What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 8 years later...

Sold a used 7938/7939 combo for $229.99 and a lot of 36 baseplates for $139.99.  Still selling off a Craigslist lot of 115 lbs. and it looks like in the end should net around a $1000 profit.  I wasn't able to make many sets, but the nice parts, figures, baseplates, and sets I could make turned out to be a very nice lot.  That, and my son gets to keep the Creator Lighthouse, Seaside house, and Bank and Money Transfer sets and dad gets to keep a Maersk Train on top of it.

• Like 1

10231 the other day.  I probably could have squeezed $20 more by waiting for Christmas. Oh well..

Prices really fluctuate on that set.  I sold the Shuttle Expedition with a pretty badly damaged box in late November for $200, but I saw them go as low as $140 - $150 in December, wierd.

sold an architechture studio at ebay for 212, a B-wing for 200.

the funny thing is, somebody offered me $500 last night for the B-wing, I jumped and was going to just accept it. But then I figure that it's too good to be true and decided to check with the person. And i was right, it wasn't 500 =(

somebody also offer me $150 for imperial star destroyer at craiglist, used

Lego Bionicle Glatorian Gelu 8988 for $18.  

I've built 100's of Bionicle dudes from the random lots of LEGO I purchase.   I tend to store these elements till the mood strikes then once or twice a year I build what I can.  Then I sell them off individually to make more money to buy more LEGO.   :money:

Mailed out a cloud cuckoo palace today (no figs) and shipping ended up being $15.63, and that was AFTER a 5% discount with the VentureOne program. Thought it would only be 1.34 for a small packet. Losing money on this one. :'( Complete shipping fail!

15.63?!?! I can ship a medium/large priority mail for that much.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

Mailed out a cloud cuckoo palace today (no figs) and shipping ended up being $15.63, and that was AFTER a 5% discount with the VentureOne program. Thought it would only be 1.34 for a small packet. Losing money on this one. :'( Complete shipping fail!

Something went horribly wrong ... it should have cost less than $3 if you used a small bubble mailer.

Yep. It was a small/medium bubble mailer but because it was bulky (they have a plastic measuring thing to see if it fits through the slot - it didn't), it was considered a parcel. I was burned once before, should have learnt my lesson LOL. I didn't think it would be more than $10............

Canada Post SUCKS!!!!

15.63?!?! I can ship a medium/large priority mail for that much.

Something went horribly wrong ... it should have cost less than $3 if you used a small bubble mailer.

Sold a few items on Craigslist over the past few days. Love these sales since everything after cost is profit since there are no fees and I am not shipping anything.

Heartlake vet for $75 (paid $26).

Republic star cruiser for $35 (paid $17).

6212 x-wing for $65 (paid $40).

4202 mining truck for $30 (paid $20).

Piece of resistance poly for $10 (received free from LEGO Shop at Home).

All sets were factory sealed. My Craigslist traffic seems to have picked up a bit since the release of the lego movie.

Finally sold my last Anakin's vs. Sebulba's Pod Racer set and a few polybags.  I also sold my last Republic Frigate, Landspeeders and Maul's Sith Infiltrator this week.  Well, I'm actually holding onto one of the Sith Infiltrators for myself.  Star Wars is selling pretty well right now.

• Like 1

Finally sold my last Anakin's vs. Sebulba's Pod Racer set and a few polybags. I also sold my last Republic Frigate, Landspeeders and Maul's Sith Infiltrator this week. Well, I'm actually holding onto one of the Sith Infiltrators for myself. Star Wars is selling pretty well right now.

Congrats! It always feels good when you can clear your inventory of a few dogs. I felt the same way when I finally unloaded my home ones and portal of Atlantis sets last year.

• Like 1

Sold a minifigure the other day.

Sold a TC-14 the other day...bubble envelope...wanted tracking/insurance included in the Venture card but CP said that will turn it into a 'parcel' and would cost me $10 haha.  WTF.  So I go from like $1 postage to $10 eventhough it's on the  same truck...delivery person, time, but 10x's the cost for tracking?!  Weird.  Maybe the person calculated it wrong.  No wonder CP gets such bad press.  Why can't they offer like $3-$4 for tracking and insurance even for small envelopes, I might have done that.  If I pay $10 for shipping my net profit would be cut by almost 50% on this sale lol.  Silly.  I went the cheap route obviously and will take my chances.  So far no issues with Amazon buyers/deliveries (knock on wood).