What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 8 years later...

i had a buyer from the Philippines who purchased one of my UCS SW sets.  Since he has a sister living in NYC and they visit each other, I shipped the set there to save me grief and him money.   Can you ask if he has something similar?

Anyway, make sure you ship using USPS Priority or Express International and with insurance to protect yourself (add delivery signature if offered).  Since the target destination is in China, I wouldn't lie on the Customs form either.  Not worth taking a chance with the Chinese..

I shipped my UCS sets to Portland, Oregon today.  I have shipped to similar address in the past.  Definitely going to China. 

I'm pretty sure you're right.  I was lucky I noticed they were going to different addresses because I packaged them all together before noticing he was sending them to different places, though they all appeared to be going to the same apt. complex or something.  As long as he doesn't try to pull any crap with me, I don't care if he sends them to the North Pole.

I did the same thing.  I tried to ask him if it was ok to package them all together, but his responses were kind of cryptic.  I went ahead and put them all in the same box with signature required and slapped some insurance on them, since I was saving on shipping anyway.

you are correct. 

my solution...

i export my brickfolio to one file.  then i automatically copy some data from that exported file in my "Sales" file.

my sales file looks like this....

What I want to know is how you got a DS2 for $120.

and also I just sold my R2 and 3P0 Technic sets. yay for me

What I want to know is how you got a DS2 for $120.

and also I just sold my R2 and 3P0 Technic sets. yay for me

It wasn't a DS2 but a Vader Tie Advance. I bought it for something like $60. Needed to buy and replace elements to complete it as well as the manual. I also replaced the sticker / stand with a better conditioned one and sold the older one, so my buy-in was actually more like $110 since I sold the old stand for a profit.

I'm not usually a flipper but this one was too good by half. I bought a Hulk Helicarrier Breakout at Target 3 weeks ago on clearance for $35 CDN. I sold it on Kijji yesterday for $95! What I especially loved about this sale was that it was a "no cost" transaction from start to finish so the $60 profit is mine free and clear. I bought and sold it using my metropass so there were no transportation costs (ie gas and mileage) other than time, and using Kijiji there were no listing fees, no paypal fees, or shipping and packaging costs.

I'm not usually a flipper but this one was too good by half. I bought a Hulk Helicarrier Breakout at Target 3 weeks ago on clearance for $35 CDN. I sold it on Kijji yesterday for $95! What I especially loved about this sale was that it was a "no cost" transaction from start to finish so the $60 profit is mine free and clear. I bought and sold it using my metropass so there were no transportation costs (ie gas and mileage) other than time, and using Kijiji there were no listing fees, no paypal fees, or shipping and packaging costs.

Nice jeff_14.  I'm finding the Hulk set is selling very well for me too...if you're in the GTA maybe that was a customer you took from me lol.  JK.  Even at full retail price of $64 + tax, decent enough margin if buyers pay $100 or more.  Yeah, obviously should of bought more at discounted prices.  Like you said, no fees, delivery costs etc. so local exchange is nice.  I've restocked my Hulk sets and hope buyers keep coming at $100-$140.  Easy flips. 

Guest TabbyBoy

My very first Cat Cycle.  Looks like these are picking up a bit now.  Sadly I'm now out of 4529 Iron Man (but, keeping 1 for collection) as those went like hot cakes.

Guest TabbyBoy

I'm looking at eBay alternatives now as they're taking the piss raising FVF from 5.25% to 10%, this really adds up and takes a bigger chunk of profit than tax!

Had a nice Sunday on Bricklink. A buyer from France helped me unload some of my inventory.

1 Toy Story Woody's Round-up (new)

1 10198 Tantive IV (open box. Only built once by me)

1 10144 Sandcrawler (no box)

1 Toy Story Buzz's Spaceship (new)

2 minifigs.

Also sold a 6211 (no box) sold last Thursday. (Only need to unload 1 more of these, a sealed one).

I was so happy with these sales that I did the Hulk Smash dance with my son's toy.

• Like 2

Sold a Helms Deep for $150 (bought it for $90 and still have 2 more for longer term sale) and a 4x4 Ltd Edition Crawler II for $350 (paid $250 and have 7 more for later resale). The nice part about both is that they were both Craigslist sales and so there are no shipping, listing or other such fees. The difference between purchase and sale is all profit, as are the credit card and LEGO VIP points I got when buying them. 

Managed to offload 2 more pod racer sets recently and down to last one which never was listed due to my toddler putting a whole in the box by standing on it.

Also sold my remaining Cap sets, and have 2 Hulk sets left. The funny thing about the Hulk sets was having put 7 aside in my Diagon Alley boxes. It was like finding a bit of gold.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Sold a Helms Deep for $150 (bought it for $90 and still have 2 more for longer term sale) and a 4x4 Ltd Edition Crawler II for $350 (paid $250 and have 7 more for later resale). The nice part about both is that they were both Craigslist sales and so there are no shipping, listing or other such fees. The difference between purchase and sale is all profit, as are the credit card and LEGO VIP points I got when buying them. 

Nice local sales.  these 'big' sets with nice ROI will free up some cash for sure. 

Nice local sales.  these 'big' sets with nice ROI will free up some cash for sure. 

Wasn't desperate for some cash but I got my 3 Helms Deep on the TRU clearance back in October, however 2 were sort of beat up (one had a gaping hole in it and the other was taped up). I saved the one with the hole for my personal collection after finding nothing missing and this sale was for the taped one at a nice profit considering its state. The one I have left for future sales in in pristine condition though so I'd like to wait a while into its EOL period before selling.

Wasn't desperate for some cash but I got my 3 Helms Deep on the TRU clearance back in October, however 2 were sort of beat up (one had a gaping hole in it and the other was taped up). I saved the one with the hole for my personal collection after finding nothing missing and this sale was for the taped one at a nice profit considering its state. The one I have left for future sales in in pristine condition though so I'd like to wait a while into its EOL period before selling.

yeah, I got 6 left from a $90ish sale last yr as well.  Still keeping my local price firm at $170 CAN retail price...no rush, it's a great set and I have confidence it will appreciate nicely.  If I sell some now no problem...will just raise listing price as my stock or local competition dwindles.