What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 8 years later...

I only sell on Amazon. Next year I think I am going to try my hand on eBay and try to do some dropshipping. Say I was selling Spider-Man titan figure for $20, I'd keep 5 on hand, and list those 5. If someone bought and paid me for one and it was available on Target or Kmart (where I get free shipping on about anything), I'd buy it and have it shipped to them. Amazon customers really frown on it and Amazon is way more strict about that than eBay is.

Is this minus your cost for the product as well?

No, that is my take home pay. You would have to subtract out the cost of the product. So it's not profit. So those Technic Tow Trucks profitted me $12.50 each, and I have 13 that will sell. Jet Planes cost 27.50 each, so they netted me 14.55 each. I will take a 14.55 return on a 27.50 investment any day of the week. What stock can you buy that will give you a 52% ROI in less than a month? Those Hobbit Polys cost me like $3.80 each after the $25 discount, so $12.12 each is nice.

No, that is my take home pay. You would have to subtract out the cost of the product. So it's not profit. So those Technic Tow Trucks profitted me $12.50 each, and I have 13 that will sell. Jet Planes cost 27.50 each, so they netted me 14.55 each. I will take a 14.55 return on a 27.50 investment any day of the week. What stock can you buy that will give you a 52% ROI in less than a month? Those Hobbit Polys cost me like $3.80 each after the $25 discount, so $12.12 each is nice.

I was really just asking the question to help clarify for folks.  You never know how a person might read it.

WHOO - just sold the Cafe Corner I bought for $475. I put about 35$ish into it to get all the pieces ready.

Sold for $799. After fees and shipping, I will make about $190. AND I GOT TO BUILD IT!

I only sell on Amazon. Next year I think I am going to try my hand on eBay and try to do some dropshipping. Say I was selling Spider-Man titan figure for $20, I'd keep 5 on hand, and list those 5. If someone bought and paid me for one and it was available on Target or Kmart (where I get free shipping on about anything), I'd buy it and have it shipped to them. Amazon customers really frown on it and Amazon is way more strict about that than eBay is.

Be careful - hopefully there is a way to not have a packing slip. You will get people leaving you negative feedback because they saw you just drop shipped it from target or Amazon unfortunately.

• Like 1

WHOO - just sold the Cafe Corner I bought for $475. I put about 35$ish into it to get all the pieces ready.

Sold for $799. After fees and shipping, I will make about $190. AND I GOT TO BUILD IT!

Be careful - hopefully there is a way to not have a packing slip. You will get people leaving you negative feedback because they saw you just drop shipped it from target or Amazon unfortunately.

Couldn't agree more. Your asking for trouble IMO. Some buyers may not care but you will definitely run into some that don't take so kindly to being "taken advantage of". 

Semi-interesting small sample size note. I had a few Attack of the Wargs and Mirkwood Spiders at a very low entry price. I have had them as a combo on eBay for $56.99 for probably two months and didn't sell any. Last two weeks I sold a couple, raised price to $59.99, and just sold another pair a few hours after. 

Point only being that with the movie out, and Wargs slated for retirement, these may pick up a little traction.

• Like 1

I sold a Catman Cycle Chase and Captain America as a pair for $60 yesterday. Paid just under $30 or so combined. Easy double! The guy even came to pick up, cash in hand. Took me 1min to list them both on kijiji using stock images. Have 6 more Captain America and 10 more Catwomen. 

Sold an Imperial Flagship a couple days ago for $430 and today a 4504 MF/8092 Landspeeder combo for $100(used).  Probably didn't make a ton of money but needing to clear out sets for capital and space.  I bought another shelf a couple weeks ago and it's already almost full.  The wife is not impressed right now, even though she should be.

Semi-interesting small sample size note. I had a few Attack of the Wargs and Mirkwood Spiders at a very low entry price. I have had them as a combo on eBay for $56.99 for probably two months and didn't sell any. Last two weeks I sold a couple, raised price to $59.99, and just sold another pair a few hours after. 

Point only being that with the movie out, and Wargs slated for retirement, these may pick up a little traction.

Funny you should mention that. I bought 6 of the wargs sets only to realize I didn't really like them and thought it would be hard to sell them. Purchased the 6 at 44$ a pop, selling them for 60$. The first one sold after a few weeks, the second one went very quickly. Not making much on them but I don't want to hold onto them anyway so I'm okay with the small profit...

where did you buy it for 35?

Found some on clearance at a Walmart.  Been to 7 others, nothing. So it was a lucky find.

I just sold 3 in the last 24 hrs as well for $90.  It's time to bump the price back up again, but they weren't moving at $95.

I saw a bunch not selling at 95-100, so I figured $90 was a good mark.