What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 9 years later...
Guest TabbyBoy

Wow...so is there a rule for how many times someone can look stupid...before they in fact are? Chalk this up to a rookie mistake. Wow...what a moron. I assumed where it said 0.6 it was 0 pounds and 6 ounces. eBay does in fact pre fill the postage section to 4 oz...at least with the first figure---just tried again and it says the same when I list a figure. Suggests 4oz in thick envelope. Unless I am really dumb and somehow set that up myself and saved it.

So forget 80% of what I typed....if I had the extra buck saved on shipping...it may be viable....not as a money maker...but as a vehicle to get my scores up...and get power seller.....

So glad that we use the metric system in the UK.

It's incredible how fast it showed up.  I ordered it November 7, it was delivered November 11 (from the EU!), and sold today.  Hoping to sell the other tonight to clear some space for your upcoming listings...

$70 purchase price

$12 shipping

$12 ePal fees

$120 sale price

$26 net, just over 35% ROI in five days - my kinda flip.

(edited to correct bad arithmetic!)

Guest TabbyBoy

It's incredible how fast it showed up.  I ordered it November 7, it was delivered November 11 (from the EU!), and sold today.  Hoping to sell the other tonight to clear some space for your upcoming listings...

$70 purchase price

$12 shipping

$12 ePal fees

$120 sale price

What about customs, listing and final value fees?  In the UK it's 20% VAT, 10% FV and 3.8% PayPal.  If I order from the US, it has to be about 60% off to break even.

To ship, did you use USPS Parcel Select or something else?

Also, 42000 was selling just fine around $128 before all the low-ballers popped up.  Raise those prices!

FedEx Ground/Home Delivery - one of the true benefits to being in the middle of the country is the relatively even cost of shipment.  It's not that much different to ship to CA than it is to Miami.

• Like 1

What about customs, listing and final value fees?  In the UK it's 20% VAT, 10% FV and 3.8% PayPal.  If I order from the US, it has to be about 60% off to break even.

Never been charged separately for customs on Amazon UK.  If there are any, they are probably included in the shipping costs (4.95 GBP for first shipment, 2. GBP for each subsequent set ordered. 

ePal = eBay + PayPal fees.  Listing, FVF and PayPal are probably closer to 11% but used 10% was for quick estimate - add $1+ to be completely accurate.

To ship, did you use USPS Parcel Select or something else?

Also, 42000 was selling just fine around $128 before all the low-ballers popped up.  Raise those prices!

To your point, there's a seller now with their price at $112.99, and another at $114.99 (although he has 0 feedback).

Finally sold my last QAR and netted 2x what I paid for it  :money:  This was bitter sweet since QARs and BPs provided the seed money when I got serious into LEGO investing.

$70 purchase price

$12 shipping

$12 ePal fees

$120 sale price

With all due respect Quacs, there are so many other things beside LEGO that can net quick $26 with less initial investment.  In my case, I spent $34 on Wednesday, created the listing that night, and pocketed the $25 net profit less than 24 hours later. That is the kind of flip I like ;)

With all due respect Quacs, there are so many other things beside LEGO that can net quick $26 with less initial investment.  In my case, I spent $34 on Wednesday, created the listing that night, and pocketed the $25 net profit less than 24 hours later. That is the kind of flip I like ;)

Totally agree - spending $34 is better than $70 to make the same amount. What is it you're flipping?

Still, this is a Lego investing site and I think a 30%+ ROI in 5 days is something others may want to emulate. Feel free to try it yourself - it's fun!

• Like 1

Sales have been strong since the beginning of the month...love the sales, but tired of the cardboard, bubble wrap and tape...and lack of space, lol. As far as what is selling, finally sold three copies of 10212  after dropping the price below $400.

k0h9.jpg

That is a lot of sets sold for one month. I can understand what it must fell like, especially lack of space. I am running into that problem right now.

• Like 1