71006 - The Simpsons House

Jeff Mack

The Simpsons House  

549 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about The Simpsons House?

• Love it!
    • Could be better.
    • Hate it.
    • Don't care either way.
  2. 2. How do you feel about investment potential?

• It's a winner!
    • It's okay.
    • It stinks.
  3. 3. Are you interested to see more sets for The Simpsons?

• Yes, please!
    • No, thank you.
    • Couldn't care less.

Starting to get posted on eBay for $270-$280 with free shipping. If that sticks, not going to be worth flipping these. Guess it depends on whether they sell out on LEGO Shop at Home quickly.

Too obvious of a candidate for quick flipping, meaning I am staying away from it for now.  However, if you have a stomach for making $30 on $200 investment or tons of expiring VIP points, then go for it. ;)

• Like 1

Limit is 1 now.

I just bought two at store also gave me a City 30228 for spending $50 so made two transactions. My wife and two daughters did the same thing. Manager told us they had 100 sets this morning when they opened. Not many people seemed to be buying them but buying lots of other sets.

I went to make an order not including the Simpson's set and I had hoped to get the promotional City ATV item. So many were ordering the Simpson's set today that they are now out of the City set and the poster. I'm bummed to miss out on the promos. If only I'd logged on yesterday...

Guest brickcrazyhouse

Someone has to open an account under Reese Cellar and see how it goes. Anyone who doesn't use the brick and mortar store often come on do it

Has been available all day at US S@H. Everybody thought it was going to sell out instantly. I wasn't gonna be surprised either way. I do know that hardly any kids are gonna be interested in it, this is a 100% AFOL set. No 7 or 8 year old knows who the Simpsons even are.

Honestly, I feel as though that is more of the reason behind the Fox/Lego collaboration. Fox is trying to hook the younger generation's attention and what better way to do so then shoot an entire episode of The Simpsons in Lego while releasing these characters in said product form. Still, the house is way over any child's allowance so unless their parents buy it for them (for some reason) then the Minifigures series will be the only way they will get to purchase anything of The Simpsons in Lego.
  • Like 1

Only 130ish listings on Ebay already. Price is already down to $269 and free shipping. Even a flipper like me (uh I mean reseller, no wait, I mean LEGO Broker) wouldn't touch this with a 10 foot pole.

I think the real test will be if it sells out when it releases to the general public. I ordered a couple online, can always return them if it doesn't sell out and the price stays where it is.

• Like 1

nope... never really liked Simpsons..... I was more a South park/Friends type of kid :D

Absolutely. I watched the show but it was never must see and quickly got bored with it. I do think this set will be a winner. I also think there may be a short production run on some sets) but not cashing in on the initial frenzy, especially at $330 Australian.

Does anyone know if there is going to be a limited number of these produced?  If so, I can see why everone is rushing to get them.  But if not, why not wait, for those that are looking at it from just an investment standpoint, until it is closer to its EOL date ??

It will likely be in production for some time, but there is an opportunity to flip these if they sell out. The Maersk ship was sold out after initial release and was going for $200-220 on ebay while out of stock.

• Like 1

Guest betsy805

got one to flip...ended up selling for $280.  Only saving grace was they're in Hong Kong, so the free shipping doesn't apply, otherwise this set stinks to flip so far.  Not to mention it's ENORMOUS.  

We opened one to build. Really like it! Lots of details. I like the house flips open, and you can take off the roof to see the inside.

Just want to add: not sure if it is because our expectation is low, so this set turns out much nicer than we though. Nicer that the pictures for sure.