I just got an email that someone wants a refund because I shipped her package to wrong state, that I wrote her zipcode wrong. Interesting since I only print labels. Although...this one appears to have a valid point and might be right! How the hell do I fix this!? Go to post office and ask? Nobody answers the phone--already tried. Ugh!

What do you folks make of that tracking? It was correct until the very last entry. The one that matters!

Another 20 packages shipped tonight...I am exhausted. More mentally than physical after this emotional roller coaster!

Dear willy,

Dear this week i get in my hands the item i bought and doesnt came inside the LEGO BOX THE MOTOR....to be more clear i am talking about lego 8293...how we are going to solve this problem?....i hope you prompt comments and actions....i need it in ARGENTINA before christmas....i iam no going to go to USA again.....i am complete upset about this....please help me to solve this issue

regards

- sergcarnck

Dear willy,

hi I checked this

Believe me I feel your pain - Christmas time is why. Its better other times.

Seriously though - I average about 5 unpaid items a month. Right now I have 17 items waiting on payment. Its annoying. I send invoices, remainders, etc. but doesn't help.

As far as the returns, people are just plain stupid. If you make a mistake, fine, just own up to it. I had someone buy a Jedi Cruiser and then ***** at me about how it didn't have minifigures. Showed them the listing and they asked for a return. I said thats fine. Then they bitched I wouldn't send a return label. Um... it was your fault?

On top of that, they kept wording things like I needed to resolve this mistake. Just own up to the fact you didn't read the listing.

Then had someone get a package today and said it was opened and everything taken out. Grrr.

As far as your problems - the first two Ebay would most likely rule in your favor, but returns make it so they can just send it back. Sucks, but how it is.

As far as the shipping - I have had that happen a bunch of times. It must be regional, but the people at my USPS and the distribution center in Birmingham Alabama couldn't poor water out of a boot with instructions on the heel. Freakin morons. And they aren't held accountable for anything so why would they try?

Sorry that's happening to you guys.  This sounds all crazy to me!?!?!?  USPS is sending packages to the wrong states?  People saying there's no motor after you open a Lego set?  This is not Amazon or Walmart that you can open the box, loot the goodies and return it.  WTF, that really grinds my gears.  As far as return policy, I write in buyer pays return shipping and seal and unopened for return and never had a problem (knock on wood).  It probably turns people away for the most part.  Is that what you guys state in your return policy?  

Dear willy,

regards

- sergcarnck

Dear willy,

hi I checked this

I am starting to wonder about the mis delivery. Obviously post office screwd up....I believe it went for delivery at 9 am in correct state...and delivered after noon in correct state. No way it went that far in 3 hrs!

That person is full of sh*t.  It obviously made it to the correct location and the postal employee entered the wrong zip at final location so it showed the wrong delivery.  It doesn't go out for delivery in the correct city and then magically travel to another state later in the afternoon.  If the address on her paypal is the address you sent to, I don't believe you are at fault.  On the other two, I would tell them to piss off as well, especially if they opened the boxes. Who opens boxes that are going to be presents?

Ouch willy, rough week. 

On all cases I would not budge. Politely again explain it to all the buyers, especially the ones who opened them, that you described everything accurately. 

The one with the delivery confirmation is easy. Tell them that post office said it was a glitch.

Let us know how this shakes out. Christmas can be rough selling. I used to go all out selling but I actually cut back this time of year a few years ago due to the extra stress that is not needed by idiot buyers on eBay.   

Sold 4 Dolphin Cruisers today.

Same here. Started with 9 total (10 actually but I am saving one for my daughter), and I am down to one left. Ive been getting $112 shipped each. I paid $56 for each of them, and have been making $30 profit on each one. Darn good item that I've only had since summer when I bought them. I can't wait until after the holidays so I can stock up again on these bad boys (or should I say girls?) for next year.

Same here. Started with 9 total (10 actually but I am saving one for my daughter), and I am down to one left. Ive been getting $112 shipped each. I paid $56 for each of them, and have been making $30 profit on each one. Darn good item that I've only had since summer when I bought them. I can't wait until after the holidays so I can stock up again on these bad boys (or should I say girls?) for next year.

so what so special about the dolphin cruiser? how come there are a high demands for these?

so if I get a chance to stock up on these, are they gonna be as popular next holiday season?

or there will probably be something else next year?

I just never keep up with the children markets, assuming most of the time parents are getting these for their kids.

so what so special about the dolphin cruiser? how come there are a high demands for these?

so if I get a chance to stock up on these, are they gonna be as popular next holiday season?

or there will probably be something else next year?

I just never keep up with the children markets, assuming most of the time parents are getting these for their kids.

They are a hot Christmas item right now because the demand is huge and the supply is short. Go to any big box retailer right now and look at their friends section. Not only will they be out of dolphin cruisers, they probably won't have any friends sets left at all. The friends line is the only lego line for girls, and is extremely popular. At this point you probably won't be able to find any, let alone at a price to make decent profit on. I bought mine this past summer during various bogo sales. I think the demand next year will be just as good, but who knows if lego will increase their production or not. I would think they would.

That is what I thought about minecraft. I was wrong.

Sold another 30 packages today so far...averaging about 25 sales a day the last week. This is nuts. I am making almost nothing...but not losing either...probably breaking even. I need to rethink my shipping strategy. When I offered free shipping I was planning in an even distribution, but my sales seem to come from across the country...nearly every one of them! Taking a bath on shipping fees...between that and my wrong decision to recycle boxes. Many times I have used a box that was too big and had to pay too much shipping. Just going to let my season fizzle down now...it was great.

I am nearly at my new ebay monthly selling limit of 9k. I'll need to get that increased for next year. I really wasn't expecting to make much this year...and certainly was t planning on selling so much....but I got carried away! So much fun selling and pack/ship....I like to be in motion. I should have bumped prices 10 bucks and sold half as much. This was a learning year...been amassing for 2 years..and just started dabbling in selling in June. This learning cost me some money, but I am ready for next year now! I don't mind paying for education. I get more out of it, than just taking a spoon feed on the web, and running with everyone else's ideas.

As far as sales today, technic small sets, wolverines, chess, anything and everything friends, batcaves, technic helicopters, and urakhai armies.