What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 9 years later...

Man, not sure what the ceiling is on that Hogwarts. $500? $600 in a couple of years?

Its possible. THe first couple were way worse than this one and they went over 300$. I am thinking $400 - $450 but there isn't a ceiling  - especially if there aren't more.

God imagine if this set wasn't the 4th remake - what would it have done?

ON another note:

The other day I bought a $111 4184 Black Pearl Used on Ebay. Listed it today - sold in 15 minutes at $179.99. Easiest 50 bucks ever!

Its possible. THe first couple were way worse than this one and they went over 300$. I am thinking $400 - $450 but there isn't a ceiling - especially if there aren't more.

God imagine if this set wasn't the 4th remake - what would it have done?

ON another note:

The other day I bought a $111 4184 Black Pearl Used on Ebay. Listed it today - sold in 15 minutes at $179.99. Easiest 50 bucks ever!

Easier than the Technic Grand Prix Racer? :)

Guest brickcrazyhouse

Sold Mr. Gold on eBay for $710 to a guy in Germany. Found him at Walmart in Chicago. 

I know you had some concerns about the sale, having 0 feedback.  any update

Potter chamber of secrets. Misb for 249 shipped. 2 crawlers to Hong Kong for 450 each..sent them to a freight forwarding house for him at my expense--about $30 for both. I have sold this buyer 6 crawlers now in the last month.

The crawlers are cut and dry--as funds were wired. No paypalbay. So received 435 each. The potter...maybe I'll get 200 after fees and shipping. Had it listed at 279, 69,59 and finally 49. Could have waited for more...but I need to move the old stuff to make room for new. Crawlers I love...but I still have 8 left now. I only plan to keep 2 or 4 long term. Rest are getting sold.

Crawlers cost me ~250 each from tru---and the potter I bought in a huge lot of nos...for 90.

Also sold a few mini figures and took a loss on them. I am done with figures. I have 400 or so to list. Going to break them into lots and sell off that way. No way am I spending time to list them individually... I sold a red riding hood for 3 bucks plus shipping at auction...then packed it up, printed a label and dropped it in the post. What a foolish way to make money. I felt like a complete idiot doing all that work to make (Lose) a few bucks. Paid a buck for it in a huge lot of 150 cmfs for 150.

I am also done with auctions. Never again.

Where oh where are the brickafieds!?

I can't be the only one sickened every month at the eBay/paypal bill for 200 bucks. I would much rather be writing smaller checks to a better cause---our favorite site/owners. If the brickafieds don't start soon, I am moving part of my show to brick link. Please don't make me do it!

That site brings back horrible memories of the web programming/HTML courses I failed as electives in engineering school! Back in 98!

Potter chamber of secrets. Misb for 249 shipped. 2 crawlers to Hong Kong for 450 each..sent them to a freight forwarding house for him at my expense--about $30 for both. I have sold this buyer 6 crawlers now in the last month.

The crawlers are cut and dry--as funds were wired. No paypalbay. So received 435 each. The potter...maybe I'll get 200 after fees and shipping. Had it listed at 279, 69,59 and finally 49. Could have waited for more...but I need to move the old stuff to make room for new. Crawlers I love...but I still have 8 left now. I only plan to keep 2 or 4 long term. Rest are getting sold.

Crawlers cost me ~250 each from tru---and the potter I bought in a huge lot of nos...for 90.

Also sold a few mini figures and took a loss on them. I am done with figures. I have 400 or so to list. Going to break them into lots and sell off that way. No way am I spending time to list them individually... I sold a red riding hood for 3 bucks plus shipping at auction...then packed it up, printed a label and dropped it in the post. What a foolish way to make money. I felt like a complete idiot doing all that work to make (Lose) a few bucks. Paid a buck for it in a huge lot of 150 cmfs for 150.

I am also done with auctions. Never again.

Where oh where are the brickafieds!?

I can't be the only one sickened every month at the eBay/paypal bill for 200 bucks. I would much rather be writing smaller checks to a better cause---our favorite site/owners. If the brickafieds don't start soon, I am moving part of my show to brick link. Please don't make me do it!

That site brings back horrible memories of the web programming/HTML courses I failed as electives in engineering school! Back in 98!

Heh my Ebay bill this month is already at $1100 - like paying taxes, sucks.

I do figures. Its definitely work, but you can make money at it. I just don't use auctions and I encourage people to buy multiples. Those are the best - when someone buys 20. But you have to like doing it - its too much work to not.

I have gotten the packaging down now so its not too bad.

On the figures...do you print small labels...or cut down the normal eBay label. What a pain in the donkey. Cutting the prepaid postage label to fit the small padded mailer, trying to tape it on there with packaging tape. What a hassle---all that to lose a couple bucks.

I got excited when I saw the figures going for 4 or 5 bucks/free shipping. Listed mine (I have 10 riding hoods) to start at a buck and 2 buck shipping. It went for 3 so I got 5. Well...ebay pal took 70 cents post office took 2 fitty plus the cost of the mailer paper and ink... So cleared 1.50 on a fig I paid a buck for. So if I added the time it took me to get the stock, shoot 2 pics and list it, time to pack it up, print postage and labels, and drop off at post......

Like I said....I must suck at it...so I am done with it. Ill stick to what I am good at.

Actually, The funny thing is I started this after reading you and fbcbarc doing this even at a loss to get feedbacks up. I forgot about that until just now...and why are we doing this again....to get 1% off fvv? Or was that the store? If they both only give you 1% off fees Ill open the store.

I must be close to power seller now anyways. I'll have to read that blog you wrote. Been on eBay for 15 Years now, about 400 feedbacks. 100% still and have been selling avg 2k a month for the last 4 months.

Like I said....I must suck at it...so I am done with it. Ill stick to what I am good at.

Actually, The funny thing is I started this after reading you and fbcbarc doing this even at a loss to get feedbacks up. I forgot about that until just now...and why are we doing this again....to get 1% off fvv? Or was that the store? If they both only give you 1% off fees Ill open the store.

I must be close to power seller now anyways. I'll have to read that blog you wrote. Been on eBay for 15 Years now, about 400 feedbacks. 100% still and have been selling avg 2k a month for the last 4 months.

I only said (and this was way back when I purchased my very first lot of figs) that in the worst case scenario I would at least get my feedback to a higher level than it was at the time (around 20) so that it would be easier to sell the high priced stuff. Having said that, I ended up doing really well on that lot after fees and materials.

Since then, I have not purchased any lot that I did not think would net me a decent profit relative to the time I would spend on it. So far, it has worked really well.

The discount you're talking about is the 20% off FVF for Top Rated Sellers. If you get the store, then that 20% applies to the reduced FVF of 9%

Weight: it's very hard to go over the 3oz limit with figs. I have shipped more than 12 in one envelope for the same $1.69

I must be doing postage wrong.  The 2 figures I weighed in padded envelope were 5 0z and 6 oz.  It is a postal scale.  Maybe I am reading it wrong.  Now that  you mention it...doesn't feel like 5 oz?!  Balls...I wonder if its really half oz?    No...it must be right...because ebay prefills weight of figures....an  it said 4 oz.  I tossed on scale an  it said 5 oz...so figures close enough, printed and shipped.

Wow...so is there a rule for how many times someone can look stupid...before they in fact are? Chalk this up to a rookie mistake. Wow...what a moron. I assumed where it said 0.6 it was 0 pounds and 6 ounces. eBay does in fact pre fill the postage section to 4 oz...at least with the first figure---just tried again and it says the same when I list a figure. Suggests 4oz in thick envelope. Unless I am really dumb and somehow set that up myself and saved it.

So forget 80% of what I typed....if I had the extra buck saved on shipping...it may be viable....not as a money maker...but as a vehicle to get my scores up...and get power seller.....

post-14194-0-29269500-1384226598_thumb.j

Wow...so is there a rule for how many times someone can look stupid...before they in fact are? Chalk this up to a rookie mistake. Wow...what a moron. I assumed where it said 0.6 it was 0 pounds and 6 ounces. eBay does in fact pre fill the postage section to 4 oz...at least with the first figure---just tried again and it says the same when I list a figure. Suggests 4oz in thick envelope. Unless I am really dumb and somehow set that up myself and saved it.

So forget 80% of what I typed....if I had the extra buck saved on shipping...it may be viable....not as a money maker...but as a vehicle to get my scores up...and get power seller.....

Lol - look at Legos long enough and this happens. You can't imagine some of the dumbass mistakes I have made when doing this. The best one was sealing up a package without the figure in it. LOL

Everything else was answered, but as for the packaging, I print out all my labels at once. I then rip the paper in half because I am a badass like that (except the opposite). I use the same size envelope for every shipment - its a little smaller than the label. I have a little system of bends, etc. worked out to where it fits. Its not extremely pretty, but I have not had any customers complain about it in over 400 orders so I think its working.

What I don't get is - You have Children Willy! How have you not set up an assembly line?!? It should be like Santa's Workshop in your house!

Willy, sometime a bunch of us should get together and compile a small (okay, maybe not so small) book called "Dumb Seller Mistakes I've Made". It'd be a bestseller and probably win as a Pulitzer in humor!

Re: minifigs -- I'm finding them quick sellers and very profitable. For those that sell for under $5 (not including shipping, so basically anything I'm going to price at under $6.75 including shipping), I start bundling them with similar or compatible figures - two stormtroopers, 3 orcs, etc. and it seems to work pretty well.

I'll do the same with my non-sellers - let them have a decent run through Christmas, and then anything older than 5 or 6 months old start bundling them and get some money out of them to reinvest in more profitable inventory.

The Lego is enjoying a much more rapid turnover than my main book business, so I'm starting to hold the Lego to a faster turnover standard, too, and at this stage it's looking like the dead weight is going to be cut earlier and more often to make room and cash for more winners.

(That's on eBay - the Bricklink store is looking much more like my original book business -- build slow and steady, see slow and steady increase in sales, and ultimately use it as a reliable and consistent monthly income that will probably take 2 - 4 years to rival the book business that I'd like to start decreasing to a supporting role in this show when that happens.)

Willy, sometime a bunch of us should get together and compile a small (okay, maybe not so small) book called "Dumb Seller Mistakes I've Made". It'd be a bestseller and probably win as a Pulitzer in humor!

Re: minifigs -- I'm finding them quick sellers and very profitable. For those that sell for under $5 (not including shipping, so basically anything I'm going to price at under $6.75 including shipping), I start bundling them with similar or compatible figures - two stormtroopers, 3 orcs, etc. and it seems to work pretty well.

I'll do the same with my non-sellers - let them have a decent run through Christmas, and then anything older than 5 or 6 months old start bundling them and get some money out of them to reinvest in more profitable inventory.

The Lego is enjoying a much more rapid turnover than my main book business, so I'm starting to hold the Lego to a faster turnover standard, too, and at this stage it's looking like the dead weight is going to be cut earlier and more often to make room and cash for more winners.

(That's on eBay - the Bricklink store is looking much more like my original book business -- build slow and steady, see slow and steady increase in sales, and ultimately use it as a reliable and consistent monthly income that will probably take 2 - 4 years to rival the book business that I'd like to start decreasing to a supporting role in this show when that happens.)

What the heck is a book? Is that like a webpage on paper?