71006 - The Simpsons House

Jeff Mack

The Simpsons House  

549 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about The Simpsons House?

• Love it!
    • Could be better.
    • Hate it.
    • Don't care either way.
  2. 2. How do you feel about investment potential?

• It's a winner!
    • It's okay.
    • It stinks.
  3. 3. Are you interested to see more sets for The Simpsons?

• Yes, please!
    • No, thank you.
    • Couldn't care less.

I absolutely could not give a toss about this or any Simpsons sets. The show has long run its course. It should have ended about seven or eight years ago. But greed has keep the same old jokes re-run over and over again with very flimsy storylines. The movie was awful and sounded the death knell of this once very funny show. Why on earth are Lego picking this up now when the show is a walking zombie that doesn't know its dead. Stockpile this at your peril.

I absolutely could not give a toss about this or any Simpsons sets. The show has long run its course. It should have ended about seven or eight years ago. But greed has keep the same old jokes re-run over and over again with very flimsy storylines. The movie was awful and sounded the death knell of this once very funny show. Why on earth are Lego picking this up now when the show is a walking zombie that doesn't know its dead. Stockpile this at your peril.

Interesting take... I may be a bit younger than you which gives me a different perspective on the show. The movie was very popular among people I know... I haven't heard anyone talk of the show as a walking zombie either.... It's obviously not as popular as it once was, but I personally don't think your views would be shared with many Simpsons fans. There are a lot of fans out there, which is obviously what drives the future value.

Wow, this is much bigger than I had anticipated.  I was in for a $70-80 set, I don't think I will be investing or even picking up one to build.  I was never a Simpsons fan, and was around for the shows entirety, but just never found it funny.  I'm sure this will do well one day, but it doesn't pass the personal like test to spend money on it.

I saw this posted in the newsfeed from Brickset and Eurobricks.  Its over 2500 pieces and looks pretty awesome..

11781872325_739a5667c5_o.jpg

Very excited about this one, but I'm curious why they would attach the garage to the back half of the house instead of the front half. Connecting it to the front half would have maintained the look of the entire front facade when the house is open.

My only complaints with this set is that Bart & Lisa mini figures don't look great just average, it would have been nice if Bart's treehouse had been included too but i assume at 2,500 pieces it was already too big.

In the future I'd like to see:

The school bus

Power plant

Moe's Bar

Treehouse of Horror style set

The school (or a classroom)

In reality there is so much that can be done with The simpsons though, i can't wait  :sorcerer:

Guest brickcrazyhouse

looks great. used to love the simpsons. have the first 12 seasons. With the expected price tag for this set, I'm probably going to pass. Might pick up a couple if I can find them at a good deal.  there's just to many other better sets I'ld rather tie up my cash with. If this was 10 years ago maybe i'ld be more excited. 

Interesting take... I may be a bit younger than you which gives me a different perspective on the show. The movie was very popular among people I know... I haven't heard anyone talk of the show as a walking zombie either.... It's obviously not as popular as it once was, but I personally don't think your views would be shared with many Simpsons fans. There are a lot of fans out there, which is obviously what drives the future value.

Completely agree with you. I base my opinions on what I think and I'm not influenced by anyone. I grew up with the Simpsons and probably spent way to much time watching reruns over and over. I found it has long gone stale and no matter how funny a joke is, sooner or later when it's been told for the umptheeth time the laughter will dwindle and finally stop. However all said and done I'm glad you and others still like the show. It is not a personal bash at the Simpsons, I just think it should have ended when it stopped being truly original. I just don't watch it anymore and couldn't care to watch it. I still have loads of playmates figures that I keep that remind me of the genuinely funny episodes, but that is nostalgia ( Evil Homer, Boxing Homer and Astronaut Homer are a few of my favourites that I kept. BTW the walking dead reference is my own, that is why you have not heard anyone talk of the show in that way. keep enjoying the show and make sure to watch season 5-8 as they are the pinnacle episodes in my humble opinion.

I am also in the camp that the Simpsons has long run its course, but come on, from an investment perspective this is something with global appeal, and a lot of hardcore fans. Go take a look at the prices for some of the scenes and figures in past years. For the right price I will stash one for sure. 

I'm not a huge fan of The Simpsons myself , but I would say that roughly 25 years (that's a lot !!) of running TV shows (plus a movie , comics, videogames, etc.)  have definitively helped to build a huge fan base .

I would say the Simpson franchise will always sell to somebody due to the endless followers and the constant presence to the eyes of yougers and less (target age could be 15-40 y.o. ?)

in short words : winner

I am also in the camp that the Simpsons has long run its course, but come on, from an investment perspective this is something with global appeal, and a lot of hardcore fans. Go take a look at the prices for some of the scenes and figures in past years. For the right price I will stash one for sure. 

I don't know if you'll be able to find a great price as this is a D2C set, so unless you're counting VIP points, it's going to be retail, which will probably come with a $249 price tag.   That's just too much for a house, no matter how much playability it has in it.

For those not liking the figure selection, remember, there will be the Simpsons line of CMF's as well coming this year.

This is a great looking set and does the house justice for the Simpson fans. It even opens up like the haunted house. The question is how many passionate fans are there out there? Who still watches the Simpsons? I'm really on the fence with this one. I will be interested to see how well it sells.

Guest brickcrazyhouse

haven't watch an episode in years and it was on so I thought with this set coming out I'ld give them another try.  I regret it.  horrible.  but the amount of people that remember the good days is unmatched.  as for investment value for this set I just don't know