What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 8 years later...

Sold a sealed 8097 Slave I on Craigslist for $135. I bought a few of them for $63/each after tax this past June from a local mom and pop. I love sales like these. No fees, no shipping, and no haggling on price. $70 pure profit. Sadly, for every 30 eBay sales I make I get 1 Craigslist sale. This buyer actually knew the going rate and didn't lowball me with an obscene offer as most craigslisters like to do.

Sold 2 Architecture Studios I picked up at Toysrus.com this week.  I didn't want to get too greedy, so I flipped them pretty quick.  Sold a little lower than I would like, but to the same buyer, which should save me a little on shipping.

Bird in the hand. Wish I got a couple of those from TRU.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

Just did my first flip. 9515 I got for 49.99 and flipped for 129.99. I've been at this for about a month now but just started posting on ebay a couple weeks ago. I think I undersold it because it sold in about 30 minutes.

I've been struggling to get rid of mine.  I foolishly bought 10 of them them for

Just did my first flip. 9515 I got for 49.99 and flipped for 129.99. I've been at this for about a month now but just started posting on ebay a couple weeks ago. I think I undersold it because it sold in about 30 minutes.

That's awesome. I don't think you undersold it. I think the stars were aligned and you listed at the perfect time and caught the perfect buyer. That set is a tough one to move, and currently only has a BP value of $112. The current data is from the holiday sales too, which is when prices tend to get a little inflated. I would be extremely happy with $130 for that set, esp when you bought in at $50. Good job!

Guest TabbyBoy

That's awesome. I don't think you undersold it. I think the stars were aligned and you listed at the perfect time and caught the perfect buyer. That set is a tough one to move, and currently only has a BP value of $112. The current data is from the holiday sales too, which is when prices tend to get a little inflated. I would be extremely happy with $130 for that set, esp when you bought in at $50. Good job!

I can't agree more as I don't think UK eBayers even looked at mine!  I'm listing one soon at 1p (

After reading these forums for a while, I came across a post that said you should really sell a set before you jump in and buy too much.  While this seems like obvious advice, I just assumed that selling would be easy.  I had a 6868 Hulk Breakout set and decided with the new Hulk set right around the corner, this was a prime candidate for a first sale.

After reading posts around here it made the most sense to list as BIN.  Checked recent sold prices, set my price, and decided to include "free" shipping.  Since I had never sold anything on eBay I stumbled through the listing process and got my listing just right.  I hit submit and 16 minutes later I had the set sold. 

After shipping, fees, and the original purchase price, I made $35.56, which just about covers the second set I planned to give the kids.

While I don't expect everything to sell that fast or go that smoothly with every buyer, I am definitely hooked now.  I like buying, but selling is pretty great too.

• Like 1

It's been a long time and I probably had it listed for 6 months, but I finally sold a Darth Maul's Sith Infiltrator (7961) for $69.99.

Congrats. Sad that Lucas didn't let Mail survive ep 1. These prequel sets can be really hard to move.

I saw your listing and wanted it for my son. $70 was a fair deal. I just could make myself buy it since I still wanna throw a tantrum every time I see my last Podracer set.

Congrats. Sad that Lucas didn't let Mail survive ep 1. These prequel sets can be really hard to move.

I saw your listing and wanted it for my son. $70 was a fair deal. I just could make myself buy it since I still wanna throw a tantrum every time I see my last Podracer set.

Thanks, I have several more to offload, but I'm not sure when I'll list them.  PM me if you have a price in mind if you'd like to buy one...

Sold an Orc forge via amazon, man those fees! Also sold a polybag this morning.

Sent from my iPod touch using Brickpicker

Good stuff.  A sale is a sale :)  Prices on amazon are higher so I think you made enough margin even with those fees.  Sometimes I wonder how people can spend that much on Lego but I'm glad I sold it to them instead of someone else. 

Last night I spent probably four hours sorting, taking pictures, packaging, and listing some bulk lots/parts lots I have. I have been avoiding it for a couple of months - a nice reminder to think twice before jumping on that next Craigslist bulk lot, lol.

Sold 3 lots already - 7894 Airport parts lot sold in about 30 min, that always makes me think I priced something too low, lol. Hard to figure out a good price for an incomplete set with no instructions. 

Next I need to cull some sealed inventory...we are thinking about moving and I am thinking it is time to downside some inventory!

• Like 1