71006 - The Simpsons House

Jeff Mack

The Simpsons House  

549 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about The Simpsons House?

• Love it!
    • Could be better.
    • Hate it.
    • Don't care either way.
  2. 2. How do you feel about investment potential?

• It's a winner!
    • It's okay.
    • It stinks.
  3. 3. Are you interested to see more sets for The Simpsons?

• Yes, please!
    • No, thank you.
    • Couldn't care less.

In Belgium, I received an email that the house is now available for VIP members only. However, it's out of stock until Feb 6th...

When I look at the prices in Belgium and The Netherlands on the Lego shop, it costs 219,99Euro! (that's around 279USD).

In France or Germany, the price is 199,99Euro (around 270USD).

The price in the US appears to be only 147Euro (199,99USD)... :shocked:

Why is there some much difference..? Maybe I should move to the US ;-)

In Belgium, I received an email that the house is now available for VIP members only. However, it's out of stock until Feb 6th...

When I look at the prices in Belgium and The Netherlands on the Lego shop, it costs 219,99Euro! (that's around 279USD).

Because LEGO tries to take all European cash away from us..... so LEGO gets discounts in US :D

That's TLG's regional pricing at work.  Be thankful, it's $330 US in my region  :shocked:

Here is an article in regional pricing differences

Guest TabbyBoy

OOS on Lego UK LEGO Shop at Home; limit revised down to 1; due to ship Feb 6th.

Yes, I just noticed myself.  My 2 are still showing "In Process" so, I'm not relaxing until they show "Shipped".  I have a feeling that this could be 41999 all over again as it may be the case that they don't have enough for the 01FEB release to the general public.  There is going to be big money in that house I think!

Guest TabbyBoy

Check to see if you have a tracking number in your order after you click processing, Tabs. I ordered mine after yours and they're showing processing, but are out for delivery as we speak.

Thanks, I just checked. They left The Netherlands this morning and has just arrived at TNT's depot in the UK.  Hopefully, I'll have them tomorrow.  But, I'm not listing them until in hand. :dancing:

Guest TabbyBoy

I'm thinking LEGO put enough aside for the release on 1 FEB

It'll help us a lot if they didn't.  I'm visiting all the Lego shops I can on 01FEB to buy as much as I can without the VIP card.

Nah he isn't listing it to sell, but to warn naive buyers.  I just got an e-mail back from him saying that he bought 2 from the Lego shop, and that:

"One to build, one for my 1-year old when he gets older. 

#noteveryoneisadirtbag

Adam"

For his 1-year old son when he's older - yeah yeah yeah.  I.e. when he can make money from the second, he'll flip it like a mother-f* and let his soon drool on the first one he's built.
  • Like 1

I won't consider flipping mine until after general release, and only then if it OOS's.  If that doesn't happen, I'll consider keeping one and sending the other back.

Isn't that what we already have, a general release? Since this is a Lego exclusive for now it will only be sold at the Lego store and Lego LEGO Shop at Home and anyone who wants one can buy one. I was at the Lego store yesterday and they were using it to entice people to join VIP with you will get $10 off your next purchase. Online all you have to do is sign up. I know there will be many that do not realize this and will wait but with the readily availability of this set even if it goes OOS on Feb 1 there will be plenty being flipped on eBay that I do not see the price going above $280.

Or am I missing something?

Guest TabbyBoy

Isn't that what we already have, a general release? Since this is a Lego exclusive for now it will only be sold at the Lego store and Lego LEGO Shop at Home and anyone who wants one can buy one. I was at the Lego store yesterday and they were using it to entice people to join VIP with you will get $10 off your next purchase. Online all you have to do is sign up. I know there will be many that do not realize this and will wait but with the readily availability of this set even if it goes OOS on Feb 1 there will be plenty being flipped on eBay that I do not see the price going above $280.

Or am I missing something?

They are now going for

Guest TabbyBoy

Received my two today.  A bit miffed at Lego - no packaging protection whatsoever inside the cardboard box.  One set has an oblique crease on the front and the other a crease on the front which runs along the side.  Cheers Lego.

Bummer... Can you exchange it at a Lego Store (if you have one close) saying that it's a present and you need the box to be perfect?  However, at least you'll get your money back and a lot more.  Mine have just arrived at the office so, I'll find out tomorrow.

I could, but to be honest I'm just going to end up buying another one or two from the Lego store anyway.  After seeing the box in person it's quite impressive.  I'm starting to wonder what this will do long-term.  And I'm also wondering why Lego are specifying this is a 'modular' design (honestly, they do - I don't mean to start a debate! :P).  Are they going to bring out more buildings so you can make your own Springfield?  If so, this will be a COLOSSAL investment, because Springfield isn't Springfield without the Simpsons....  Purely speculation on my part, of course.  I'm also hedging my bets that with the 20+ year fanbase demand will far outstrip supply.

I could, but to be honest I'm just going to end up buying another one or two from the Lego store anyway.  After seeing the box in person it's quite impressive.  I'm starting to wonder what this will do long-term.  And I'm also wondering why Lego are specifying this is a 'modular' design (honestly, they do - I don't mean to start a debate! :P).  Are they going to bring out more buildings so you can make your own Springfield?  If so, this will be a COLOSSAL investment, because Springfield isn't Springfield without the Simpsons....  Purely speculation on my part, of course.  I'm also hedging my bets that with the 20+ year fanbase demand will far outstrip supply.

What does LEGO consider under their definition of modular? Anything with flexible arrangement?

If the Simpsons House is considered a modular building, it's probably in the same vein that the Haunted House is?

Can't wait for mine to get here, definitely building one of them immediately.

People who signed up online could not buy the Simpsons set. Only those who signed up in person are able to get one (according to the distributed email).

I bought one to build as it looks a lot better in person than on the box.

I agreed. It looks much better in person than on the box. It is very nice.