What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 8 years later...

I wish I had that many!  I've only got 2 left (started with 6).  Still trying to decide whether to raise the price a little or pull them off and hold till Christmas.  What are you raising price to?

I might raise to $65 or $70.  If they sell, great!  If they don't, I still have my stock for Christmas.

I've been selling Rapunzel polybags, and Stephanie/Emma polybags (together as a set).  I've also been selling minifigs that I've been parting out, mostly Star Wars Clone Troopers.

Dropped off six packages at the post office this morning (a one day record for me), after making sales between yesterday morning after I got to work, and this morning when I left.

• Like 1

I made my first sell on ebay today. I accepted an offer which was a bit below my asking price. I send my bank details to the buyer as well (through ebay).

My question is: Do I need to send the set right away tomorrow or do I need to wait till the money has arrived on my bank account first?

I made my first sell on ebay today. I accepted an offer which was a bit below my asking price. I send my bank details to the buyer as well (through ebay).

My question is: Do I need to send the set right away tomorrow or do I need to wait till the money has arrived on my bank account first?

You need to send the set as soon as they paid you through paypal. Since you are new to ebay your funds will not be available for a couple of weeks (or less). Don't worry once they paid through PayPal you will get your money.

Nice busy weekend for a small time reseller like me, M. Falcon (9765), Weathertop, Catwoman and Wolverine Chopper.  Made some nice margins/ROI overall on these relatively recent sets.  Including shipping a buyer paid $90 for the Wolverine - nice.  Down to my last one...will keep it for personal collection.  Knocking myself when I could of picked up 15 more at retail price just 1-2 months ago, good money maker.  

Nice to clear some inventory.  I'm not a buy and hold type...so good to get some funds back and pick up some big sets in April.      

• Like 1

Been slow this week, just a pairb of minifigures.

Sold another chrome TC-14 minifig...easy to pack but had to visit the post office again today (figure, the sooner the better).  $1.50 postage in bubble envelope.  Still can't believe it costs +$10 for tracking/insurance on this (using Canada Post) - yikes.    

4 of them were "free" since I got them through cancelled orders on shop@home, so I had no problem flipping them now (and keeping one for myself), $60 in my pocket with no effort. 

No effort, eh?  I guess you didn't have to order the items, receive them, list them, package them, then ship them.   And I guess you also didn't have to do whatever type of bookkeeping you do for those four sales.

The best tip I've gotten off this site was to use BIN. I will still do an occasional auction for some hard to price items, but I find at least 90% of my listings are BINs.

Yes, me too! one of the best advice is to use BIN. I found that normally BIN is priced higher, I guess buyer would pay a bit more to get it right now instead of waiting for auctions to end.

However, I do get the excitement from people bidding on my auctions, so I still do it now and then, but just less often.