71006 - The Simpsons House

Jeff Mack

The Simpsons House  

549 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about The Simpsons House?

• Love it!
    • Could be better.
    • Hate it.
    • Don't care either way.
  2. 2. How do you feel about investment potential?

• It's a winner!
    • It's okay.
    • It stinks.
  3. 3. Are you interested to see more sets for The Simpsons?

• Yes, please!
    • No, thank you.
    • Couldn't care less.

Most 20+ years old dont buy toys

20 years of air-time doesn't mean that everyone who watched it began at the age of 0, 20 years ago...  There is a spectrum of ages who will have watched over the last 20 years.  And of course 20+ years buy 'toys' - that is the whole AFOL movement and the purpose of making the modular buildings in the first place. 

20 years of air-time doesn't mean that everyone who watched it began at the age of 0, 20 years ago...  There is a spectrum of ages who will have watched over the last 20 years.  And of course 20+ years buy 'toys' - that is the whole AFOL movement and the purpose of making the modular buildings in the first place. 

" AFOL Movement" 20+ year olds buying toys for themselves is still a very small percent of the general public

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

I'm pleased to say that my two 71006s arrived in their own sealed factory outer box inside Lego's shipping box.  I'll order these in pairs from now on once the supermarkets get hold of them.  Since these two are pristine, they're being but in a black bin liner at the back of the loft for the long haul.

Has been available all day at US LEGO Shop at Home. Everybody thought it was going to sell out instantly. I wasn't gonna be surprised either way. I do know that hardly any kids are gonna be interested in it, this is a 100% AFOL set. No 7 or 8 year old knows who the Simpsons even are.

My 8 yr old son is playing tapped out on kindle and so are his friends. asking me about all the simpsons characters. Strange world we live in now with apps games and marketing.

• Like 2

Ok - please tell me how this is possible.

I have been watching what the Simpsons House set has been selling for on eBay.

By my calculations - after the cost (plus tax), eBay and PayPal fees, and the estimated shipping cost - many of these sets sell at a break-even or a loss. How is this possible? Are people willing to do that or am I missing something? Your thoughts?

Ok - please tell me how this is possible.

I have been watching what the Simpsons House set has been selling for on eBay.

By my calculations - after the cost (plus tax), eBay and PayPal fees, and the estimated shipping cost - many of these sets sell at a break-even or a loss. How is this possible? Are people willing to do that or am I missing something? Your thoughts?

Can you post your calculations?

I bought two and currently have one listed for $300 buy it now, but I don't expect it to sell...yet. Once they are released to the general public and sell out (hopefully), that's when the prices on eBay will go up. If they don't sell at that point then they will go into my storage unit for awhile....quite a long while. Yeah, it will suck having $400 tied up in these for awhile, but I can sweat it out. I'm not going to sell at a loss just to get rid of them, and I do not want to sell at a minimum profit either. The closest lego store to me is 90 miles away, so I won't be making a trip to return them. That's they gamble we all take in this little game we like to play.