71006 - The Simpsons House

Jeff Mack

The Simpsons House  

549 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about The Simpsons House?

• Love it!
    • Could be better.
    • Hate it.
    • Don't care either way.
  2. 2. How do you feel about investment potential?

• It's a winner!
    • It's okay.
    • It stinks.
  3. 3. Are you interested to see more sets for The Simpsons?

• Yes, please!
    • No, thank you.
    • Couldn't care less.

I hope so but even then I feel bad for everyone wanting to collect The Simpsons blind bags all the same. Can you think about the kid getting a bunch of Barts & Homers? :( Actually I wonder if there will be any variant of the characters already in the house also in the series. Also will there just be sixteen to collect as usual or even more? There is a whole slew of characters from the TV series I'm sure many would want.

I want ralph.

I hope so but even then I feel bad for everyone wanting to collect The Simpsons blind bags all the same. Can you think about the kid getting a bunch of Barts & Homers? :( Actually I wonder if there will be any variant of the characters already in the house also in the series. Also will there just be sixteen to collect as usual or even more? There is a whole slew of characters from the TV series I'm sure many would want.

I believe the CMFs will all be different from the house ones. It'll be the usual 16. From earlier reports, these are the only ones we know so far: Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, Apu, Chief Wiggum, Moe, Itchy and Scratchy. I'm sure some of the regulars of the show will be showing up too.

Guest brickcrazyhouse

I'm 50/50 on the figs will wait and see i guess. but at the top of my wish list mr. plow, moe and a torso with the camp krusty logo 

Why is everyone getting so worked up about the guy trying to sell the Simpsons house on eBay? He is free to charge whatever he would like. Sure he is insane and if someone buys it they are even more so but isn't this what we are all doing. Buying up Lego sets to sell them on eBay or Amazon at a higher price? Should we be mad at all the people that took the Dolphin Cruiser out of the hands of little girls this past Christmas by buying them all up and putting them on eBay for twice the price. Or all those that bought up the Architecture Studios so no one could find them at any B&****** during Christmas. The way I see it everyone is free to try to make money off of this Lego investing thing any way they can. Sure he is an idiot but who cares. 

Because its asinine listings on Ebay like this that bring it closer to Craigslist everyday.

I am surprised this has not generated more traffic, but TLG is releasing the Simpson's house for only 199.99 in the US.  That is under 8 cents per piece.  That is quite an amazing price, many were guessing more around 299.99, and I am sure we would have all paid.  Don't tell TLG, but I think they could have increased the price by asmuch as 33%, and we would have still all bought it!!

I am surprised this has not generated more traffic, but TLG is releasing the Simpson's house for only 199.99 in the US.  That is under 8 cents per piece.  That is quite an amazing price, many were guessing more around 299.99, and I am sure we would have all paid.  Don't tell TLG, but I think they could have increased the price by asmuch as 33%, and we would have still all bought it!!

They could charge whatever they want for a lot of the big sets... TLG is basically printing money most of the time.

Plus, this is all for the kids and everyone must have a chance to buy, right? Can't exactly price out the market after banning resellers for doing the same thing. :rofl:

I don't think will make up my mind on this set until I see a video review, I would probably like it if it was cheaper, I don't think I like it, like the simpsons though, is that the bed tv aerial they could come up with. The car looks rather naff, I have always enjoyed making lego houses, I think mods tavern would be more fun with barney.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bv-aKg1XyNQ

I think that this will be a winner. As soon as word spread on FB regarding this set, many of my friends who aren't into Lego at all, came knocking on my door asking how they could get one of these and if I had some other pics of the set.

As TabbyBoy, staying up late to fetch some of these as soon as they come out.